~ Paul Buchheit
- Only 3% of the very rich are entrepreneurs.
- Only 4 out of 150 countries have more wealth inequality
than the USA.
- An amount equal to ½ the GDP (Gross Domestic Product)
is held untaxed overseas by rich Americans.
- Corporations stopped paying ½ of their taxes after the recession.
- Just 10 Americans made a total of 50 billion dollars
in one year.
- Tax deductions for the rich could pay off 100% of the deficit.
- The average single black or Hispanic woman has about $100 in net worth.
- Elderly and disabled food stamp recipients get $4.30 a day for food.
- Young adults have lost 2/3 of their net worth since 1984.
- The American public paid about 4 trillion dollars to bail out the banks.