Lack Of Foundation to Christianity
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- None of the 21 historians of the time and place of Jesus reported a single incident
about him. Yet, they reported on other similar figures. They did not even report astounding miracles like the
saints raising from the grave or the impossible eclipse.
- There is no corroborating secular evidence for anything in the New Testament. The only evidence for the
existence of Jesus is the bible itself.
- The gospel of Mark was written 40 years after Jesus allegedly died. Matthew was
written 60 years later. Luke was written 70 years later. John
was written 80 years later. The authors were all anonymous. None ever met Jesus. They
were not apostles. The gospels were named after apostles somewhat later. The earliest fragment comes from
125 AD, a bit of Greek from the Gospel of John.
- Christians claim Jehovah wrote their bible, but there is no evidence at all for that. The bible is full of
scientific error. Surely the creator of the universe would get the details of creation right. Further, the bible
contains reference to nothing a creator would have had to know to create this universe such as the elements
supernovae, galaxies or quantum mechanics.
- The quality of the most of the writing in the bible is mediocre. It is nowhere near as good as
Shakespear’s. Surely a god would do better.
- The four gospels contain almost nothing in common but overall plots. They differ in every detail. This is not
reliable testimony. If god truly were the author, surely he would have been consistent.
- Since the bible itself has no foundation, quoting the bible is not a valid way to establish truth or argue
the validity of Christianity.