Quotations are selected from this pool (and other quotation pools) in a pseudorandom way every hour and inserted at the top and bottom of some of the major pages on this website. Feel free to copy any of these quotes and paste them for whatever purpose you please, including on your own website, blog, social media page or forum debate posts.
Why should you abandon Christianity:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The whole thing is a con.
- All its promises and threats are all lies part of a con.
- Christianity makes people behave much worse than normal people, in particular killing and otherwise making life as miserable as possible for gay people. It also makes Christians meddle in other people’s private affairs such as end-of-life decisions, organ transplants, family planning and sex lives.
- The science that Christianity teaches is 100% wrong, and hence useless and dangerous.
- The god of the bible is one of the most evil gods ever postulated. It is thus cowardly and evil to worship him even if he did not exist. It is like worshipping blood sacrifice in the abstract.
- The bible commands overwhelmingly more acts of extreme evil than virtue. It is not a moral guide. If you doubt, read it cover to cover. It contains even less morality than the biography of Genghis Khan or Vlad the Impaler.
Accusing Gays For Straight Crimes
Straight people berate gays for being consumed with animal lusts.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Straights are the ones concerned with breeding and reproduction. They never turn it off, not even during work hours.
- Straights are the ones who paw each other and screw each other in full public view. Gays do the nasty behind locked doors, very late at night or in places straights don’t go. They work hard to avoid being seen by straights.
- Straights are the ones who have turned most advertisements into soft core porn.
- Straights are the ones who insert sex scenes into almost every movie.
- Straights are the ones whose lusts result in unwanted pregnancies.
- Straights are the ones into rape. Even jail rapes are most often done by straights fantasising their victims are female.
- Gays are the ones who treat each other as equals. It is quite rare to find a truly equal heterosexual relationship.
The Actual Meaning of God Exists
When Christians say God exists, they are not interested in whether there is literally some old man on a cloud counting dead sparrows and making the atoms whirl. They mean My church’s teachings are the right teachings. The songs in my church are the correct songs. It is virtuous to torment homosexuals even children we suspect may grow up to become homosexuals. It is good to teach children that evolution is wrong despite the apparent evidence. It is right to force our religion on others using public funds. Black people truly are inferior. There function is to serve decent white folks. Muslims, Jews and Atheists are not really people. God despises them for their rebellion. What happens to them does not matter. It is right that people in foreign lands should toil for pittance to grow our vegetables and manufacture our clothes and furniture because we are God’s chosen people. They should be grateful for the privilege of serving their betters whom God himself has anointed. If it turned out that the god Jehovah was a fiction, but their was a god, who called himself Krishna, they would be just as devastated as if they had discovered there was no god at all.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome) as God’s Punishment
If AIDS is god’s punishment for being gay, why don’t monogamous gays and gay virgins ever get HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus) ?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
AIDS as God’s Punishment
If AIDS is God’s punishment for homosexuality, why does God smite straights more frequently than lesbians?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Amazing Coincidence
Most Christians ignore about 99% of the bible. They cherry pick a few verses to pay attention to, such as killing homosexuals. They are convinced that god does not mind them doing this. He wants them to pay attention to only the verses they like. Isn’t it odd how god has the exact same opinions on everything that they do. How could that be unless each person made up their own god and made up his opinions?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
An Attempt At Maximising Prayer Effectiveness
There are 60,000 gods not named Jehovah. I hereby call on all of them to curse the people of North Carolina with the traditional mighty winds, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, fires, droughts, pestilence along with some truly weird calamities designed to massively freak them out, after the manner of Moses arm-twisting Pharaoh, to force them to stop persecuting gay people and treating them as second class citizens. If figure the odds of my prayer being answered are close to 0, but they are still 60,000 times better than a prayer to that petty god wannabe Jehovah.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
An African bishop advocating killing gays on the grounds that screwing vaginas is more pleasurable than screwing male anuses. He obviously has not tried both. Male anuses are much tighter. Does this mean, in his revised view, we should kill all heterosexuals?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
A decade after Canada recognised same-sex marriages 1/3 of Anglicans voted to reject it. This is not simply a matter of opinion. These Anglicans are wrong. Further, they are addled. Listen to their reasons for their stance:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The bible commands us to block marriage.
No it doesn’t. It has nothing to say about marriage. It commands Christians to murder gays. However, it also commands Christians to murder all sorts of other people including Sunday shoppers, non-virgin brides, unwed mothers, prostitutes, non-Christians (and everyone in their town), people who eat rabbit or lobster, people who own statues, Ameleks or any of dozens of other ethnicities…
Most Christians totally ignore all these murderous commands of the bible, including murdering gays. (I am endlessly baffled that Christians can be aware the Bible commands such evil, but still claim it is the good book.) So this notion that you should be rude and treat gays as second class citizens is something Christians made up all on their own, motivated by spite.
If we allow gay marriage, no one will have any babies and the human race will die out.
We have a problem with overpopulation, not underpopulation. No matter what gay people do, straight people are going to have just as many babies as they ever did. If you block same-sex marriage, gays will just live together. It is ridiculous to imagine they will turn straight, marry opposite sex partners and have babies. Blocking or allowing gay marriage has no effect on the number of children born. All allowing gay marriage does is increase the number of families willing to adopt.
We have always been as nasty to gays as we could get away with. It ain’t natural to treat gays fairly.
It is only recently we have stopped beating wives and children, even though we have been doing it for centuries, egged on by biblical commandment. We gave up slavery just an eyeblink ago in historical time despite murderous Christian resistance.
We don’t have to continue behaving badly or stupidly indefinitely. Common sense eventually trumps the cruelty of the bible.
Homosexuals are possessed by demons.
If that were indeed so, then exorcism, not bachelorhood, would be the appropriate remedy. Further, there is no evidence for this claim, no spinning heads, no uncontrolled obscenities. This is the same sort of well thought out criticism as claiming gays are poo-poo heads.
Animals Ignore Jehovah
Christians make the error of imagining their religious morality is universal and god-given. They feel upset when other species completely ignore it. Other species have no problem with adultery, abandoning their offspring, homosexuality, cannibalism, deception…~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Annoying Thing About Christians
Probably the most annoying thing about Christians is that they refuse to accept that Christian superstitions apply only to Christians. They have no right to impose their lunacy on others. In particular, they want to kill, persecute, beat up or prevent gay people from marrying. They seem to think the concept of separation of church and state does not apply to them. They imagine they have some special exemption to impose their religious beliefs on gays. What their god allegedly thinks about gays is as irrelevant as what Allah thinks. That the issue of gay marriage even came up means Americans do not understand their constitution. Gays don’t have to live by Christian rules.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Apologies for Religion
Atheists imagine they are demonstrating their open-mindedness when they write apologies for religion. But what they are doing is no more virtuous than writing glowing blurbs on how you can make money gambling, using astrology, the superiority of homeopathy, or how to make money responding to Nigerian 419 email scams. It is actually worse. You are encouraging the killing of and discrimination against gays, the abuse of children, religious violence, the suppression of women, the suppression of civil rights and the massive dumbing down of education. Religion is institutionalised lying, pretending to know with certainty things they just made up. It is no more reputable than any other form of lying and deception.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Are Christians Ethical?
Christians see gays an the ultimate evil, people who ideally should be killed and where that is not possible people to harassed and driven from the community and treated as subhuman. Gays see Christians crazy and malicious, people to strenuously avoid. Who is more ethical?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Are You Gay?
If you are tempted to have gay sex, you are gay. It does not matter if you actually have gay sex. Homosexuality is about sexual preference, not sexual actions. Virgin homosexuals, long before they have sex, know who turns them on and who does not. Thoroughly heterosexual men have gay sex in prison simply because they are making do with a difficult situation. Others make do with masturbation. That does not mean they prefer men or masturbation to women. They are still heterosexual. It is amusing how many homophobic preachers publicly admit they are gay when they rail about what a temptation homosexuality is. According to St. Paul, they are already doomed to hellfire. The thought crime is the lust, similar to thinking about adultery for heterosexuals.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Argument With God
Christians often say to me that I have an argument with god. That is impossible since I am quite certain the Christian’s team god Jehovah does not even exist. I have an argument with Christians, a group who promote one of the less plausible god myths using dishonest tactics and arguments. I have an argument with Christians, a group who threatened to kill me on over 3,200 occasions (because I was promoting gay equality) or encouraged others to make such threats. Their god delusion justified that behaviour to them. If there were no Christians the issue of the existence of Jehovah would not often come up.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Arguments Against Gay Marriage
Dan Savage repeatedly pressed Brian S. Brown, President of the National Organisation for Marriage for what terrible thing he imagined would happen if gays were allowed to marry. Brown gave two answers:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- People will think I am a bigot. (Surprise. They already do.)
- Children in school will be taught to feel no shame in having two daddies. He wants kids to feel ashamed of something that they had no part in creating. What a nasty old fart!
Arguments To Disband the All Churches
I would like to see all the Christian churches disband. Why?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They have been the source of nearly all the persecution of homosexuals.
- They sexually and physically abused children entrusted to their care in a systematic way.
- They have encouraged violence against the pro-choice doctors in the abortion debate.
- They have caused blithering nonsense to be taught as science in schools.
- They stir up trouble with other religions.
- They have prostituted themselves to bless war.
- They take financial advantage of the vulnerable.
Arguments To Disband the Catholic Church
I would like it if the Catholic church were disbanded for the following reasons:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They interfere with other people’s attempts to limit family size.
- They interfere with efforts to stop the spread of HIV and other STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) s.
- They interfere with sex education of other people’s children.
- They run the world’s largest and oldest pedophile ring.
- They encourage persecution of homosexuals and deny them equal civil rights.
- They con the poorest of the poor out of their money.
- They interfere with the teaching of science.
- Their teachings are bullshit lies.
Atheist Social Policy
You might wonder why most atheists are pro-choice, pro-contraception, pro-sex education, pro equal rights for women, pro-children’s rights, pro equal rights for gays, pro-science, pro-separation of church and state… It simply that the arguments for the opposing positions are purely religious.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Atheists More Numerous than Gays
In the USA, there are more atheists in the closet than gays.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Atone By Disbanding
There is only one apology the churches could make that is remotely sincere enough to atone for ripping off the poor, sexually assaulting children and cheerleading the beatings and murders of gay people. Disbanding and paying reparations with the proceeds.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Attributing Divine Punishment
Christians claim the freakish tornadoes in Missouri are divine retribution for failing to make life sufficiently miserable for gay people. Yet surely Joplin put out a superlative effort at bigotry. The tornadoes should have hit San Francisco and Minneapolis instead. Do they ever consider:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They are being punished for sending troops to Afghanistan and Iraq to butcher children.
- For senator Ray Blunt threatening to snatch medical care away from the elderly
- For being too mean spirited toward gays.
- For refusing to cut back on greenhouse gas emissions.
