Dealing With Terrorism
We are having a terrible time with terrorism. Part of the problem is we are focussing on the symptoms rather than the causes. Unfortunately, the causes are illegal actions we took over a decade ago.
- We illegally invaded Afghanistan. International law says you may not invade another country unless they attack you first. This is the law that hanged all the Nazis at the end of WWII (World War II).
- We illegally invaded Iraq, again with a first strike. We lied brazenly the reason for violating international law was to stop Saddam from nuking his neighbours. We pretended the invasion was about regime change. However Saddam offered to surrender and we turned him down. He was deposed immediately and captured and executed shortly thereafter. But the war carried on without a hiccup. So the war could not have been about Saddam. Nelson Mandela, and pretty well anyone not involved in the war, said the war was about stealing Iraq’s oil. Obama declared the war over the same day there was a giant auction to sell off Iraq’s oil reserves to American and European oil companies.
- By dropping bombs from a great height on residential neighbourhoods, we guaranteed we would kill more women and children than combatants.
- He terrorised populations with banned weapons such as DU (Depleted Uranium), white phosphorus, poison gas, napalm, cluster bombs (disguised as yellow food packets to attract and kill children) and bio-warfare (including destroying water, sewage and electric plants).
- We tortured detainees.
- Deliberately killing civilians like that is terrorism.
If someone had done even a small sampling of these things to you or your children, would you not vow undying revenge? Terrorism today is a direct consequence of our evil deeds over a decade ago. It is too late to undo our cruelty and greed. We are far from innocent. We will just have to muddle through.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)