I can understand why a few billionaires might support the Ryan/Romney ticket, but it is astounding that anyone else does. Why do I think that?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)
- Ryan/Romney’s plan for jobs and prosperity is to use the tried and true Republican laissez-fair (hands-off, do-nothing) and tax-cuts for the rich approach that Bush used to create the recession in the first place. That is utterly insane!
- Ryan/Romney blame Obama for the lack of economic progress. Yet they and the Republicans doggedly blocked Obama at every turn when he floated bills to create jobs. The Republicans sacrificed the economic health of the whole country just so they would later have ammunition to make Obama look bad. They are traitors and hypocrites.
- Ryan/Romney’s retirement plan is invest $1 million and live off the interest. If you don’t have $1 million, tough. No more social security.
- Ryan/Romney’s business plan is to let the banks and corporations do whatever they please to their customers, the environment and their country. The only people that matter are the ones who own the corporations. Ryan/Romney want to remove corporate regulation so corporations would be allowed to fire, outsource, lie, mislabel, renege on guarantees, cheat and harm health in the pursuit of profit.
- While everyone is being asked to tighten their belts, Ryan/Romney want to increase military spending even though the Afghanistan and Iraq wars are winding down and no other country is seriously threatening the USA. Ryan/Romney have to reward their backers.
- Ryan/Romney’s new health care system works like this: if you get sick go to the Mayo clinic. If you can’t afford it, tough. Americans could easily have a system like Canada’s that costs 1/3 as much, has better outcomes and where you cannot be refused no matter what your current state of health and where you are never stuck with the bill because some bureaucrat denied your claim. Almost every industrialised nation has such a plan. They are not rocket science and they save vast amounts of money. If they chose, Americans could spend little more (still half what they do now) and have a Cadillac system with no wait times.
- If you or your spouse is raped, Ryan/Romney want to take away the option of terminating any pregnancy. You must raise that child and force yourself to forget who the father is. You have to bear the shame if he too grows up to become a rapist.
- Ryan/Romney are extreme anti-gay bigots. They don’t believe in equality. They believe in the right to impose their fundamentalist religious beliefs on others. Ironically, people that are rabidly anti-gay are usually fighting down gay feelings themselves. I was one myself. They are not so blatant about their racism as their homophobia, but they look down on immigrants, Hispanics, blacks and anyone without a white skin. Romney’s religion has a history of racism.