We have two massive problems bearing down on humanity, that for the most part mankind is ignoring. I refer to:
- climate change
- The end of the fossil fuel age, either from running out of fuel or being forced to stop burning it to avoid worse climate change.
Without solutions to these problem, the earth will be able to support at most a billion people. Perhaps 7 billion will have to go. Who gets to starve to death, or die in wars over resources? Hint: it won’t be the richest citizens. In fantasy I get to decide. Here is how I would choose who lives and who dies:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- What did you do to reduce your CO₂ footprint?
- What did you do to reduce your energy footprint?
- What did you do to reduce the misery of someone living in a third world country?
- What did you do to help a non-human species survive?
- Confess any conspicuous consumption.
- Did you support any wars against countries that did not attack yours first? Hint neither Afghanistan nor Iraq attacked anyone.
- Did you limit your breeding to 2 or fewer offspring?