Evidence for Life After Death
What is the evidence for life after death?
- Institutions take your money promising eternal life in return. Surely they would never dream of doing that if they could not deliver.
- Some people in the iron age wrote a book saying they believed it to be true. They obviously knew more about these matters than we do.
- People who have been clinically dead report having pleasurable (or sometimes terrible) visions, though not necessarily while they were dead.
- It is impossible to prove that nothing magical happens to your consciousness after death, so we are free to speculate and label those fancies revealed truth.
What is the evidence for death after life?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- People die. Their bodies invariably rot.
- All plants, animals and humans die. The components of their bodies are recycled. Recycling is the way of the universe, not eternal stagnation. Why would humans have a different after-death mechanism from all other biota?
- Almost no one claims to have memories of what it was like to non-exist (not have a body) before they were born.
- There is nothing in the natural world that behaves in the least like the religious promises.
- Wishful thinking for eternal youth or to be reunited with those who have died is a strong motivator to kid oneself that eternal life is a real possibility.
- There has been no substantiated communication with anyone who is dead. Surely they would want to communicate with those left behind and provide consistent information about what it like to be dead.
- Mediums have always proven to be frauds.
- We have discovered that near death visions are caused by excess concentrations of nitrous oxide N₂O in the blood, not by a preview trip to heaven or hell.