Measuring Wellbeing With The GDP (Gross Domestic Product)
The Harper government used but a single measure of how well Canada is doing — GDP. Thinking only about economic growth makes no sense.
- Divorce increases the GDP.
- Serious illness increases the GDP.
- Funerals increase the GDP.
- Destroying the environment balloons the GDP.
- Resource extraction in a non-renewable way increases the GDP.
- Releasing greenhouse gases increases the GDP.
- Theft increases the GDP.
Other countries use indexes that include human happiness and sustainability.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)