What would you do if some bronze age Aztec cult went viral and they started up human sacrifice on a large scale? Anything they said to you was insane. They told you that anyone who disagreed with their cult must be killed. Christianity is the biggest cannibalism cult on the planet. It revolves around pretending to eat an ancient, putrid, raw, bloody corpse and drink blood. It has mellowed to the point the animal and human sacrifices are now only performed ritually. Sacrificing your children is still touted as the highest good in the Christian bible. The Christian bible says Jehovah wants you to stone to death anyone who does not worship him. Thankfully, this command is usually ignored in this day. These lunatics kill gay people every day because long ago somebody got the nutty idea the presence of gay people caused earthquakes. These sadists interfere in other people’s end-of-life decisions, organ transplant decisions and reproductive decisions. They work very hard to disrupt science education. What are you doing to stop them?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In nearly every species, males try to prevent fellow males from breeding, but human Christians attempt to force male homosexuals not only to copulate but to sire children. What motivates this desire to propagate gay genes?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The separation of church and state is a delicate, shaky truce — live and let live. However, the majority can’t help but exploit their advantage and force their views on everyone else. Preservation of separation of church and state is a powerful reason not to try to suppress religions however there are some reason for doing it:
- Most churches con the poor and ignorant out of vast sums of money with false promises and threats. This logically should be considered a crime.
- The churches, especially the Catholic and Anglican, aid and abet pedophiles and have been doing so for centuries.
- Churches encourage the murder of gay people.
- Christians impose their religious views on euthanasia, organ transplants and abortion on others.
Another possibility is not to suppress the church, just contain it when it oversteps its constitutional boundaries.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Let’s say you go out on a hike and encounter a snow-capped mountain. A river crashes down. You see fish leaping in the pools. There are all manner of trees, grasses and wildflowers. You are awestruck by the beauty. That picture was created by ordinary matter and energy. Molecules sometimes knock your socks off. But a Christian cannot leave it at that. They have to get out their water colour kits and start painting everything with God paint. They can’t appreciate it for what it is. They have to homogenise it first with human concepts, the equivalent of pouring ketchup by a gallon over all their food.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Being Fruitful Is Now Irresponsible
The world is seriously overpopulated. It used to be a virtue to be fruitful and multiply, but today it is downright irresponsible. Having more than two children is the most serious assault an ordinary individual can mount on the planet. Straight people should get off their moral high horses and acknowledge that gays on average are behaving in a much more morally responsible way than they are.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Is Being Gay A Choice?
Christians often rabidly insist the bible says that being gay is a choice, but it says no such thing. No one can ever produce a supporting verse. All scientific studies say the opposite. If you ask any gay if they chose to be gay, they will say no.
If ask any Christian to choose to be gay for 5 minutes (no sex, just sexual preference), they say it is impossible. If it impossible for Christians to choose to be gay, why it is easy for gays? Christians are allergic to logic.
Thousands of gay teens each year commit suicide because they can’t find a way to make themselves straight. If they could choose to be gay, surely they could equally easily choose to be straight.
In my life I have had 3,200 death threats from Christians. Many of my friends have been beaten up and killed by Christians. Why would I choose to be subject to all that hatred? I so strongly did not want to be gay, I planned to drown myself, weighted down with rocks, from a raft in Deeks Lake on my 21st birthday. Thankfully a friend talked some sense into me.
I do not recall choosing to be gay. I do recall choosing not to have children because I felt I was carrying inferior genes. No gay or straight person I have ever asked can remember the time they chose their sexuality. One dotty Christian lady claimed the choice is made just prior to birth, but, in typical Christian arrogance, she had no evidence, not even her own recollection.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Is Being Gay A Choice?
Homosexuality is not a choice. Claiming it is a choice is an oft-repeated Christian lie.
- When you did you make the decision to be straight? Can’t remember?
- Try choosing to be gay for 5 minutes. No sex, Just change your preference.
- It it were a choice, why do so many gay teens commit suicide because they cannot flip?
- Why would anyone choose to take on all that Christian hate? You Christians have killed and beat up some of my friends. You have threatened to kill me 3,200 times.
Even if it were a choice, gays are a legally protected group in most civilised countries. It is illegal to discriminate against people who are gay no matter how much of a bigot you are or what religion you are.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Being Gay is Natural
A religious argument is that homosexuality is unnatural (does not occur in nature) therefore gays should be killed.
Using cellphones is unnatural too. But that is hardly justification for murder. Homosexuality occurs in many other species, especially the intelligent species, especially our nearest relative the bonobo, so it is simply false to say it is unnatural.
In humans, homosexuality is roughly as unnatural/rare as left handedness. Granted Christians originally wanted to kill all the lefties, but minority status for something is no justification for murder.
By what mechanism does the type of sexual plumbing of a couple in a bedroom have any effect on anyone else, much less the ability to bring down civilisation? This objection to homosexuality is unbelievably meddling nosiness. It is as nuts have having a rule about exactly how you employ toilet paper, with spies and death penalties.
Christians like Kirk Crocoduck Cameron think they have a right to block gays from having sex or kill them because he finds gay sex disgusting. That is as high handed as saying nobody should be allowed to eat curry because it gives me indigestion. So what? Nobody is asking you to eat curry.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Being Gay is Worse Than Murder
Rabid Christians such as the late Fred Phelps (born:1929-11-13 died:2014-03-19 at age:84) tell me that being gay is worse than murder. I find this assertion bat shit crazy. Murder is violent and painful. Murder takes away another’s very existence. It take away all further interaction from the people who know the victim. It prevents from happening all of the victim’s future accomplishments.
Being gay or having gay sex affects no one else. If you give someone a blow job, you are giving them pleasure, not harming them. Unless the Christian pries, he has no way of even detecting the alleged crime. Why do Christians focus so intently on a sin their cult founder never mentioned and ignore the sins he went on and on and on about?
Their founder behaved as if he were gay.
Mark 14:51-52 said And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: And he left the linen cloth and fled from them naked.
Then there is And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich.
And after six days, Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over nakedness. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan. from the suppressed part of the Gospel of Mark.
Benefits Of Eliminating Christianity
If a cure were found for Christian delusion, many other of earth’s problems would be solved as a side effect. We would start taking care of the environment; we would clean up the greenhouse gas emissions; we would stop persecuting gays and driving gay teens to suicide; to a large extent child rape would stop; all manner of cons on the elderly would stop, the destruction of young brains by forcing them to pretend to believe nonsense would stop; all manner of medical quacks would go out of business.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Besotted with Superstition
Christians are like OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) patients besotted with pointless superstitions. They cross themselves, pray to a non-existent sky god, avoid eating fish on Friday, spit on any homosexual who crosses his path, mutilate their penises, avoid touching condoms, fear devils, are deluded that internal voices are the creator of the universe giving them infallible information, rant about the evils of Islam without knowing the first thing about it.… I wonder if OCD medication would help.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians often argue that the only source of morality on the planet is their bible. If it were discredited, morality (mostly sexual immorality) would reign. People would have threesomes with dogs, have homosexual orgies and rape children. I have three responses to that:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The majority of the world’s cultures do not accept the bible anyway, so for them, nothing would change.
- I gather from these statements that bestiality is the #1 Christian secret fantasy. I doubt this is true of most people. It ranks so highly only because it is such forbidden fruit to Christians.
- If you read the bible cover to cover, it not only condones nearly every form of immorality, Jehovah commands it. It is hardly a brake to immorality, It is a stimulus.
The Bible Does Not Condone Homophobia
Christians kid themselves that the bible commands them to make life as miserable as possible for gay people. 99% of the bible disapproves of such bigotry. There are a couple of verses in Leviticus that Christians cherry pick to justify their sin. If they were to read the whole of Leviticus they would discover Leviticus was stark raving bonkers and wanted everyone punished not just gays. If they read the whole bible… It is infuriating that Christians are so smug about behaving so badly.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Bible as a Fraternity Haze
Christians are just as happy to persecute celibate gays like myself as sexually active ones, monogamous as promiscuous. They once persecuted left-handed and black people in the same mindless way. There is no justification for this. Its not the old testament condemnation. In nearby verses, Leviticus and Deuteronomy condemn darn near everyone. Christians cherry picked. Cruelty is just tradition, like fraternity hazing.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Bible as Hate Literature
Let’s say someone wrote a book against Baptists. It taught you how to smash their windows without getting caught. It showed you how to burn down their homes and businesses in such a way the fire would be so intense there would be nothing left and no one could escape. I think a few people might complain. The government might ban this book.
However, the churches have published perhaps a billion copies of a book, the bible, that calls for stoning suspected homosexuals to death, without trial, by mob. The bible is nearly always the justification for bashings and murders of homosexuals by strangers. Almost nobody complains. Nobody takes seriously a request to remove the offending passages or to mark them as not-officially endorsed. This bad behaviour is entrenched tradition.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Bible Is Not Virtuous
People who think the bible is a virtuous document have never read it, except for the part giving them permission to kill gay people. It commands every crime imaginable, even cannibalism, even child abuse. It has some popular bits of sweetness and light, but most of it is positively demonic. Read the damn thing if you doubt, cover to cover. If you don’t want to take the time, dip in with the help of a bible study guide I wrote.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians really burn me up with their inconsistency. When discussing nuclear weapons, war, prostitution, food safety, gun control, policing… anything but persecuting homosexuals, Christians never quote the bible implying they have the right to impose their religion on everyone else.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians love to thump their bibles and call for a return to pure biblical morality. Instead of thumping I wish these people would read their bibles. Then perhaps they would see what a strange morality it professes:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- commands genocide
- commands human and animal sacrifice
- commands killing and raping children
- commands killing for eating shellfish and lobsters
- commands killing for wearing garments of more than one type of fibre
- commands killing for working in the garden on Sunday
- commands killing gays
- commands killing non-virgin brides
- commands killing whole villages if even one non-believer or believer in a different religion lives there.
- commands women to be silent
- condemns owl-eating, and about 100 other species.
- condones animal cruelty
- condones child beating
- condones incest
- condones polygamy
- condones rape
- condones slavery
- condones wife beating
- insists wives blindly obey their husbands and submit to his every whim
- nothing to say about business
- nothing to say about pollution
- nothing to say about sanitation
- nothing to say about traffic
Do you base your morality on the bible? No you don’t. You don’t kill gays, stone pregnant teens, kill people who eat shrimp, sacrifice your first child, murder your bride if she is not a virgin, slit the throats of people who wear cotton blend socks, beat your children to death if they sass you, beat demons out of people when they are sick, refuse to wash your hands… You lie! We atheists have talked some sense into you.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Biblical Morality is Appalling
Christians smugly imagine their morality is superior to secular morality. They forget their bible teaches the virtues of keeping and beating slaves, discriminating against blacks, drowning witches, animal cruelty and burning gay people alive. It was secular morality that cleaned up these evils. The Christians tried to perpetuate these evils on religious grounds.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Biblical Sources of Homophobia
Christians have two sources of hatred for gays: Leviticus concerned with preventing sex and St. Paul concerned with preventing lust. Bigots will point out that choice of gender in partner both for sex and marriage is a choice. They even try to pretend that sexual orientation is a choice, though they can never find anyone who managed to change their choice. In the bigot’s view, gays should thus do what fundamentalist Christians tell them to. Whether they do or not, Christians will still persecute them.
Christians need to be told firmly to get stuffed. They have no more right to choose partners for gays than vice versa. They seem to think they have the rights of parents in India to arrange or veto marriages. Gays have just as much right to choose their partners as anyone else.
