Reasons to Reject the Church
On 2017-04-14 the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) aired a documentary called Spiritual Millennials. The host opened by saying anyone who did not go to church was spiritually bankrupt. I could see some bigoted old walrus of a guest saying that, but not the host. People reject the church for many reasons:
- they don’t like it promoting the rape of children
- they don’t like it collecting money for charitable purposes then spending on something else.
- they don’t like it insisting on sacrificing the mother if the fetus dies.
- they don’t like it interfering with HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus) control.
- they don’t like it encouraging discrimination or even murder of gays.
- the church promotes climate change denial.
- people realise there is no evidence for the church fairy tales.
- people realise the idea of an old man in the sky is preposterous. Even if there were an omnipresent creator, he would not have a body, much less one like that.
There is nothing wrong with people who reject the church. In contrast, I question the morality of anyone who overlooks the church’s crimes in particular child rape.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)