If I notice my surgeon praying before an operation, what does this mean?
- My surgeon believes in a undetectable backup surgeon who will correct his mistakes, and cover for his slips in sepsis. He believes he can be sloppy, and if I die, it is not his fault. A sky fairy wanted me killed. It was fate, part of God’s Plan.
- If I should babble during my surgery and betray the fact I am gay, there is a good chance the surgeon will walk out of the operation and refuse to talk to me ever after. This happened to me in the 1990s
- It is probable he harbours at least some Christian superstitions contrary to medical science. These may or may not interfere with optimum treatment.
In contrast, if I see my surgeon is reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins on his Kobo, what does this mean?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- The surgeon takes 100% responsibility for the outcome.
- If he is not feeling up to snuff, he will likely ask some other surgeon to take over. He won’t count on some sky fairy to cover for him.