Ticking Off China
Why is China important?
- Us’ biggest trading partner.
- they hold a huge amount of the US national debt.
- they produce most of the consumer goods for the USA.
- they have nukes and missiles.
- they are next in line to the be the world superpower.
What has the US done recently to tick the Chinese off?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Trump treated their province as a separate nation (Taiwan). They are very sensitive about this. Originally we supported Taiwan.
- Trump spat on the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) trade treaty with China that had been years in the making.
- Siding with the Philippines in a sea territorial dispute with China. China made fake islands to back its claim.
- Trump vilified them during the election with racist stereotypes.