Children become Santa Claus atheists all on their own. They notice holes in the lies their parents tell them.
- The recognise the handwriting on the presents.
- They catch parents filling stockings.
- They realise Santa could not possibly visit all homes in one night.
- They wonder why every store has a different Santa.
- They note how tiny the flue is. Santa would get stuck.
- They note how Santa seems to like rich, nasty kids and despise poor, well-behaved ones, contrary to the official naughty and nice story.
Oddly, Christians believe stories even sillier than the Santa Claus myth, with even less evidence. With Santa, at least there is the evidence of presents and the disappeared cookies. With Jesus, there is nothing. Unlike children, Christians flatly refuse to notice inconsistencies in the con.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)