Income Tax Act
Here is my suggested revisions to the income tax act:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Advocacy groups would get the same deductions and perks that political parties do. It should not matter how currently popular the party/group is to rate the deduction.
- Charities get a deduction if they do work the government would do itself if it had the budget, e.g. food banks, housing for the homeless, restoring salmon streams, libraries… but not if they are essentially social clubs or hobby groups.
- Churches would get deductions for their charitable activities, but not for things like investing in real estate, providing club-like activities or prosletysing.
- Clubs would get no deductions, other than for their charitable activities.
- The tax burden on corporations should shift to be based more on how many government services they consume and how much damage they do to the environment. If they cannot afford the taxes, it is a good thing they go out of business to be replaced by corporations that can. We should not be subsidising corporations to harm us.