What Motivates Atheists?
It almost impossible for a Christian to understand the motivation of the atheist trying to shake the Christian’s faith. The Christian imagines it has something to with the atheist wanting to watch the Christian suffer from God’s wrath. But the atheist is convinced no gods exist so how could such a pleasure even be conceived? Most people are not sadists. Sadism cannot be the motive. But then why is the atheist trying to disillusion the Christian?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Because the atheist gets annoyed at Christians putting their absurd delusions out into the world as if they were true, infecting other minds.
- Because the atheist is sick and tired of seeing all the real suffering caused by Christian delusions.
- Because the atheist has pity for the Christian diligently manufacturing large quantities of needless suffering and anxiety for himself and his family.
- Because the atheist is embarrassed even knowing people whose behaviour is so dotty. It is a sad thing, like early Alzheimer’s. Part of the Christian has died. The brain is failing. Christians are no longer fully there. That infernal cult has literally eaten away at their brains, the part used for reasoning. Those infected with Christian delusions behave like Chatty Cathy dolls, regurgitating the same hackneyed phrases, over and over. In other words, Christianity is the major cause of non-congenital stupidity.
- They want to stop Christians from hurting homosexuals. They want to stop them from interfering with other people’s decisions around end of life, abortion, birth control and organ transplants.