A religious objection to someone else’s behaviour is insufficient grounds for proscription. That is built into the US constitution. That is what freedom of religion in many constitutions implies.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In my life, the biggest threats to my personal safety were not terrorists, invading Russians, muggers, drunk drivers or drug dealers. They were Christians who threatened to kill me because I was gay and to a lesser extent Canadian and American soldiers who did not like me saying we have no business attacking countries that did not attack us first, and that doing so was illegal and a capital war crime.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In his book Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance Barack Obama explains the appeal of Christianity to poor blacks, though he did not put it in quite these words. They have almost no reason for hope. The deck is thoroughly stacked against them, but that is so damn depressing. So they cheer themselves up by pretending to each other to believe that Jesus will rescue them, someday. To help foster the illusion, they publicly give thanks for their suffering, as if this were evidence, any day now, Jesus would deliver them. To them, giving up belief in a god is exactly the same thing as giving up hope that conditions could ever improve. They can’t imagine any other mechanism than the supernatural by which significant good could come to them.
To me, relying on a god to help me would be like relying on winning the national lottery. It would be just a crazy pipedream, a playful fantasy — nothing I would take seriously. In contrast to the poor blacks, my basic needs are met. I don’t feel any need for outside aid, so I am not tempted to fantasize about supernatural rescue. Also because I am gay, there no way on earth the god of the Christians would ever help me. He hates me simply because I am gay, not for anything I do, but for what at the core I am. So a cruel, bigoted bastard like the god Jehovah is about the last fantasy rescuer I would turn to.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Brian S. Brown, President of the National Organisation for Marriage, argues that gays should not be allowed to marry because they cannot bear children without outside help. However, he notes that it would be ridiculous to bar straight people from marrying who were similarly disabled. He insists there is nothing in the least bigoted or inconsistent in his position.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Back in the 1970s I wrote a book called A Guide For The Naïve Homosexual. I met a guy who had memorised it, and liked to quote from it citing page number and paragraph number. This lead me to wonder if the people who wrote the bible stories had any intention for them to be treated as holy writ the way they are today. I could imagine the guy who wrote the children’s story about the boat and the animals being horrified to learn his story and others like it were, today, grounds for people murdering each other.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Bulls as Doggies
A child on encountering its first bull can’t help but think of it as some sort of large doggie. What is the matter with it? It won’t bark! Christians treat us homosexuals in a similar way, projecting their limited view of what is possible and normal onto us.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Bullying To Breed
Christians enjoy harassing homosexuals, even celibate ones. They want them to breed, no matter how disgusting heterosex is for them. Why? The easiest way for a cult to grow is to indoctrinate people too young to resist. For Christianity to spread, there need to be hordes of children, even children of gays, to mould into to the ways of the cult. Islam and Judaism are the same way. Religions not particularly interested in taking over the world, like Buddhism, do not exhibit this quirk. This is also why the Pope is so strongly opposed to any form of birth control.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Bullying In The Name Of God
Bullies often pick on younger children, excusing themselves by accusing the children of being gay. The term makes no sense applied to the pre-pubescent. Teachers have tried to protect the children, but Christians have incomprehensibly worked to block them from doing so. These insane Christians imagine that any sort of bullying in the name of god is legitimate. They are so consumed with hate, they don’t care if innocent children are hurt in their mindless expression of it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
There is an apocryphal Christian sect called the Bunyanites. Their keystone belief is that horse riding is wicked. They base this belief on a story about St. Paul of Bunyan who once rode upon an ox, the holy Babe, blue both in colour and disposition. This story appears in one of their anonymously written bible. They explain It is written that anyone consorting with horses must be whipped and stung with pismires. They show up at every horse show, riding school, western movie and rodeo to protest. They never present any evidence that horse riding is cruel, unhealthful, extravagant or energy inefficient. They just talk gleefully about the pismires. Where they exist in sufficient numbers, Bunyanites have managed to protect the children by banning all books from school libraries that either discuss or depict horses, ridden or potentially ridden. They sometimes burn alive people who ride horses. They lobby tirelessly to make horse riding or horse keeping a serious federal crime. Some adherents even picket the funerals of equestrians. What I find odd, is the way the media tolerate them, inviting them to every TV show remotely concerned with horses, just they way other Christian sects invariably get invited to shows on homosexuality, euthanasia and abortion where they similarly refuse to present any evidence for their views.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Call Them Bigots
When I was doing gay lib work in the 70s, I discovered that homophobes strongly objected to having their anti-gay-equality actions being labelled bigotry. They did not identify as bigots. They saw their violence against gays as just punishment. That experience suggests it is important to let Christians know we consider their anti-marriage equality actions, bigotry. Defending virtue is just a bullshit excuse for bullying.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
How does the Catholic Church spend its time and energy?
- Aiding and abetting pedophiles, providing them with fresh victims.
- Controlling how even non-Catholics behave: harassing gays, abortion, contraception, euthanasia.
- Collecting wealth.
You don’t see much in the way of spiritual development, helping the poor or enhancing civil rights.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Catholic Church Creates Suffering
Is the Catholic Church a force for good in the world? Even if you forgive them for everything they did in the past, definitely not. They continue to deliberately create suffering in the world, especially for non-Catholics:
- The Catholic Church is by far the world’s biggest pedophile ring. The church covers up for pedophile priests, transfers priests to new pastures and ensure priests rarely go to jail. Priests traumatise children by telling the child that god will kill him and his parents and send them to hell for eternal torture if the child does not submit to painful anal penetration.
- The Catholic Church exploits the poor of the world, tricking them into donating money to get into heaven and avoid hell. There was a time when the church charged 2/3 of a year’s wages to ensure a loved one got a seat in heaven. Prostitution may be the oldest profession, but the Catholic Church the world’s oldest con.
- The Catholic Church interferes with the end-of-life decisions of non-Catholics, forcing them to suffer to placate the sadistic god Jehovah.
- The Catholic Church interferes in organ donations and transplants of non-Catholics.
- Encouraging HIV, especially in Africa, by blocking the use of condoms and by spreading lies about their effectiveness.
- The Catholic Church still officially promotes the elimination of homosexuals by killing them. In practice, they successfully lobby against gay civil rights such as marriage, pensions and hospital visits. They share this view with the Nazis.
- The Catholic Church imposes its superstition that a soul enters the body at contraception to justify interfering with contraception, the morning after pill and all abortions for non-Catholics.
- Though evangelicals are greater culprits than Catholics, Catholics interfere with science education insisting on teaching junk science as real.
- Terrifying children with threats of hellfire is child abuse.
Pope Francis has been unable to rectify any problems with his church. Its bureaucracy is too rigid.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Catholic Church Responsible For Every Gay Murder
The Catholic church is responsible any time a gay person is murdered for the same reason the KKK (Klu Klux Klan) is responsible any time a black person is lynched.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Catholic Homophobes = Nazi Anti-Semites
If there were a school run by Nazis that taught their students to beat up Jews, to deny them the right to marry and to deny them ordinary civil rights, we would shut them down. Why then do we put up with the Catholic church doing the same thing to gays? Catholics have every right to claim that masturbating, using birth control or being gay is wicked, but they do not have a right to teach children to beat up sinners.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The problem with the Catholic church is that it imagines itself the church of all mankind not just the church of all Catholics. They believe they have the right to impose their church dogmas (which are really just superstitions and opinions) on everyone. In particular, they think they have to right to impose their rules on homosexuality, birth control, abortion, end-of-life/euthanasia, stem cells, organ transplants and child molesting. These ideas have no reason to support them. They are merely religious dogmas/traditions. As such, they do not apply to non-Catholics any more than the rules of how the Catholic mass should be celebrated.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What are the fundamental principles of the modern Catholic church?
- Ensuring priests can rape and molest children without interference.
- Persecuting, harassing, killing homosexuals and denying them equal civil rights.
- Hounding and encouraging the killing of those who have or perform abortions.
- Encouraging destruction of earth through overpopulation and interference in birth control.
- Forcing the terminally ill to suffer by forcing them to live when they beg to be put out of their misery.
- Conning the poorest of the poor into handing over the money for the pope’s ecclesiastical fashion shows.
- Interfering with stem cell cures for those with spinal injuries.
Isn’t it time such an archaic, dysfunctional, misery-creating institution were abolished?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Catholic Recruiting Troubles
The Catholic church complains it can no longer find young men to enter the priesthood. So it violently spits on gay people, while quietly holding out a hand to them, saying, If you join us, we will protect you and give you an aura of respectability. But young gay men don’t want to join such a hypocritical organisation — one run primarily for and by pedophiles.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Catholicism on Trial
Let’s weigh Catholicism:
Catholicism in the balance
- impressive buildings.
- charitable works.
- Christmas pageantry.
- world’s largest pedophile ring.
- Extorting money from the poorest of the poor with false promises and empty threats.
- persecution of gays and denial of civil rights.
- history of burning people alive and other tortures.
- interfering with other people’s end-of-life decisions.
- interfering with HIV prevention.
- interfering with other people’s family planning.
- interfering with organ donations and organ transplants.
- teaching woo such as demonic possession and miracle saints.
- Collaborating with Nazis.
- Tedious music.
On balance I think it is time they were disbanded. Perhaps abuse survivors will sue them into oblivion.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Catholics and Gays; Nazis and Jews
The irrational vendetta of the Catholic church against gays is fueled by the same insanity as the hatred of Nazis for Jews.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Cause of Earthquakes
Religious fundamentalists, like ancient Romans, blame every earthquake everywhere on someone having gay sex. Yet when nothing untoward happens when a country legalises gay marriage, they take it this has no divine significance. People have sex every day, at roughly the same rate (except for Mardi Gras), but earthquakes occur on fault lines with rough periodicity. They are obviously not correlated.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Cause of Tornados
When massive tornados repeatedly rip through the bible belt, you’d think at least a few of them would wonder if it was because their god did not like them persecuting gays.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Change Can Happen
Only about 15% of the world’s population have succeeded is discarding their religious superstitions. This sounds depressing until you realise that in 1969 where I lived in Vancouver, BC Canada, about 99.9% of people, for religious reasons, believed that gays deserved to be harassed. Today, 47 years later, that has dropped to about 40%. Further, in many countries religious attendance has dropped and religious fanaticism has softened. Similarly, religiously inspired racial prejudice has greatly reduced. I think it will be like defrosting an old-fashioned fridge. Nothing much appears to be happening, then suddenly great hunks of ice start dropping off.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Change Is A Coming
The Christian belief in tormenting homosexuals is fading. The younger generation almost totally favour full equality for gay people. We just have to wait for the old bigots to die off.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Changing the Bible
If Christians could change their mind and decide that the bible considered slavery a sin after all, perhaps they could change their minds and decide that picking on gays is a sin after all too.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Jesus was mostly concerned about the welfare of the poor and oppressed. The modern day church is mostly concerned that homosexuals are oppressed and bullied enough, women are forced to have babies they do not want, those in pain near life’s end suffer enough, women are excluded from power and priests are free to molest children. These irrelevant goals are dear to the hearts of cardinals. They will lead the church into further irrelevancy. As Napoléon said Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Cherry Picking Deuteronomy
Deuteronomy says you are obligated to kill any child who strikes, disrespects or disobeys a parent. Why do Christians feel so certain Deuteronomy was so wrong on childrearing, but so right on appropriate treatment of homosexuals?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Cherry Picking Excuses for Evil
Christians tell me they have no choice but to persecute homosexuals because the bible commands them to. That is lie. They cherry picked Leviticus and ignored every other one of Leviticus’s hundreds of thou shalt nots. Further, there is nothing that compels Christians, other than they have always done it, to follow the religious superstitions of 3000-year old desert tribes. They choose to be bigots and must take responsibility for that choice.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
You may have heard the 4 year old singing in church to thunderous applause Ain’t no homos gonna make it to Heaven. It reminds me a bit of the scene in the movie Cabaret when a handsome blond child sings Tomorrow Belongs To Me — a Hitler propaganda song.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What are the activities required of Christians?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Eat a cracker and pretend it is a slice of raw, putrid, bloody 2000 year old corpse.
