The essence of Spanish culture is sadism. It goes back centuries. For example:
- A particularly cruel, cowardly and unfair form of bull fighting that should be called bull tormenting or bull torture. The French have a version that does not kill the bull and puts the toreadors at greater risk.
- Religion in Spain involves flagellation and bleeding.
- The Spanish Inquisition mastered the art of torture as no other.
- The Spanish conquistadors were utterly merciless in their conquest of the Americas.
- The Spanish were unbelievably cruel to their Moorish citizens.
- And now in 2013 the Spanish have revived pig sticking — the ancient Roman entertainment of killing wild boars by sticking them with spears.
If Span cannot outgrow this sort of primitive behaviour, Spain does not belong in the EU.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)