Murders Of Native Women
I don’t think focusing on catching murderers after the fact is going to work. Solving crimes need witnesses. I think we need a multipronged approach:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- subsidised night taxi for women at risk. Might be done by police.
- School courses for girls on avoiding trouble.
- School courses for boys to explain rape in not a game (counter Dalhousie University attitudes).
- Cellphones for girls to summon emergency help with the press of a button. Just for emergencies for girls who cannot afford full cellphones.
- DNA (Deoxyribonucleic Acid) registry of likely victims and perps (people arrested for minor sex crimes
- Computer registry for sex workers to record who they went off with (licence number). Database tracks dangerous customers. See hooker database student project.
- Go back to the wild west idea of brothels, where women had safety in numbers and bodyguards.