Anti-gay bigots such as Fred Phelps (no relation to Michael Fred Phelps the swimmer), Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum are some of the most illogical beings on the planet. Let’s have a look at just how nuts they are:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- They claim their religion motivates their bigotry and their desire to enshrine their bigotry in federal law. Yet they simultaneous claim to swear allegiance to the U.S. constitution that forbids using the government to impose one’s religion on others.
- They claim they are persecuting gays because Jesus wants them to. Yet in John 8:7 in the casting the first stone story, Jesus explicitly tells his followers they have no business punishing others for perceived moral transgressions
- They claim the bible demands that good Christians murder gays. Yet if they actually read Leviticus and Deuteronomy beginning to end, they would discover the pair were crazy old coots who wanted everyone executed, not just gays. Read it for yourself. Those old goats wanted you too executed.
- They rail against promiscuity in gays, then deny them the #1 antidote, legally recognised marriage. By forcing gays into the closet and denying recognition for monogamous relationships, you’d think the bigots were trying to encourage promiscuity.
- Back in the ’60s, I too was an anti-gay bigot, but that is because I was gay, hated myself and was deeply in the closet. It was part of my camouflage. As Shakespear in Hamlet observed The lady doth protest too much, methinks. That sort of behaviour is a dead giveaway the bigot is fighting internal demons.
- They claim Michele Bachmann’s husband can cure gays just by praying over them for a fee paid for by the government, yet they cannot point to even a single person who changed his sexual orientation as a result of any such intervention by anyone.