In Dickens’ England:
- There were no income taxes.
- There were no unions.
- There were no laws to protect employees.
- There were no environmental protection laws.
- There was no meat or food inspection. It was perfectly ok to adulterate food and beer.
- Children worked in mines.
- There was no social safety net.
- There was no public sanitation.
- There were no product safety laws.
- The drinking water was contaminated.
- Only children of the wealthy went to school.
- Religious fanatics forced their views on others.
- If you wanted police protection or someone to put out a fire, you had to hire them privately.
That was Republican heaven. That is where the Republicans are trying to take the USA.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)