Christians often assert their superiority to non-Christians because only they have objective morality which I think is the same thing as biblical morality. Everyone else just has man-made relative morality which they claim is so inferior that all non-Christians rape, murder and steal at will with no restraint. They seem to think objective morality is an objective characteristic of the universe, burned into it like the speed of light. The other big advantage they claim for objective morality is a bogey man promises to torture people for eternity for ignoring any of its requirements. Claims by other religions for their own bogeymen are dismissed as void. It is so conceited and arrogant to dismiss the morality of every other religion and culture without knowing the first thing about them. Here are some problems with this attitude:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Atheist countries like Norway have much lower crime rates than Christian countries.
- In the USA, almost none of the inmates are atheist, far lower than you would expect from the percentage of atheists in the general population.
- The Christian USA has more trouble with gun violence than any other developed nation.
- Modern Christians ignore nearly all of the thousands of commandments in the bible. If they followed them, they would land instantly in jail. Bible morality is seriously obsolete.
- Christians have no compunction about killing people in wars. This is how their god, Yahweh, entertains himself. Further, they believe you cannot actually kill people, just send them to heaven prematurely.
- Christians sin freely knowing the effects of every sin can be undone with a small payment, some ecclesiastical magic and a hail Mary. Yet obviously this does absolutely nothing to benefit the victim.
- Christians behave worse that pretty well any religion or philosophy except Muslim.
- That bible morality is superior to all the others is a monstrous lie. It is like the way Americans chant We’re #1 in health care when they are in last place among the developed nations on par with Cuba.