Religion is a Mind Parasite
In the insect world, there are various parasites that take over the hosts’s brain and control it to do suicidal things that benefit the parasite, e.g. Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, zombie fungus. Religion behaves in a similar way:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Religion takes over a person’s mind, and controls their behaviour.
- Religion makes a person devote effort into spreading the parasite, helping it to infect others.
- Religion forces a person to give a substantial proportion of their wealth and time to benefit the parasite.
- It is extremely difficult to expel the parasite once it has taken hold.
- The parasite interferes with common sense activities for self-care or care of one’s family.
- Religion destroys the ability to reason, to be skeptical and to understand science.