Christians have made it clear that absolutely nothing would shake their faith, nothing. For example:
- The fact the archaeology the bible says you should expect to find, (e.g. King David’s palace, evidence of the 40 year trek in the desert) does not exist.
- The fact that none of the spectacular events of the bible were also recorded in history, even when histories are exceptionally complete.
- The fact that god allowed your whole family to die of hideous diseases despite your repeated prayers.
- Even if science can explain how the universe and the tree of life came into being, and can demonstrate it happening again.
- That your pastor confessed he did not believed in god. He just lied to get you to give him money.
- That you studied ancient manuscripts and discovered the bible was nearly all plagiarised from earlier religions.
We atheists have to assume this rejection of evidence is just a bluff. Christians want atheists to give up challenging their fragile faith. They don’t have much faith. They just believe strongly that good people should have faith.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)