Folly of Killing Sea Lions
Americans are slaughtering sea lions because imagine they are responsible for the decline is salmon stocks. Sea lions eat the slowest and sickest fish. This helps improve the stock and stop the spread of disease. Fisherman catch the biggest fish. This degrades the stock. 200 years ago the rivers wore so thick with fish you could walk across them. The sea lions were obviously no problem then. Why would they suddenly become a problem? In contrast look at all the insane things Americans have done to do to wipe out the salmon:
- Open ocean salmon farming that introduces disease and lice.
- Commercial fishing practices that wipe out entire schools.
- Meddling with the salmon genome by effectively cloning inferior fish.
- Building dams that block salmon streams.
- Dumping silt, pesticides and agricultural waste into salmon streams.
What slimy bastards the American are to blame the seal lions for they own mayhem, and that includes the aboriginal people in the USA suing to kill more seals!~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)