Blame Your Neighbours
We all have a tendency to blame the politicians for the idiotic things governments do, but the problem is really the voters. The Nazi party does not cause us any trouble mainly because nobody votes for them. The Conservative party in Canada could work their evil only because a plurality of voters gave them the nod to govern. It was like a punch in the stomach when I realised what selfish, bigoted bastards most of my fellow voters are. Consider:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- The majority of voters supported the Afghan war. The Conservative party dragged it on because the war industry bribed them, but the voters supported it and the use of banned techniques of war contrary to the Geneva conventions, including torture, and for quite different reasons: religious bigotry, hatred of Muslims, hope for cheaper oil and lithium batteries. They felt no guilt about ripping off a third world country’s only resources. They are sadistic, sick puppies, just as repulsive as the citizens of Nazi Germany who cheered on a similar illegal war.
- The majority of voters wished the homeless would simply die of exposure. The government gave them what they wanted. They even confiscated, aka stole, the meager possessions of the homeless.
- The majority of voters are homophobic. The government kept uppity gays, who demanded equality, in their place and looked the other way when citizens entertained themselves by beating up gays.
- The majority of voters were bullies who liked intimidating others with firearms, and fantasised about killing and getting away with it. The Conservatives pandered to them by making it easier to bully and kill and not get caught.
- The majority of voters were racial bigots. They hated anyone with a different skin colour. The Conservative government worked as their proxy to harass immigrants, glossing it over to make it all look legal and proper.
- The majority of voters have no love or concern for their kids or their grand-kids. They are utterly selfish. They want the environment trashed to give them cheap dirty energy even if it means leaving their offspring and all future generations an unlivable planet burning up from greenhouse gas emissions. The Conservatives were more than happy to do this, with the added incentive, of course, of kick-backs from the energy corporations.