God Told Me…
I just about throw up when Christians claim that God spoke to them personally. Sometimes they reveal the idiotic message. It is never a cure for cancer or anything useful.
For a start John 5:37 says God never talks to people. (I guess there are a few exceptions like Moses.) These people are talking to themselves, to an imaginary god in their head. How could they know that for certain?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Is it plausible the creator of the universe singles them out to have a daily chat? That is like claiming Queen Elizabeth, Bill Gates and Elon Musk each make time in their busy schedules. It is as ridiculous as Yahweh having a daily chat with an ant. Humans are nowhere near his conversational level. They flatter themselves that Yahweh would take a personal interest in their daily trivia.
- Does god ever say anything only a deity would know?
- Does god give unusually good advice that makes things work out supernaturally well?
- Does god ever say anything that makes a difference in the world?
- Does god share exactly the same opinions and prejudices that you do?
- Does god ever do anything to establish he is indeed Yahweh?
- Does god have an encyclopedic knowledge of scripture and speak in accordance with it?