- Drink some wine and pretend it is the blood of a man executed 2000 years ago.
- Persecute gay people.
- Sing dreary songs.
- Listen to a man tell them how bad they are.
- Interfere with science education.
- Pretend to follow the bible faithfully, but never read it cover to cover.
Christian Aesthetic Appeal
Setting aside whether Jehovah exists, how does the Christian church appeal aesthetically?
- I love the stain glass. I hope windows are preserved after Christianity passes away.
- The black churches and the Metropolitan Community Church have great music, but most of the rest have boring, lugubrious music.
- Some of the churches are truly beautiful. Many of the modern churches are the most daring and interesting architecture of our age. I love the soaring spaces, swooping curves and uses of natural wood and light.
On the other hand, Christianity on the whole does not appeal aesthetically:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The god Jehovah is totally obsessed with animal and human sacrifice. A modern day religion should find some way to drop that.
- The key events in the bible are the human sacrifices. The key sacrament of Christianity is ritual blood-drinking and cannibalism. All this talk of Jesus’s blood as some delicious elixir makes me nauseous. Every Christian who talks publicly about Jesus’s blood should be forced to drink a beaker of ground pig liver to help them understand how revolting what they are doing is to others.
- The church is always on the side of bigotry and ignorance — slavery, segregation, killing homosexuals, anti-sciences, suppression of women…
- Jehovah as described in the bible is crazy, unjust and sadistic, hardly worthy of worship.
- Even Christian high art portrays everyone as if they had a broom rammed up their asses, with vacant stares. It is just so corny. Christians decorate their homes with kitsch that make black velvet Elvis paintings look refined.
- I find it disgusting that any bigot can become a preacher, spew hate or madness and claim it is god’s word and automatically be believed.
- The bible is a joke. Its authors were unbelievably incompetent and careless, even accounting for their lack of education. To fob it off as the work of the creator of the universe is beyond insulting to Jehovah and to modern humans.
Christian Arbiters of Morality?
The bible commands you to kill homosexuals and many other sinners whose sins harm no one, yet Christians have the cheek to claim they should be teaching the rest of us about morality, mercy and forgiveness?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians once promoted slavery. They were bigots.
Christians once promoted segregation. They too were bigots.
At the time, these Christians imagined what they were doing was the highest virtue, but they were still bigots.
Christians today like to scapegoat gays. From the gay point of view, Christians make their lives miserable even though gays did nothing to harm Christians. Christians are wigged out bigots. That sort of behaviour is the definition of bigot. It is the same mindless hatred Hitler had for Jews.
US law gives Christians the right to be bigots, but they lie when they try to escape being labeled bigots when they behave irrationally. Bigotry is defined by actions, not motivations for the actions.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians originally fought blacks marrying whites because their religion taught that blacks were inferior. Today, Christians fight gays marrying at all on the grounds gays are inferior. This is simply religious-based bigotry. They do for no reason other than religious faith. Just because their bigotry is motivated by religion does not stop it from being bigotry.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If you read the bible, it says to kill gay people, not snub them, not refuse them service, not refuse to hire them, not beat them up. Why do you think your sky god will be mollified with your namby pamby half-hearted measures? Why do you even bother with them? If you are a true warrior for Christ, you should kill all the gay people you know and suffer the consequences. I trust you are sufficiently sane to see how mad that would be. Then surely you should also see that your half-measures are equally bonkers. It is nuts to attack people who have done you no harm.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians believe in an invisible god who tells them through prophets, that they are better than everyone else. Surprise! He also reputedly tells them that they are free to vent their spleens in particular on gay people with harassment and even death. Only civil law blocks their fun.
In my grandfather’s time, this same god told them it was fitting to roast black people alive at public barbecues. Nazis believed they were better than everyone else and that they could vent their spleens on gays too. I don’t see how, in principle, Christians are any different from Nazis just in degree. However, if you look at the history of Christianity, Christians were far more cruel than any Nazis ever were. They invented the Art of Torture .
Ironically, Christians claim to follow the golden rule, which just proves their outrageous hypocrisy. The funny thing is they truly believe they are more moral than the people they spit on. To do that requires an astounding feat of denial.
For too long, we gays have let Christian pretend to hold the high moral ground, when it they not us who are behaving badly. As homo sapiens, we gays have every right to equality and to tell anyone who claims superior privilege or superior morality to get stuffed.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Deception on Marriage Equality
Christians are deliberately and dishonestly confusing the debate about marriage equality. Marriage is both a religious institution and a secular institution. The religious side is the duty of the clergy to define for each religion. Bigotry is constitutionally protected there. No one is proposing any changes to it.
Marriage is also a set of laws. Deciding what they should be is the business of all citizens, including non-Christians. These laws have nothing at all to do with god, the spirit or religion, but with mundane secular things such as wills, tax exemptions, divorces, child custody, visitation rights, insurance, pensions…
It is unfortunate that we use the same word for both. Perhaps we should call religious marriage matrimony and legal marriage a civil union and abandon the ambiguous word marriage when drafting laws.
In any case, there is no need for a special legal term for same sex unions. To use one would imply second class status. Obviously, there will be a term in popular speech, but there should not be a legal distinction. The sole point of having a separate term in law would be to treat gays unequally either now or in future. Using the exact same term for both heads off that treachery. (Remember how the blacks were screwed repeatedly with the lie of separate but equal.)
The religious bigots treat gays us untouchables. They believe gays are unclean and that even permitting them to use the word marriage for their declared unions would make the bigots ritually unclean. Happily, the older generations of bigots are rapidly dying off and being replaced by generations who believe in equality. There is no doubt about the outcome of this civil rights battle, just how long it will take. It is completely wrong of the law to aid and abet bigots in harming gays. It should be protecting gays from them instead.
Politically, the easiest way to settle this dispute would to take the ambiguous and emotionally-laden word marriage completely out of the text of the laws. People would, of course, still be free to use the word in any way they pleased in ordinary speech. The Christians resist even this because what they are actually fighting for is the continued right to persecute their historic scapegoat — gay people. They are fighting to use the law to help them bully non-believers.
With the supreme court decision in the USA, it is all over but the shouting (e.g. Kim Davis). Oddly though, in many states, discrimination against gays in hotels, housing, employment, adoption, wedding cake and pizza sales etc. is still legal.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Consider these three delusions commonly found in Christians:
- They believe priests perform magic that causes a cracker to turns into raw human flesh, even though it still looks and tastes like a cracker.
- The creator of the universe wrote a book that betrayed a complete lack of knowledge of how the universe was constructed. He did not write it himself, he sent people dreams to inspire them to write it. In this book he called for thousands of categories of people to be killed, often stoned to death. However, the only time he really meant it was when he called for killing all gays.
- The creator of the universe wants you to pray to him if you get sick. Trying any other measure, even on the brink of death is extremely wicked. There can’t be any scripture against medicine. Modern medicine did not even exist at the time it was written.
People pretending to be ritual cannibals causes little harm. But dragging gays behind pick up trucks does. I don’t think we should tolerate this insanity. Churches that preach murder should be shut down, the pastors jailed and the assets confiscated. They are hate groups. People refusing their kids medical care are child abusers. They all belong in jail.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Earthquake Superstitions
Christians like to blame gay people when there is an earthquake, echoing the ancient Roman superstition that homosexual activity angers the gods. But, oddly Christians don’t blame themselves when their god smites them with a tornado. Indeed, they thank their god for killing their neighbours but sparing them. The whole business strikes me as certifiably nuts.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
When someone is about to commit an evil deed, especially murder, what they most want is for someone to convince them with absolute certainty that it is OK. That’s what religion provides. Think about it. Bishops have blessed every war in history. Bishops blessed the torture and murder of witches. The church encouraged slavery then lynch mobs and to this day gay bashing and Muslim bashing. Some churches encourage murder of anyone involved in terminating pregnancies. The Catholic church enables and encourages pedophilic rapes, helping priests to avoid prosecution and find new victims.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Fertility Rite: Burn a Homosexual Alive
Christians tell me they feel duty bound to make the lives of homosexuals as miserable as possible because if they didn’t, then no one would have children. First of all, the world has billions more people than it can support. We need fewer not more children. Christians simultaneously try to force gays to have children and try to exclude them from employment where they have any contact with children. They also oppose gays adopting or retaining custody of their own children. The notion that treating gays badly will cure of them of same sex attraction has no evidence at all to support it. All it does is make them despise Christians and the church. Conservative Christians invented the idea that it was virtuous to pick on gays. Jesus certainly did not tell them to. Obviously, Christians have not thought this through. Christians obtain huge enjoyment from scapegoating gays and will float any nutty excuse to continue. Christians are such losers they resort to consoling themselves with the fantasy they will lord it over everyone else after they die. For now, persecuting gays will have to do.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
You’d think the ten commandments and the teachings of Jesus would get top priority in the Christian mind. Yet Christians ignore most of that material (e.g. no graven images, helping the poor) and focus instead of a few lines in Leviticus, that call for the persecution of gay people. Recall that Leviticus is the guy who thinks you should be put to death for eating a shrimp or wearing socks made of cotton and Lycra.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Hate Caring Fathers
Christians freak out when little boys engage in play where they simulate care for infants. They panic that their sons are becoming homosexual, yet what could be more heterosexual than having and caring for infants? What the Christians are really upset about is their sons rejecting the Christian notion of an aloof authoritarian father who takes no part in child rearing or household cleaning chores. They prefer their sons practice homicide with guns.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
To a Christian Homophobe:
Basically the only reason you have to harm homosexuals is that your bible says to. However, it has thousands of other sins listed — many, capital crimes. Yet you single out only one of them, and oddly, a sin you conveniently do not commit. Jesus told you not to do that. You are supposed to focus on your own sins. Yet you ignore all your own sins, including the capital ones.
It is odd you would pick as most important a sin that Jesus never even bothered to mention. What does that tell us about you? You are obsessed with homosexuality, something that in theory, does not concern you in the least. Studies have shown people so obsessed nearly always turn out to be closet cases. They are projecting their internal conflict, frustration and inability to suppress their feelings out as anger at the world.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21 says that you must kill any child who is insufficiently respectful. Oddly, you don’t feel compelled to obey. So why then do you feel compelled to be such a stickler about homosexuals?
Christian bigots claim that homosexuality is the only important sin. Why then did Jesus have not so much as one word to say on homosexuality or same sex marriage?
What you are doing is bigotry, not Christianity. You are a first class hypocrite and cherry-picker.
