Nikee Steinhoff is a Christian mother of four who thinks that gives her the right to dictate to others how to run their lives. I detest her. I hope a church falls on her.
The sex education in her daughters’ school is optional. That was not good enough for Nikee. She insisted it not be available to any students whether their parents wanted it or not. To my amazement she managed to convince many of the other parents, mostly the Muslims, to join her protest by shutting down the school entirely.
What are her objections?
- She wants only abstinence taught. Science has shown that doing that is worse than no education at all for preventing pregnancies and STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). She does not care. Christians have faith in its efficacy despite the evidence.
- She wants students kept in the dark about masturbation. That way when they find out about it for themselves, they will be terrified — a fitting Christian punishment.
- She wants students kept in the dark about the existence of same sex parents and transgendered children. This way when children encounter them, it ensures maximum bigotry.
- She wants students kept in the dark about condoms.
- I presume she wants to keep menstruation under wraps too because the bible thinks it is icky, and it might encourage young girls to do it.
- Her naïve theory is if you tell children nothing, they will learn nothing from other children, the Internet, porn sites… and will never have questions or think about sex. Children will do exactly as you would prefer them to without being asked.
Her goal is to see that not only her own daughters, but their playmates grow up to be meddling bigots.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70) source source source source