When you are discussing religion with a believer and you catch him repeatedly lying to you, what you think is happening?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They are just mindlessly repeating lies they have been told.
- They desperately want to convert you because they think you will behave better.
- They want to convert you so they will win a toaster for bringing you into the congregation.
- They make money telling these lies, e.g. running a creationist museum.
- They don’t believe a word of what they are saying. They have some ulterior motive for saying it.
- They have grave doubts about what they are saying. By defending, even with lies, they are hoping to shore up their faith.
- They believe overall what they are saying is true, but they don’t know how to defend it. So they resort to lies.