Does Trump Enjoy Being President?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Trump craves deference and adulation. He is getting ridicule.
- Like Reagan, he is an actor hired to play the president but frequently imagines he is in charge.
- In his business, he can fire anyone who does not kiss his ass. But as president, he cannot fire Bill Maher,
Steven Colbert, SNL (Saturday Night Live), John Oliver, Seth Meyers, Sandra Bee…
- In his business, he is god. But as president, the courts can trump him. The system of checks and balances
blocks him at every turn.
- He cannot mess around outside his marriage without getting caught and pilloried.
- Lots of people know things about him that would destroy him. Before, this sort of thing was just titillating
- Before, he could lie all he wanted. He simply shouted down anyone who contradicted him. Now researchers are
fact-checking, looking up old documents, digging for video to prove he lied.
- His support is melting away by the day. None of his supporters particularly like him. They just want him to
do them a favour.
- He cannot trust anyone. So many people are leaking information, he has no way of locating the leaks.
- Trump has no ability to focus. Every triviality grabs his attention. As president, there are a thousand
emergencies every hour to attend to. He is like the sorcerer’s apprentice. He cannot keep up with what is
expected of him.
- Trump is over his head. The detail overwhelms him. He hands his work over to Bannon, Kushner
and Ryan. He spends his days Tweeting, watching TV news, conducting tours of the White House and playing