Leave Us Alone
Christians complain that atheists like to write books and make YouTube videos attempting to pry them loose of their religious superstitions. The Christians argue Surely people have a right to believe whatever nonsense they please. Atheists might respond: The atheist YouTube and book-writing resistance is considerably more polite than going door to door or flooding the airwaves with Christian propaganda so thick you cannot avoid it. It is not your beliefs that are the problem, it is what you do as a result of those beliefs. For example:
- Most of the climate change deniers are Christians. They hold their false ideas for religious reasons for which they have no evidence. They are rapidly making the planet uninhabitable.
- The USA has made harassing homosexuals and denying them service legal if you are a Christian. This undoes 45 years of civil rights progress.
- The Catholic Church is still assisting priests to molest children.
- Christians are vilifying and killing Muslims.
- Christians have taken over the White House and are dismantling all scientific research.
- Christians force creationism to be taught in place of science in schools.
- Christians abuse and permanently scar their children in the process of indoctrinating them with religious bullshit. see Jesus Camp
- Christians kill their children with quack medicine and useless prayers.
- Christians work to destroy the public school system and replace it with religious schools.
- Over half of American Christians believe the earth will end in their lifetime, so there is no need to take care of the environment. They are actively, gleefully trashing it.
- For religious, anti-scientific reasons, Christians believe contraception and abortion are not permissible even to save life and that this religious rule should apply to everyone in every country.
Believing things that are not true necessarily cause Christians to do crazy things.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)