BC Canada is having the driest summer ever. California is suffering from a four year drought. Because of climate change, droughts may be the new normal. What sorts of things might we do to conserve water?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Toilets are the biggest user of domestic water. We need new designs that use higher pressure and lower volumes.
- The grey water from washing and bathing could be recycled for toilet flushing and watering indoor and outdoor plants.
- Tubs could have an insert to make them narrower.
- We could collect rainwater.
- Install smart meters so that water gets more expensive the lower the reserves.
- Replacing outdoor lawns and plants with drought tolerant ones.
- No more private swimming pools.