Understanding Donald Trump
- Donald Trump used to be a major contributor to the Democratic party.
- Trump has succeeded in creating civil war in the Republican party with camps: the Tea party, Christian fundamentalists, big business, the Republican establishment and the traditional funders such as Adelson and the Koch brothers all at each others’ throats.
- Trump has grossed out nearly everyone with the unprecedented vulgarity and cruelty of his personal insults. He shocked the country by bragging about the size of his penis. The entire Republican party feels embarrassed and ashamed at the behaviour of their slate of presidential candidates. Trump goaded them to drop to his level.
- Internationally, Trump is being compared with Hitler. There is discussion of the need to assassinate him.
- Normally Republicans have a nasty fight, then all get behind the front runner. This time Republicans are vowing not to vote if Trump is the candidate.
- Trump has disrupted any serious debate about policy with his antics.
- Trump is trying to alienate as many voting blocs as possible.
- The Republicans are now 10 points behind the Democrats. It is almost certain the next president will be a Democrat.
The question is why is Trump doing this? Perhaps he is just a natural asshole. Perhaps he is going through a manic phase of a bipolar disorder. Or it could be he is a Democratic mole. He has burrowed into the Republican party with the intent of destroying it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:69)