When I debate Christians I often say to myself, They can’t be serious. They surely don’t really believe this nonsense. What are they up to?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- They are just having fun jerking my chain.
- They are con artists trolling for people of subnormal intelligence to cheat like the Hovinds and the Grahams.
- They make a lot of money saying this nonsense to stupid Christians who want to be flattered. They are basically entertainers who say outrageous things. They are like a religious Rush Limbaugh.
- They are mentally ill. They are seriously deluded. Perhaps they have a drug problem.
- Maybe their parents did something really nasty to them as kids which has effectively burnt out their brains.
- They don’t believe what they say and often do not even understand what they say; they just parrot it. However, they believe strongly this is what a good Catholic/JW etc. is required to profess.
- They don’t believe this crap, but they think it would be a good thing if other people did.
- It is a hypnotic induction.
- It is like interspecies communication. What they say makes utterly no sense. It is not just that I disagree, much of it sounds like gibberish. They speak in something that sounds something like English, but in terms of having meaning, it might as well be gibbon.