There are many things to be depressed about. Some of mine include:
- No action on global warming.
- Extinction of species.
- Uncontrolled population growth.
- Erosion of civil liberties.
- The barbaric behaviour of Muslim groups like Boko Haram and ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) and also the imperialist genocide from the USA.
- Mass pollution of lakes, rivers and oceans.
- Autocratic powers of corporations.
- Spread of religious superstition and violence.
When I see things getting worse, I remind myself that some time in the next century we will develop computers smarter than ourselves. I have no idea what their values will be, but the fate of earth will no longer be in human hands. Everything will change.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)