It is unbelievable how much we coddle automobile drivers:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- We give them free roads and free parking along the sides of most of those roads.
- We give them free bridges.
- We patch the pot holes free.
- We provide free helicopters to clean up after accidents.
- We don’t charge them for the greenhouse gases or pollutants they emit.
- Shopping malls provide free parking for them. The way stores do it is to bump up the cost of goods for drivers and non-drivers alike.
- We provide the judges free to deal with all the crimes and lawsuits surrounding driving.
- We don’t penalise drivers for using much larger and heavier vehicles than necessary, which tear up the roads.
- You are probably thinking, but drivers pay a gas tax! That is true, but the tax would have to be $3 a gallon higher to fully cover the cost. The cost now is mostly born from general revenue, i.e. from non-drivers. Europeans don’t do that. That is why gas is so much more expensive in Europe.