Finally, Christian superstitions only apply to Christians. You may not impose your crazy notions on non-Christians. That is what the first amendment was for, to keep Christians from shoving Christianity down unwilling throats.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Homophobes are Gay: Study
Asking a gay person to attend a hospital run by Christians is like asking a black person to attend a hospital run by the KKK.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians are horrified at the urban myth that the Muslim holy book the Qur’an requires Muslims to kill Christians on sight. (It says no such thing). However, the Christians harbour not the slightest embarrassment that their holy book, the bible, in Leviticus, requires them to kill all gays.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Jail Birds
Why do such a higher percentage of Christians than atheists end up in jail?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Mostly because they believe all it takes is a bit of clerical magic to erase the effects of wrongdoing.
- They believe their religious law trumps civil law. They are thus prone to vigilanteism, particularly involving gays and abortion.
Christians who hate gays usually just threaten them or beat them up. Christians who hate those who offer information on birth control or abortion services are more likely to actually kill them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Whenever I debate with Christians on such matters as Christianity, abortion, euthanasia, contraception, gay rights, organ transplants… I am nauseated at the way they so brazenly cheat and lie. They present straw man arguments. They misrepresent the stances of their opponents. They use ad hominem arguments. I am baffled that anyone could associate Christianity with moral integrity.
This way of thinking has a long pedigree: What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church… a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them.~ Martin Luther (born:1483-11-10 died:1546-02-18 at age:62)
My guess is they think like this I am absolutely sure I am right. After all I have God on my side. However, I am a fool, quite incapable of making rational arguments. To make things fair in dealing with my more intelligent opponents, I am obligated to cheat and lie. After all, they have the resources of Satan at their disposal.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Moral Inferiority
Christians in the USA want the right to spit on and harm gays because they claim gays are morally inferior. They have this backwards. We live on a planet carrying a population four times bigger than it can sustain. Gays are not contributing to the problem. Catholics, fundamentalists, Muslims and Mormons with enormous families are doing all in their power to make things worse. They are the ones behaving irresponsibly and immorally.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
When Christians talk about morality they are thinking of quite different criteria from me. They mean:
- arranging not to be born homosexual by some unspecified means and remembering to persecute homosexuals.
- not committing adultery.
- not having sex before marriage.
- oppressing non-Christians.
- teaching fundamentalist science.
- punishing criminals including driving while black, working while immigrant, smoking marijuana…
- Doing favours for soldiers. Encourage them to feel proud of killing.
When I talk about morality I mean:
- not hurting other people.
- not interfering with other people when their actions do not victimise others.
- making sure everyone gets basic food, shelter, water, medical care.
- leaving planet earth in decent shape for coming generations.
- Adultery is a matter of a broken promise between two parties, not a public matter. If people want to they should be able to negotiate open relationships or anything else they please. It is none of my business.
- Try to convince criminals and soldiers not to kill or harm people, especially children.
The Christians are right, that without a bogeyman god Jehovah, there is no reason for bullying people to behave according the Christian morality rules. The Christians are tacitly agreeing their concept of morality is irrational.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Morality = Prudery
Christians claim to be the guardians of morality. What they mean by morality is narrow — sexual behaviour. They want to force their pleasure-denying Puritanical life philosophy or others. That has little to do with morality. Morality is consideration for others. Christians cheerlead war, deny the poor access to food and housing, con the poorest of the poor out of their meagre income, try to prevent homosexuals from finding life partners, cover up for pedophiles… That is all utterly immoral.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Morality is Shit
Christians claim their morality is superior and it makes them superior. This is balderdash. Christian morality over the centuries has promoted religious intolerance, slavery, discrimination against blacks, discrimination against gays, discrimination against women, don’t eat shrimp, no blended fabrics. That is superior?? That’s flipping nuts!~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
It is ironic that Christian bigots have elected to play the rôle of Pharaoh, oppressing gay people for no reason, other than the joy of creating misery, refusing to see the writing on the wall that their freedom and equality is inevitable.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Christian Pitch
Christians pitch their religion to two audiences:
- To abject suckers who can be fleeced of 10% of their lifetime income.
- To the general public. The idea is to threaten them with eternal torture, destruction of the world etc. The superstitious public perceives these threats as quite remote, but not impossible. Since Jehovah is such a sadistic crazy bastard, they think it might be prudent to placate Jehovah and kill or be nasty to gays, treat single cells as if they were newborns etc. This way Christians extend their influence beyond believers.
Threats and extortion are not normally considered legitimate tools of persuasion, but the church has bamboozled nearly everyone into thinking what they do is legal. This is the same technique ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) uses, except they carry through with their threats.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian Rejection of the Implausible
Love so often surprises us. It just springs out of nowhere. I find it so odd that Christians, of all people, are most critical of homosexuals, supposedly because they cannot understand their love rationally, Christians, of all people, whose religion is founded on accepting the implausible.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians claim the right to kill gays and abortionists. Atheists proclaim the right of Christians to believe whatever they please, but not to use government to force their beliefs on others, a protection guaranteed by the constitution. Atheists consider the unsubstantiated beliefs of Christians absurd. Christians claim therefore they are persecuted and subject to hate from atheists.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians unceasingly try to force their Christian values on others, however, they are never clear on just what these values are. Sometimes they refer to the Ten Commandments which, except for a few which are covered by civil law, they completely ignore. Surely a ban on Sunday shopping is not a serious fundamental Christian value and neither is a ban on lawn statues nor is killing your children if they fail to respect you. Just what do they really mean?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Thou shalt harass homosexuals and encourage others to kill them.
- Thou shalt block all abortions no matter what the consequences to the mother or fetuses.
- Thou shalt force everyone to live to last possible second, especially if they are suffering.
- Thou shalt breed like rabbits and force everyone else do so by all imaginable means including banning sex education and condoms.
- Thou shalt deny all science in favour of myths that have no evidence to support them.
- Thou shalt assert thy moral superiority over the heathen Jesus rejectors.
- Tax the poor to reward the rich for being rich.
- A lie to defend the faith is a virtuous act. For example, thou shalt assert the infallible power of prayer even though it is utterly useless.
- Concern for the environment is devil worship.
- STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) are punishment from god, and should be encouraged.
Quite apart from Jehovah, the bible and faith, I find Christian values revolting. I consider the most important reason to convince Christians to abandon their faith is to get them to upgrade to a more enlightened set of values. Christian values include:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Kill or harass gays at every opportunity.
- Kill men, women and children, and torture them when your country attacks another.
- Do not actually steal, but work to ensure the top 0.1% of the population has nearly all the wealth and the bottom third has almost none.
- Interfere with the end-of-life decisions of the sick and elderly.
- Interfere with organ donations and organ transplants.
- Interfere with the family planning decisions of others.
- Interfere with other people’s decisions around abortion.
- Spit on every other religion as having no value or truth, without even examining it. But demand respect for your own.
- Force your religion on others at every opportunity. Arrange to have it forced on children in school.
- Aid and abet pedophiles.
- Interfere with STD prevention and sex education.
- Interfere with stem cell research.
- Interfere with measures to ameliorate climate change.
- Traumatise children with threats of eternal torture.
- Make empty bribes of eternal bliss for fattening your coffers.
- Make outrageous false claims about the truth of your religion.
- Ensure everyone is just as joyless as you are.
Christian Values Exposed
Christian values as advertised:
- concern for the poor
Christian values as practised:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- persecution of gays
- Republican let-the-poor-starve capitalism
- religious intolerance
Is Christianity a Choice?
Christians are always claiming that being gay is a choice. More to the point, is Christianity a choice, or are children so abused, brainwashed and browbeaten by their Christian parents they have no choice?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christianity as Criminal Organisation
Christianity advertises itself as good, beneficent and non violent. Yet it behaves like a criminal organisation. It uses threats of torture. It demands unquestioning obedience. It extorts money using threats and false promises. It intimidates parents into handing their children over to be raped. It encourages the killing of gays. Its god commands almost every crime known to man. None of this is secret, but somehow they are not considered a religious Mafia.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christianity is Falling Back
It can be depressing the march of the Christians, trampling the constitution, successfully selling their bleeding nonsense by trashing science, killing gays, driving gay teens to suicide, molesting children and meddling in the lives of non-believers. Recall though there was once a time when anyone who cast the least doubt on their dogmas was burned alive. Bit by bit, starting from that unpromising beginning we have beaten them back with reason.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Is Christianity Harmful?
I contend Christianity is harmful to those who believe it. Consider:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- You will become a bigot vis a vis gay people.
- You will likely become arrogant as one of God’s chosen and believe you have the right to control other people’s end-of-life events, organ donations, abortions, birth control and sex lives.
- You will lose your existing friends sick of you misinterpreting your life in purely Christian terms.
- You will tend to rely on God or Jesus to help you out of difficult situations. E.g. to pay the rent, to protect you from car accidents, to heal your child, to ward off criminals, to succeed in gambling. The problem is Christians receive no more supernatural help than anyone else, so all this does is make you waste time procrastinating with prayer.
Christianity Inspires Bad Behaviour
Why does Christianity make people behave worse than they would otherwise?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- It makes them arrogant. They believe they have an exclusive corner on truth, when in actuality all they have is myths.
- It encourages them to persecute blacks, gays, Jews and Christians of other sects.
- It teaches them bogus science which makes them to stupid things like ignore global warming.
- It makes them refuse to take responsibility for things like preserving forests and clean air. They imagine god will look after it.
- It makes them ignore serious dangers like nuclear war because they image god will take care of it.
- They imagine wrong doing does not matter since they believe they can neutralise it just by confession.
- They let priests molest children imagining priests have some magical power to punish them.
- They let things slide, since they imagine all will be just jake after they die, so this actual life does not matter.
- It makes them snobs by convincing them they are better than other people.
- They learn a picky set of rules, that don’t really matter they can use to put down others and thus ignore their own failings.
- Their unsubstantiated notions about souls make them sure they have the right to impose their irrational beliefs about contraception, abortion and stem cells on other people.
Christianity Like Possession
I look on Christianity as a sort of mental illness. Christians might understand better if I said it was a bit like demonic possession, taking over people’s rational thinking, making them attack homosexuals and reject all modern science. I blame Christianity not the Christians. I hope some day we will find a cure.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christianity As A Moral Code
You can’t use Christian morality as an absolute standard Why?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Non Christians will not accept it.
- It is hopelessly out of date. It covers only aspects of life that have not changed in the last 3000 years.
- It condones rape, murder, genocide, ripping wombs open, child sex slaves and stealing land. It requires animal and human sacrifice. It requires treachery.
- It calls for the death penalty things like eating shrimp or owl, cutting your lawn on Sunday, being raped, wearing socks of two fibres, being gay, committing adultery…
- Most of the text of the bible is about human and animal sacrifices to atone for sin or curry favour with god. This scapegoating is profoundly immoral.
- It is impractical — take no thought for the morrow, give away everything, you can’t be a judge unless you are without sin…
Christianity is No Excuse
I am tired of religion being used as a get-out-of-jail free card. You shouldn’t go beating up or killing gay people just because some hoary book told you to. You shouldn’t kill your kid by denying him medical care because your religion claims medicine has learned nothing in the last 3000 years. You should not attack your daughter and mutilate her genitals no matter what your religious customs. That should be treated as sexual assault.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Against Same Sex Marriage
In a debate between a Christian and a gay on 2015-05-22 on the CBC website, the gay argued that same sex marriage had no effect on the Christian, so it made no sense for the Christian to be so adamant in interfering. To my astonishment, the Christian countered that it did indeed have an effect. If same sex marriage were permitted, Jehovah would kill him with a volcano, just as he killed the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrha. This is paranoia. None of the countries that have already instituted gay marriage have had any unusual volcanic activity.
