Perfect God Creates Sloppy Creations
Creationists claim all creatures were designed by a perfect supernatural being. Yet if you have a look at the designs, they are incompetent, unless you see them as constrained by stepwise evolutionary refinement of earlier designs. Examples include:
- Human childbirth is painful and dangerous for both mother and child forcing an oversize head through and undersize pelvis.
- The human back design was borrowed from a quadruped and hacked for a bipedal use resulting in all manner of back problems.
- The nerve from the brain to the larynx goes via the heart, a pointless 9¾ metres (10.67 yards) detour in the giraffe. Originally, in the fish, it was a direct route.
- Koalas have backward facing pouches tending the dump the young. Kangaroos have proper ones.
- Bats have heavy solid bones and emus have light hollow bones, yet bats fly and emus do not.
- People’s teeth wear out before the rest of their bodies do.
- The nerves attach to the front of the eyeball instead of the back as in some other creatures, giving us a blind spot and cloudier vision.
- Food and air go down the same pipe, creating a constant risk of choking.
- Evolution explains vestigial organs, but why would an intelligent designer put tiny, useless leg bones inside whales, dolphins and snakes? Why put wings on flightless birds? Why put gills on a human fetus? Why dew claws on dogs? Why eyes on blind cave fish?
- The female urethra is too short, leaving females prone to urinary tract infections.
Even a human designer would not have made such gross blunders and if by some chance they did, they would have corrected the errors. What we see is exactly what you would expect from mindless natural selection operating over millions of years never able to make a completely fresh start.
What we are seeing would be similar to a human jet airline designer putting the wing on upside down because that is the way they were done in biplanes. That might be design, but certainly not intelligent design.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)