Freedom of Religion
I suggest that freedom of religion should not be absolute. Believers do too much harm to others. Their ability to hurt others needs to be curtailed. I suggest the following not be tolerated in religions anywhere on earth.
- Killing or discriminating against non-believers.
- Killing or discriminating against apostates.
- FGM (Female Genital Mutilation)
- Killing or discriminating against homosexuals.
- Killing or vigilante retaliation for mocking or criticising the religion or its figures.
- Promotion of the end of the earth, e.g. by global nuclear war or ecological degradation.
- Beating or sexually abusing children.
Such religions would not be protected by freedom of religion and separation of church and state. The government should actively suppress them. Hopefully, religions would drop these obnoxious features.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:70)