I thought nearly everybody knew that volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes… had natural causes. They are not divine punishments. Though we can find evidence of volcanoes going back millions of years, there is no evidence for Sodom and Gomorrha. It is a religious myth.
Freedom of religion means other people may not impose their religious myths and superstitions on you. The constitution insists the law cannot be used to impose religious superstition. So bugger off, Christians. You are grasping at straws to justify your hateful bigotry.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians and Disease
Originally when anything went wrong with the body, Christians felt terrified and ascribed it to demons. Today they are superstitions mainly about problems with the brain and the genitals. They had a fear of left handed people even though it was not a disease. Today they fear homosexuals even though that too is not a disease. They crave killing gays based on an old superstition that doing so will prevent earthquakes. They panic on encountering children who do not have one of two canonically formed genital patterns. Christians are so backward, they are like people living on a island who have yet to encounter fire.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians and Scapegoats
Christian bigots and scapegoats go together like ham and eggs. The chosen scapegoat group has changed over time:
- Protestants (for Catholics) and Catholics (for Protestants)
- black people
In each case, Christian bigots wanted someone to lord it over so they could feel important and especially loved by their god. They used religion to justify their pointless, spiteful behaviour toward the scapegoat group. They always found ways to restrict the civil rights of the scapegoat group. They always found ways to force the is just more of the same in the scapegoat tradition. Today’s bigots are trying to set up a two-tier apartheid system for gays just like the one they had for blacks for so many centuries.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Are To Gays
Christians are to gays what Nazis are to Jews.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Are Responsible for Evil in the Bible
The Bible contains passages that encourage war, cruelty in war, slavery and persecuting blacks and gays. The church has always refused to amend, repudiate or reinterpret these passages. They are thus responsible for the evil that flowed from such verses in the bible.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Are a Special Case
Christians think there should be a special exception to the separation of church and state only for Christians. They demand the right impose Christian superstitions on gay people, to point of harassing, driving them to suicide and murdering them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Behaving Badly
The Christian USA has hundreds of times more murders than atheist Japan. The Christian USA swamps atheist Sweden in rapes, teen pregnancies, divorces… This is not what Christians claim. Why are Christians behaving so badly?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Their gods are a bad role model. Jehovah is cruel, sadistic, capricious. Jesus puts no value on family stability or caring for your children.
- Their belief in eternal life makes them put little value on the life of others. You are not really killing someone, even a baby.
- They are automatically required to be bigots in the matter of gay equality.
- Because they believe they are superior to everyone else, and in possession of the truth, they bully others to conform with their notions about end-of-life, organ donations, contraception, abortion…
- In the USA, Christianity is splintered with greed/prosperity cults and televangelist material excess.
- They have the notion of confession, where the effects of any crime are discreetly and magically undone and forgiven. This removes remorse as a motive to avoid wrongdoing. Confession was invented in the middle ages as a mini indulgence.
Christians Copy Hitler on Gays
Christians have the same policy toward gays as Hitler had. Yet almost nobody calls them on it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Demand Right To Be Evil
Christians demand the right to bully homosexuals, to teach their children to bully them and to block anyone from telling their children otherwise, based on nothing more than this is the tradition of their faith. The bullying take the form of calumny, threats, violence and interfering in who can marry whom. In general, the law respects this demand and requires homosexuals tolerate Christian bullying. Yet if a bigot expressed an actual reason for bullying homosexuals, we would slap him with a hate crime. We have this backwards.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Deserve a Swift Kick in the Pants
People sometimes chastise me for being tough on Christians. I figure they deserve it. I am gay. They have threatened to kill me over 3000 times. They have tried to get me fired, kicked out my apartment and put in jail. They have abused me over the phone about 400,000 times. Historically, they burned us gays alive. Even today, from time to time they still crucify us ( Matthew Shepard ).~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Do Change Their Minds
A few Christians admit the bible is barbaric in its treatment of gay people. However, they say, it cannot under any circumstances be changed. It is god’s word, not man’s. Bollox! Christians have changed their minds on a great many things:
- No longer give the death penalty for adultery.
- No longer give the death penalty for swearing.
- No longer give the death penalty for being raped.
- No longer give the death penalty for sassing parents.
- No longer give the death penalty for working in your yard on Sunday.
- No longer use exorcism to deal with disease.
- No longer flog people who are ill because god has singled them out for punishment.
- No longer keep or beat slaves.
- They no longer claim that black people are cursed.
- No longer to unspeakable things to those who lend money at interest.
On top of that Christians ignore almost everything Jesus said. You Christians are sadistic bastards and you will use any phony excuse to keep scapegoating gays simply because you love creating misery. The only way you can feel good about yourselves is by putting others down. What a pathetic bunch of losers!~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Gold Plate Their Evil
When skinheads desecrate Jewish graves, beat up Jews or make up lies about Jews, the skinheads are aware they are evil and relish in it. When Christians do dissimilar things to gays, the Christians smugly imagine they are doing the work of the angels. They refuse to see themselves as mean-spirited criminal bigots.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
King David arranged to have his lieutenant killed so that he could have sex with the lieutenant’s wife. Lot got roaring drunk and screwed his daughters. Abraham listened to voices in his head and attempted to stab his young son to death in a sacrificial ritual. Jesus counseled avoiding work and sponging off others through begging. Paul was homophobic. Joseph, as an elderly man, married a teenage trophy wife. And these are the heroes. No wonder Christians have such a warped morality.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Ignore Biblical Morality
Christians tell me that only they understand morality because they got it direct from Jehovah. Atheists like me just make it up from common sense or by thinking about how I would like to be treated. Yet you if read the Old Testament, you will discover Christians ignore about 99% of what Jehovah had to say about what constitutes moral behaviour. They keep a few bits, like dutifully harassing gay people which I consider quite immoral behaviour.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Maltreat Gays
Christians are insanely cruel to gays. Whether gays have sex or not, Christians still claim they should be stoned to death, or if they are not so fundamentalist, at least persecuted. Whether gays have sex or not, Christians want to deny them equal civil rights. Even though the constitution says you may not force your religious beliefs/superstitions on others, Christians ignore that provision when it comes to gays. Christians accuse gays of promiscuity, then deny them the right to monogamous marriages. The only option Christians offer to gay men is to marry women, whom they feel no attraction to. Imagine the tables were reversed and gays treated Christians that way, offering them the only option of a same-sex marriage and barring them from marrying opposite sex Christians. This meddling is so irrational, since gay relationships have no effect on Christians whatsoever. The fear of same-sex relationships has no rational basis. It is just an ancient superstition, based on the faulty belief that same-sex relationships cause earthquakes.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians Welcome If…
Christians will be welcome back on planet earth when they learn to:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Do their fair share of the work protecting the environment including reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Stop tormenting gay people.
- Stop interfering in other people’s family planning and HIV prevention.
- Stop interfering in other people’s end-of-life decisions and organ transplants.
- Shut down their church-sponsored pedophile rings.
- Stop interfering with science education.
Dear Jehovah, as you know I estimate the likelihood of your existence to be considerably lower than that of Zeus. However, I am willing to reconsider my view, if you but grant me one of the following Christmas Prayers:
- Stephen Harper have a massive diarrhea attack in the middle of a live televised speech. Defeat is not nearly enough punishment for what he hid.
- That the kiddie porn and anal rape videos that Judge Hellerstein unsuccessfully tried to subpoena from George W. Bush show up on the Internet, along with hours of video showing W. whacking off while viewing them. After all, you allegedly have spies everywhere.
- That Marco Rubio have a loud and sustained farting fit while addressing a large Republican fundraiser, caught on video and broadcast on YouTube.
- That Dick Cheney have a stroke that leaves him completely paralysed, but fully conscious. They take him to the Hague to recover.
- That you send a plague of Ebola that harms only those who have killed or raped children, including soldiers and bombardiers. Let’s see some of that Old Tyme religion.
- That you manifest rainbows simultaneously visible from all over earth as a sign of apology for what your followers did to gays.
Matthew 18:19-20 says That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. According to Christians, if you pray these prayers above too, Jehovah has no choice but to answer them. If he does not answer, that proves the bible is not 100% true and the whole Christian edifice based on biblical infallibility crumbles.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Let’s look at the considerable achievements of the Catholic church over the centuries:
- Several waves of crusades where everyone in Jerusalem, man, woman or child of any religion were slaughtered. They considered this a purification in the name of Jesus.
- Invention of torture and burning alive for heresy.
- Invention of torture and burning alive for witchcraft.
- Invention of torture and burning alive for being gay.
- Fought science tooth and nail to this day.
- World largest and most successful pedophile ring.
- Conned billions from the world’s poorest promising they would be paid back manyfold after they died.
- Physically, sexually and mentally abused children in schools.
- Collaborated with Hitler.
- Helped finance the Mafia.
- Spread malicious lies about gays, science and atheists.
- Blocked anti bully programs in schools.
- Forced terminally ill people to endure pointless agony just prior to death.
- Spread superstitious nonsense about the biology of reproduction.
- Collected millions of dollars to help the poor then refused to spend it.
- Encouraged violence against gays, people who use contraception and people who have abortions.
- Harassed unmarried mothers.
And that is just some of the highlights.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Church and Gays
For hundreds of years the Catholic Church has scapegoated gay people. Originally they tortured them and burned them at the stake. Today they encourage bullying, persecution, denial of civil rights and sometimes murder. To this day they refuse to disown sections of bible calling for killing gay people. The persecution occurs when the victim is merely suspected of a thought crime, being attracted to a member of the same sex, an act that harms no one. The hypocrisy is, the church itself is crawling with closeted gays and pedophiles. The Catholic church is the biggest pedophile ring on the planet arranging fresh victims for rape and terrifying the children with threats of eternal damnation. It not just a few bad apples. Covering for each other is endemic and systematic and reaches all the way to the top — Pope Ratzinger. It is absolutely astounding that the public still tolerates such an intensely evil institution.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The churches welcome all manner of sinners: adulterers, child molesters, thieves, con men, drunkards, child beaters, wife beaters, drug addicts… but they utterly refuse to welcome homosexuals unless they join the clergy. It looks like this policy is intended primarily as a stick to enlist unencumbered recruits for low-paying jobs in the clergy.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
Churches Fight Population Control
Human population has exploded to the point where many starve, we are drowning in waste, despoiling our forests and cooking ourselves to death with greenhouse gas emissions. The moral thing to do is obviously to curb reproduction, but the churches fight everything that helps reduce population growth, including condoms, birth control, the morning after pill, abortion, small families, childless couples, gay couples, working women… Why? Because they don’t care about the earth, just about increasing the number of gullible tithers.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Uncomeout gays like to masquerade as straight and harass out gays. This way they can be around gays safely. They do not need to commit to any gay activity. In a similar way, uncomeout atheists harass atheists. Atheists treat them with hostility, not realising they are the best candidates for conversion.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Atheists in the USA today are in much the same position gays were in 1970. Nearly everyone is in the closet. This creates the illusion that every atheist is the only one in town. An atheist business owner has to keep his thoughts secret. If they got out, he would lose his business.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
It is ironic that a country with as many religious bigots as the USA would exclude gays from military service. They consider them, like university students, too valuable to waste as fodder in pointless wars.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Complaints With Christians
I am fed up with Christians meddling in my life. Where do you go to vote them off the island? Here are some of my complaints with them in descending order:
- Discrimination against gays must stop. It is illegal. We must not continue to let Christians get away with advocating murder and hate speech against gays. Just because they break the law out of religious hatred should not give them a get-out-of-jail-free card.
