Debating With Christians
I have noticed that Christians often misquote science, or make up evidence. What are they thinking?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Are they genuinely misinformed? Are they just naïvely quoting some charlatan?
- Do they know they are lying, but proceed anyway, imagining the Truth needs lies to support it?
- Do they gain some pleasure from being contrarian? Do they enjoy spreading disinformation? Are they vandals at heart, getting some sick pleasure from leading the world to its ruin over climate change?
- Were they brainwashed as infants to trust anyone who claims to be a friend of Jesus and distrust science?
- Which counts more, the actual truth, or what the bible says? The bible says the earth is flat. Photos from space say it is a sphere. Which do they believe?
- Do Christians distrust themselves to examine evidence? Do they believe deeply in their own incompetence to tell fact from fiction? Do they believe it is virtuous to always support the creationists no matter how idiotic what they claim?