Presidential candidates and presidents are vulnerable to assassination. They expose themselves to large unruly crowds. Americans are reluctant to form a weapon-free bubble around a candidate or president, as they would at an airport. About a third of all American presidents were shot at, if not killed. Bodyguards scan the crowds for trouble, but that is an almost impossible job because:
- Snipers can attack from a huge distance. The Canadian record is 2.48 km (1.54 miles).
- Guns can be disguised as a flashlight, a walking cane, an umbrella, the pole on a campaign sign…
- Guns can be concealed under clothing.
- Suicide bombers.
- Contact poisons delivered with a handshake.
- I have often wondered why bombs, chemical weapons and bioweapons are not hidden deep in heating ducts weeks in advance to be triggered by cellphone call.
- All the methods used by professional spies.
Given how many rallies the candidates attended, it is a bloody miracle nobody attacked them.
However, given that Trump intends to destroy planet earth with his climate change denial or with a nuclear war, every country’s spy agency has to start thinking about how to assassinate him. Getting on with climate change now is absolutely crucial. It will be too late for a subsequent president to stop runaway climate change. The world cannot afford to wait for Trump’s term to end.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)