- Christians must stop interfering with marriages between gays. Christians are not affected in any way so have no right to meddle. They have no right to cherry pick their bible and use it as an excuse to persecute minorities, originally blacks, now gays. We have freedom of religion and freedom from religion and that includes freedom from the most hateful religion of them all — Christianity.
- Christians must stop interfering in other people’s end-of-life decisions.
- Disband churches that aid and abet threats and violence against children to force them into sexual acts.
- Christians must stop interfering in other people’s abortions. Their objections are based on a religious superstition that a disembodied consciousness, a ghost, called a soul, possesses the body at conception and leaves it at death. There is not one iota of evidence to substantiate this nonsense.
- Christians must stop interfering in other people’s contraception. It is none of their business.
- Christians must stop interfering in organ transplants.
- Christians must stop teaching junk science in public schools.
- The government must stop giving religious lobbyists, i.e. politically active churches, tax breaks than other lobbyists do not get.
- Churches should get the exact same tax breaks other organisations get, only breaks for their charitable works, not just for being a church.
- Full disclosure of how religious donations are spent.
- Protect children from Christian parents doing harmful things to them for religious reasons, such as denying medical care for snake bites.
- Prosecute faith healers for false claims, just as any other false advertiser.
- Make it illegal to proselytize to other people’s children without their parents’ explicit signed permission.
- No circumcision, male or female, without consent.
- The Pope must formally disown the parts of the bible that demand criminal behaviour or that encourage hate toward various minority groups.
- A moratorium on Christmas music and Christmas programming one day in seven during December. It is nauseating, like a diet of pure high fructose corn syrup. It in unfair of Christians to impose the torture on others without relief.
These reforms apply mostly to Christians, but, of course, any changes in law would not single them out.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why do Christians imagine married gays are so much more sodomical than swinging singles? Don’t they realise marriage always reduces sexual activity?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Confusing God and the Bible
The bible is a book written by anonymous men. Some claim these men were inspired by god named Jehovah. Now watch a preacher pull a sleight of mouth. The bible says we should not suffer homosexuals to live. God demands that we rid the world of homosexuality. Some men say we should be tolerant of these perverts. Whom should you trust man or god? There is no evidence at all that god had anything to do with writing the bible, much less certainty. All that is certain is what the bible states, not what god wants. Preachers argue by repeated assertion that the bible is the word of god, but they can’t give you any reasons at all why that might be so. Granted, the bible claims to be the word of god, however it is trivially easy to make such a preposterous claim. I make it now, everything I have written on this website represents the word of God, but I hope it is obvious that making an outrageous claim in writing does not make it any more likely to be true.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Consequences of an Imbalance of Males
If a paternalistic culture adopts modern technology to increase the proportion of boys born there are consequences they may not have considered. In a culture where females are rare, what are the males without partners to do? Gay couples may become more prevalent (an anathema to these cultures), more prostitution, or polyandry or celibacy. To the degree of the success of the imbalance, many of these males will not reproduce. Sex selection is an odd form of delayed population control. So perhaps the best thing to do with such a prejudiced culture is just let it go voluntarily extinct.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians are well aware their beliefs are counter-to-fact. That is why they brazenly resort to lying and misrepresenting the opposition and other tricks of obfuscation. So what’s going on?
They believe the Christian story is untrue, but necessary to control other people’s behaviour.
I recall once a Christian saying to me What’s to stop you from raping and pillaging if it were not for fear of eternal torment after death? I replied, I have no desire to rape and pillage and I don’t think you do either. We like people. We don’t want to hurt them.
Maybe Christians have fleeting thoughts of raping and pillaging and they truly do believe the remote possibility of eternal torment is what holds them in check. Perhaps they secretly have become obsessed with the forbidden fruit of homosexuality. St. Paul seemed to think that once anyone had tried it they would never go back.
In summary, I think Christians are far more concerned about others abandoning Christian beliefs than they are concerned about their own doubts. They are not nearly as convinced of the literal truth of the bible as the pretend to be. They put on that show for social approval and for faking certainty in debate.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians like to claim their religion came fresh from the lips of Jesus. But it was nothing like this:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Various groups competed to define the Christian doctrines, and burned the works of their rivals and rewrote their sect’s books.
- Christianity became the official religion of ancient Rome.
- Christianity became a nation that attacked its neighbours.
- Christianity ordered soldiers to kill everyone living in Jerusalem in the Crusades.
- Christianity became the biggest pedophile ring on the planet.
- Some branches defined killing homosexuals as the most important Christian duty.
Let’s say you placed a classified ad that said Everyone, let’s gather at 1234 Main Street, the home of John Smith Thursday evening at 9 PM. We will drag him from his house, and beat him to death so that his head is just a pulp.. You likely would get a visit from the police. However, if you were a Christian who put out millions of books calling for stoning any gay person or non-virgin bride to death, you would get away with this. I don’t think you should be allowed to get away with counseling murder, especially since thousands of people every year take these fatwas literally. Christians should have to repudiate these illegal commandments in their bibles. They could leave them for historical interest, but they should make it clear the church no longer recommends murder. If they refuse, the church should be disbanded and the clergy imprisoned.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Creating Unspeakable Taboos
One technique the church has used to persecute and exploit others is to convince people that certain topics are unspeakable, e.g. homosexuality and pedophilia. The children were then defenseless against the sexual abuse by priests. Gay people imagined they were alone in the world with nobody they could talk to.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The churches are criminal organisations:
- They physically abuse children in their care.
- They forcibly sexually molest children.
- They promote hate crimes against homosexuals.
- They con people out of money with false promises.
- They are medical quacks.
- They foster delusions and other forms of mental illness with hypnotic techniques.
Anyone else pulling off stunts like that would be jailed or run out of town.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
It is quite amazing that people will admit to being Christian. Usually people hide the fact they belong to a criminal organisation.
- The church runs the world’s largest pedophile ring.
- It cons more money out of the elderly than any other criminal organisation.
- It cons more out of the poor in the third word than any other organisation.
- It is the only criminal organisation to openly advocate denying of constitutional rights, murder and violence against homosexuals.
- It cons those with serious illness in the promise of miracle cures.
- It shills for the petroleum industry, lying that there is no need to be concerned about greenhouse gas emissions.
It operates its scams brazenly in the open. Its power is so great, few dare to challenge it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christianity, Islam and Hinduism formally command their adherents to commit crimes, e.g. kill gay people, kill people who leave the faith, kill people who mock religious claims… To my way of thinking, this puts them in the same category as motorcycle gangs like the Hell’s Angels. We should force them to either formally renounce these criminal acts, or as a last resort, we should declare belonging to these organisations a criminal act.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Criminally Insane Christians
Even in this day, some churches still teach that natural disasters and plagues are caused by angering the god Jehovah by failure to kill homosexuals. These church leaders are insane, (they are confused about right and wrong), but because their delusions are popular, they are not incarcerated along with other criminally insane people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The United States promotes religions each year with tax breaks to the tune of $70 billion dollars. Most of that expenditure has negative effect e.g. conning the poorest people, encouraging anti-homosexual bigotry, meddling in the end-of-life decisions of non-believers, interfering with organ transplants, meddling in the birth control decisions of non-believers, providing mansions and private jets for charlatans like Peter Popoff, promoting fraudulent healing methods, aiding and abetting child rapists…
In contrast, America spends 1/10th that much, $7 billion a year on the National Science Foundation.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I am astounded that Christians can lovingly finger a cross. They have forgotten what that symbol means:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- It is a torture and killing device. Imagined it replaced with a tiny jeweled electric chair or some medieval torture device.
- It was used for human sacrifice. The idea is to offer dead bodies to Jehovah to placate him in return for favours.
- It was used to kill an innocent man, based on the utterly insane idea this would undo the consequences of wrong doing of others.
- It calls for the murder of gay people for no reason. Hitler did this too. Christian think when they do it, there is something virtuous about it, but it is just as crazy.
Cruel Christian Parents
You have likely seen those kitschy images of Jesus with a bleeding heart. Yet Christians are such cold-hearted bastards they throw they own children onto the street merely for being born gay. 30 to 51 percent of the youth you see on the street were tossed out of their homes with just the clothes on their back by Christian parents.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians love to fantasise about god destroying the earth, especially the atheists, gays and Muslims. They have been crying wolf for over 2000 years. There are many more probable mega catastrophes including global warming, coronal mass ejections, super volcanoes, massive earthquakes, supernova gamma radiation and even an asteroid collision.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Fundamentalist Christian preachers have an absurd level of homophobia. Like Hitler, they want all gay people put to death by the most painful means they can think of. Listening to their fulminations can be quite amusing, however they are not harmless. Why?
- Their hate speech encourages and exonerates gay bashing which sometimes ends in torture and death.
- Their hate speech encourages young gays that they are so hated and so unworthy that they commit suicide.
- They have worked tirelessly in Africa to have their obsession for killing gays made part of civil law.
The golden rule advises doing unto others what you would have them do unto you. Fundamentalist preachers are thus advertising the way they want to be treated is to be kept on the straight and narrow by being put to death for any violations of God’s law in the Old Testament such as:
- eating shellfish and lobsters
- wearing garments of more than one type of fibre
- working in the garden on Sunday
- non-virgin brides
- owning a statue, drawing or photograph
- commands killing whole villages if even one non-believer or believer in a different religion lives there.
- speaking while female
- owl-eating, and eating about 100 other species.
I think it is time to treat such hate speech the same way we treat non-religious hate speech, threats and counseling to suicide. These hateful old goats deserve to be treated for the criminals they are.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Cure for Bible Fear: Read it All
If you have any fears based on what people have told you about the bible and after death torment of gays, try reading the bible cover to cover. You will discover it is 90% blithering nonsense, including the parts about gays. Further, probe any evidence God had anything to with authoring it. There is none; it was written mainly by people, who today would be on anti-psychotic drugs. The endless repeated assertions do not make it any more true. Fear of lurid biblical threats is as silly as fear of Bram Stoker’s Dracula. It is just a book, proven inaccurate over and over and over.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Cure for Homophobia
Homophobia is a species of Xenophobia. Therefore the cure is familiarity.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Dangerous Christian Ideas
The most dangerous Christian ideas:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Gay people should be killed or at least persecuted.
- The world is going to end soon, so there is no need to take care of it.
- Priests should be exempt from the laws against pedophilic rape.
- The bible is an infallible source of scientific and moral knowledge.
- Fulfilling biblical prophesies to bring on global nuclear war is a Good Thing™ since it means lunch with Jesus.
- Be fruitful and multiply even when the earth cannot support the offspring.
- All other species are here purely to serve man.
