The Christian notion of the soul is pernicious. It was a primitive attempt to explain consciousness. Christians imagined it was like an invisible cloud that lived inside your body. It experienced reality much like a homunculus. They postulated Yahweh inserted the soul into your body at birth, later amended to at contraception. They postulated the soul escaped the body at death and floated off to be judged and punished. Most Christians do not even realise the soul is an element of faith. They think it is real, even though there is not a scrap of evidence for it. Christians impose this crazy notion on others, and to a significant extent, non-Christians put up with it. The belief in the soul leads Christians to the following:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- interfering with other people’s birth control.
- interfering with other people’s abortion.
- treating the life of others as expendable. Death is just early judgment.
- treating harming children as unimportant. Such harm is diluted by the eternity of the afterlife.
- risking the lives of young men, and going to great taxpayer expense, to rescue corpses for burial in more auspicious places.
- refusing to let people in intractable pain die. Christians believe their god owns the souls of everyone, including non-Christians which gives them the right to block any else’s euthanasia.