Why Are You Pretending?
What keeps you pretending to yourself and others that you believe in your Christian cult even though long ago you came to the conclusion it was a crock?
~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)
- You would have to give up your friends you know through the church.
- You would have to give up your long-standing position in the church. You would lose respectability.
- If you stopped the pretence, relatives would think you had done something very wicked.
- You would give up your church-based business contacts.
- Being true to the truth is not important to you. You believe in expediency.