Economic System Design Goals
If you were to design an economic system for a country, what would be your design goals?
- Ensuring everyone had basic food, shelter and medical care.
- Ensuring billionaires got special perks to reward and give them further incentive.
- Maximise production, get those non-renewable resources mined as fast as possible.
- Maximise population density.
- Ecological sustainability. Efficient husbanding of non-renewable resources.
- Freedom to work the hours you please at the work you please.
- Protecting the population in the event of major natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes.
- Developing a highly educated work force.
- Rig things so that corporations actually ran the country.
- Ensure feckless people are punished by their foolishness or by additional penalties.
- Compensating for the natural flow of money from the poor to the rich.
- Stimulating small business.
- Stimulating big business.
- To allow people to earn a living by speculating.
- Stimulating innovation and invention.
For whose benefit do you think the economic system you live under now was designed?~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)