Getting Out The Vote
If you push people to vote who have no understanding of the issues, they just dilute the vote of people who think carefully. They are easily manipulated. You don’t want to encourage people to vote if all they do is:
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- Vote based on how many ads they heard.
- Vote on who has the nicest hair and smile.
- Vote for whom makes the grandest claims about how good it is going to be. You want people who have checked on the record of promise keeping.
- Voting for Dad’s party without any understanding of its platform.
- Vote based on age, trusting that young candidates will be liberal and old ones conservative.