If A Business Behaved Like a Church
What if a department store chain thumbed its nose at the law and:
- Refused to hire women, gays or non-Christians.
- Ran a pedophile ring.
- Ran a hate campaign to encourage their customers to deny civil rights, persecute, harass and kill gays.
- Urged violent vigilante action against pro choice supporters.
- Interfered with people using birth control.
- Interfered with terminally ill people forcing them to suffer by forcing them to live when they beg to be put out of their misery.
- Conned the poorest of the poor into handing over their money.
Few people would put up with this. However, almost everyone thinks the Catholic Church should be granted an exception. We would not tolerate a church violating other laws. For example, we would not let them sacrifice infants on altars. We would not let them violate the building codes or the fire safety laws. We should not let them get away with breaking any laws.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)