During the campaign, Trump said a number of rash, unsubstantiated accusations about China. Walking them back will make diplomacy awkward:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- China was manipulating currencies.
- China was dumping (selling below cost) in the USA.
- China was plotting to take America’s jobs.
- China was raping the USA.
- Trump planned to impose import tariffs on Chinese goods.
- Trump planned to bankrupt the USA and make out like a bandit the way he did with the bankruptcies of his many businesses. Almost no one took him seriously even though it was consistent with his grandiose promise dismantle the US Federal Government. This would be alarming to China since it means Trump would refuse to pay the $1.051 trillion the US owes them. Of course if Trump did that, the Chinese would refuse to lend them any more money or sell them any more goods which would probably hurt the USA far more. Further, no other country would lend the US money. The USA would be like Greece, begging for handouts.
- Trump mocked Chinese food and music as sensitively as Mickey Rooney as Mr. Yunioshi in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Trump makes almost no sense to an English speaker. I wonder what gibberish he will sound like translated into Chinese.