Nikki Haley is the Republican governor of South Carolina. Trump tapped her as ambassador to the UN (United Nations). Haley earlier said some extremely uncomplimentary things about Trump. Why did she take the job? Reasons not to take it include:
- She already has a good job. Her constituents expect her to take it to term.
- She would be working for the world’s worst boss.
- She has no experience.
- She would be on the outside, isolated at the UN.
- Her new job is one step above prostitution. She is basically a Kellyanne Conway surrogate to make excuses to the world for the crazy things the Donald says and does.
Reasons why she took it might include:
- Trump is thin skinned, dictatorial and vindictive. If she did not take the job, he would take it as an unforgivable slight, and set out to ruin her, as he explained is his pattern.
- Hobnobbing on the international stage would be more glamourous than hanging out in a South Carolina backwater.
- She figures she could be a voice for sanity in a cabinet of lunatics.
I am pretty sure she will regret saying yes.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)