You hear so much strange stuff about diet. Here are a few principles to help sort it out:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Are they really just trying to sell me something?
- Are they being unduly influenced by parties trying to sell me something?
- Does this information jibe with what I know about health and diets in other cultures?
- Can a problem with diet be explained by regulatory mechanisms that worked in our hunter gatherer days being fooled by new foods, particularly ones engineered to be addictive?
- Does this information jibe with my personal experience or the experience of my friends?
- Are these just wild promises, or are they backed with reasons and science to give a plausible case why it might work?
- Even if this information turned out to be wrong, how dangerous would it be for me to experiment with it anyway?