Firing James Comey
On 2017-05-09 Trump fired FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) Director James Comey, then over a period of days offered eight different rationalisations for doing so. When each excuse failed to fly, he made up another, making it even more obvious everything he said was a pack of lies. It is obvious he did it because Comey was heading an investigation into Trump and Putin colluding to fix the 2016 election. Comey was getting too close to finding impeachable crimes.
Here are a few of Trump’s excuses.
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Comey treated Hillary Clinton unfairly in the email scandal investigation. It is an odd rationalisation from a guy who called her crooked Hillary and screamed lock her up. Trump’s behaviour was far more lawless than Comey’s.
- Comey refused to press criminal charges against Hillary Clinton.
- Comey refused to swear loyalty to Trump, like some sort of Mafia don.
- Comey refused to prosecute Trump’s evidence-free claim that Obama wire tapped him.
- Comey was a show boat.
- Comey did not clear the content of a speech he was about to give with the Attorney General, Jeff Sessions.
- Trump announced that deputy attorney General Rod Rosenstein wrote him a letter, complaining about Comey and asking Trump to fire him. Rosenstein said Trump lied. He said Trump visited him and demanded a letter to use in justifying firing Comey.
- Trump presented a letter from attorney general Jeff Sessions justifying firing Comey. Sessions had recused himself on the Hillary emails scandal and the Russian election scandal, so he had no business interfering.