Attacking A Cat
Consider what is happening when you corner a domestic cat. It hisses and spits at you. What is it thinking?
- Does it plan to steal your freedoms?
- Does it plan to make you take up a new religion?
- Does it plan to kill you?
Obviously, it is terrified of you, especially if you are carrying a club and threaten to pound the cat to pulp. It is merely trying to scare you off from attacking it. I contend the Iranians are very much like that cat:
- Bush announced in his axis-of-evil speech that he was going to annihilate Iran.
- Obama and Trump did not rescind that national goal.
- The United states is many times larger, richer and has far more advanced weapons. It a fight, Iran would clearly come out no better than the cat.
- The USA has already pulverised two Muslim countries, routinely tortured, raped children and worse. The USA has a reputation of attacking others unprovoked. Its threats are credible.
If you were in Iran’s position, what would you do to protect yourself? Only nukes seem to deter the USA. It leaves North Korea and China alone. Neither Iraq nor Afghanistan had nukes.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)