Trump Accuses Obama
For years, Trump accused Obama of not being born in the USA and hence ineligible to run for president. Trump accused Obama of being a Muslim (a synonym for terrorist to the right). He accused Obama of being the literal founder of ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria). He never presented any evidence for his charges, just hinted that he had his sources. Suddenly, he announced he was withdrawing the birther accusation. He never apologised. He never explained why he was mistaken.
Now he is at it again, accusing Obama of tapping his phone. Again he presented no evidence. If the accusation were true, all he would have to do is present the wiretapping authorisation which he has legal access to.
Why is Trump doing this? He is creating a diversion away from his own scandal about colluding with the Russians to rig the election in his favour.
If Trump were not president, nobody would believe a thing he said. Look at his record. He lies so much he would be classified as mentally ill. It freaks people out to discover they elected a lunatic. So they go into denial and desperately seek excuses for his compulsive lies.
Why does Trump lie so compulsively, even when the lie can be easily debunked, even when there is no apparent benefit to the lie?
- As a smokescreen. The silly, outrageous lies distract reporters from the big scandals.
- It is a power game he plays with himself. He derives immense pleasure from fooling some of the people, all of the time when people believe him, no matter what nonsense he spouts, just because he is the president.
- The people come to expect him to lie. They are not shocked or outraged no matter what he lies about.
- He has an extreme need for approval. He cannot help himself from saying what he thinks the room wants to hear even if he said the opposite yesterday, even if it is a lie, even if it is a promise he has no intention of keeping.
- He is a polished actor. He has a SAG (Screen Actors Guild) card. Like Reagan, his craft is sounding sincere.
- Confirmation bias. Trump reads conspiracy websites such as Alex Jones’ Infowars and Breitbart News. He trusts these sites because they tell him what he wants to hear. He acts on what he reads without any double checking.
- He is mentally ill. It is an addiction/compulsion.
Once this blows over, I would hope Obama will sue Trump for $800 million for defamation for all four whoppers. Trump will have not a leg to stand on. All he could do is argue about the amount of the damages.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)