Reluctance To Protect The Environment
Why are people so reluctant to take even token actions to protect the environment?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Some imagine god will look after it. Yet if they read the bible, god spends most of his time smiting, not cleaning up after lazy humans.
- Most of the news about the environment is very depressing. Some people have to block it to avoid overwhelm.
- Some people think we are doomed no matter what we do, so they figure they should just party in the short time we have left, even if that party hastens the collapse of the environment.
- Some such as Glenn Beck take a childish glee in trashing it. They are similar to people who enjoy defacing cemeteries, just to get a rise out of people.
- Some think it is unmanly to preserve the environment. They believe real men should hunt endangered species with machine guns.
- Most people are lazy bums and don’t want to be in the least inconvenienced by changing their environment-hostile lifestyle. So they plug their ears.