The Dark Ages
We know what happens when you let Christians impose their religion on everyone. We call that time when science was suppressed, gays were burned alive, abortion and contraception were illegal and heresy was a capital offence, the dark ages. Americans appear to be withdrawing from the world to retreat into a neo dark age cocoon of self-imposed ignorance and squalor.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Dark Side of Sally Ann
The Salvation Army gets good press. Many people do not know it is a church with services and collections. It is strongly anti-gay. It forces the indigent to engage in Christian religious magic ceremonies in return for food or shelter.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Death of Religion, A Good Thing
Here are some of the reasons I think it would be a good thing if religion vanished from earth:
- persecution of homosexuals.
- sexual and physical abuse of children by clergy.
- beating children.
- blocking birth control.
- refusing medical care to children, insisting on prayer only.
- lying that condoms are ineffective in preventing HIV.
- exploitation of the poor and elderly.
- Making promises they cannot possibly keep — medical cures, eternal bliss…
- interference with other people’s end-of-life decisions.
- interfering with organ transplants.
- interfering with other people’s abortion decisions, including forcing children to bear products of rape, of incest or when the fetus is non-viable.
- interfering with other people’s choice of life partner.
- non-consensual male circumcision.
- false teaching about science and evolution.
- lying about the infallibility of the bible.
- forcing non-believers to participate in religious ceremonies.
- I have not included female circumcision and honour killings because they are more cultural than religious superstitions.
You don’t need religion to have morals. If you can’t determine right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians often assert that I will convert to Christianity on my death bed. I find that a strange prediction, akin to predicting I would switch political affiliations. Even if I converted to a religion, Christianity would be my last choice. I detest it. It encourages evil. It is a giant con to defraud the gullible, especially the poor. It runs the world’s biggest pedophile ring. It is proven bogus. It tells extravagant lies, even for a religion. It teaches its followers to harass and murder gays like me. It has absolutely nothing to recommend it, not even comprehensibility.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Debating Christian Bigots
I have been debating with anti-gay bigots since 1969. Their most common arguments are:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The bible says we are supposed to kill you gays. I point out the scores of other people the bible says to kill in the surrounding verses they ignore.
- If gays are allowed to marry it ruins my marriage. If you blame a gay couple you have never met for your failed marriage, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses.
- Gay people molest children. Not nearly as often as heterosexuals. Look at the stats. It is logical. Gay men like masculine things. Heterosexual men like feminine things. Children, even boys, have feminine characteristics like high pitched voices, no body hair, small size, lack of musculature. Pedophiles are nearly always heterosexual.
- Gay people are promiscuous. Therefore we should kill you or at least stop them from marrying. Discrimination frightens many gays into avoiding living with a fellow male. They avoid telling anyone else their name and where they live, from having friends. Discrimination is driving the promiscuity. Marriage is the #1 antidote to promiscuity. Why are you refusing to use it?
- When I think about gay men having sex, I feel really icky. They should not be allowed to do it. I used to feel that way too, but it was because I was conflicted, both simultaneously attracted and repelled. Nobody is demanding you watch. Just stop interfering. Did it ever occur to you that heterosexual porn is revolting to gays, but we gays can’t get away from it? It is absolutely everywhere. Every movie goes on and on and on with boring, revolting heterosexual coupling. Most ads drip with it. We gays don’t do that to you.
- If you are gay, you must have HIV. If you come near me, sit beside me on the bus, give me a cup of coffee, hug me… I will get it. I must therefore have you killed, or at least blocked from marriage, to protect myself. If HIV were that easy to get, you would gave got it decades ago. There are special receptor cells in a very few spots on your body. If you avoid unprotected anal or vaginal sex, you won’t get it. Further stopping gays from marrying encourages promiscuity and hence HIV.
- Homosexuality is contagious. We must isolate you, especially from children, or anyone who comes in contact with you will be instantly converted. I see you subscribe to St. Paul’s prairie fire theory that homosexuality is more appealing even to heterosexual males. These conversions simply do not happen. Darwin can explain why it can’t. Consider that I was raised surrounded 100% by heterosexual people and it did not flip me. Nearly all gay people are the spawn of two heterosexuals. Sexual preference is hard-wired into the brain while you are still a toddler. If homosexuality seems all that appealing to you, consider the possibility you are gay and this fierce attraction you feel is not universal.
Some day we are going to castrate you all to keep you from reproducing your kind.~ Bert Price, (born:1907-04-10 died:1986 at age:79), cabinet minister in the Socred Government at an all-candidates meeting in 1972. Mr. Price needed a lesson in biology about where homosexuals come from.
- AIDS is god’s punishment on gay people. Lesbians have much lower rates of HIV than heterosexual men or women. The fastest growing group are young heterosexual females. Especially when you look at the whole world, blacks are disproportionately represented. Are you telling me your Jehovah likes lesbians better than straights and has it in for blacks?
- The bee in your bonnet boils down to religious indoctrination. The rules of your religion only apply to yourself and other Christians. Freedom of religion means other people have the right to live by other rules, and are not required to live by yours. Your rules are just nutty superstitions intended for you, nobody else.
Debating with Criminals
It is difficult for Christians and gays to debate civilly because each considers the other to be a proud criminal.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The bible calls for killing gays. Modern Christian who do not are risking their eternal souls. Right decent of them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Deciding to be Straight
If gays chose to be gay then straights much have chosen to be straight. I have never met anyone who remembers making either decision. I have heard of people noticing their strong attraction for the first time. It felt overwhelming, not a choice.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Definition of Freedom Of Religion
In Canada, freedom of religion means freedom to persecute homosexuals.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Definition of God
God: noun, the imaginary deity of homophobia. Bigots allege it orders them to persecute and kill homosexuals. Others excuse them their crimes when they feign religious motivation this way. It is odd there are not similar deities for child rapists and thieves.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Definition of Progress
The progress of civilisation is mainly about dropping rigid rules and misconceptions of ancient religions. We have seen slavery, prejudice against blacks, suppression of women and persecution of gays dropping away.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Definition of Religion
Religion is just another name for tradition, an ingrained habit. It is used to excuse all manner of wrongful behaviour including animal cruelty, beating up children, treating women as inferiors, persecuting gays and members of other religions, stealing land… Freedom of religion should protect you when you want to perform ceremonies, sing traditional songs, dress in traditional clothing etc. It should not give you special licence to make others miserable or to impose your religion on others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Definition of Religion
Religion primarily is an excuse to shit on other people and feel profoundly virtuous about it. Christians shit on gays and women and sometimes blacks. Mormons shit on blacks and women. Catholics shit on Protestants. Protestants shit on Catholics. Bigotry is just as ugly whether or not it is done in the name of religion.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Delusion and Denial
Christians are delusional because they believe things that are not so, like a god will punish them with earthquakes if they are not sufficiently cruel to homosexuals. Christians are in denial because they refuse to believe things that are so, like evolution.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Demanding Unwarranted Respect
Muslims demand special treatment. They want everyone else to pretend respect for their prophet and their holy book the Qur’an on pain of death. Jews demand special treatment. They want people put in jail who question their view of the holocaust. They want people who point out the cruelty of their god Jehovah or criticise Israel to be considered hate criminals. Christians demand special treatment. They want their religious views on contraception, abortion, homosexuality, organ donation and end-of-life decisions imposed on everyone else. These people are all stark raving bonkers. They believe things that are patently untrue. They have no right to be controlling a dog, much less fellow humans.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Back in the middle ages, each church was convinced it alone had a handle on the truth and to defend that truth, they believed they needed to kill anyone who said otherwise. Pope Urban II sent Christians off to kill everyone, Jew, Muslim and Christian living in Jerusalem. King Henry VIII, with his state religion, tortured to death anyone who did not act sufficiently loyal to his new church. The Spanish Inquisition used some of the most fiendish tortures ever devised to punish heretics.
The founders of the USA decided they had to put a stop to this madness. They arranged an un-easy truce known as separation of church and state, where each religion would be left alone to indoctrinate its children with whatever nonsense they pleased, but in return they could not force their religion on others and the state would be legally bound not to impose any religion on the populace.
The evangelical religions are breaking this truce. They are attempting to enforce their strange, completely unsupported, religious dogmas about abortion, contraception, evolution, geology, astronomy, homosexuality and sex on everyone. They are trying to make it legal to bully homosexuals and even to bully children if they do it in the name of persecuting homosexuals. They want to persecute homosexuals and force them to marry people they have no attraction to.
But what is most bizarre of all is these loons are claiming religious persecution because everyone does not roll over and let them impose their religious beliefs on the entire country with force of law.
These people are out and out demented and dangerous. Look at their history! Their beliefs are irrational without any foundation or evidence. It is high time to take the gloves off and fight back. If they are going to behave that way, they should be forced to give up the right to spread their poisonous doctrines to their own children, in much the same way we would not permit skinhead parents to indoctrinate children in the hatred of Jews. They should be prosecuted and convicted of hate crimes. Their nutty beliefs should be ruthlessly ridiculed. They have not treated others with respect so they don’t deserve any back.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I have seen sure-fire arguments for the non-existence of gods fail when presented to Christians. I have seen them repeatedly close their eyes when presented with errors and blatant inconsistencies in the bible asserting they cannot possibly be there. Even when they have no rebuttal, they wriggle out saying, something like There must be an explanation. How could you expect a humble servant of god like me to know it. or That sounds convincing, but probably I am too stupid to understand such mysteries. You should talk to my pastor.. What alternate sorts of arguments might work?
- Demonstrate that belief in Christianity makes people more judgemental, greedier, more likely to steal, more likely to rape, more likely to molest children, more likely to commit murder, more likely to be a war criminal.
- Demonstrate that non-Christians are happier and more prosperous.
- Demonstrate that other people are laughing at them behind their backs for their medieval beliefs.
- Convince them that aiding and abetting the Christian con makes them no better than any other con man.
- Viciously ridicule them. Christianity convinces losers to feel superior to people with more skills and talents that they have. Show them you are not buying it. You consider them cretins, bumpkins, idiots.
- Point out that even if Jehovah exists, he has utterly ignored them. Never once has he done a damn thing to help no matter how terrible things got. The only help they ever got was from other people.
- Explain to them in detail how the Christian con works to relieve them of their time and money and hand over their children to be molested and how it conscripts them to infect others. Show them it gives them nothing in return but empty promises.
Perhaps the key is understanding why they are so addicted to Christianity despite all reason:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They treasure the fellowship of family and friends based on Christianity.
- The fear of after death torment is so great it overpowers all reason. It is like other phobias.
- It gives them a reason to feel superior to others, even if they have no special skills.
- It gives the licence to be as nasty as they please to gays and feel profoundly virtuous about it.
- They want to reunite with dead loved ones. They don’t want to give up that fantasy. Even the most intense faith does not help one bit make this lie true.
- They don’t want to give up the fantasy of a kitchen in heaven with easy-to-clean gold surfaces.
Denying Equal Rights
In the USA, married gay couples are denied 1138 benefits given to mixed-sex couples, including the right to estate-tax free inheritance on the death of spouse. How do religious Americans justify this unconstitutional unequal treatment? Their religion teaches them it is virtuous to beat up, cheat and even kill gay people. Basically, they don’t like gay people and thus feel no obligation to treat gays fairly. I despise Christians, but never in a million years would I call for them to be denied equal civil rights with other citizens or would I call for schools to teach students to beat them up.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Denying Same Sex Couples
On 2012-05-08 the people of North Carolina voted 61% to 39% to deny all legal recognition of same sex couples — no marriage, no civil unions, no pensions, no wills, no recognition of the relationships in any form by amending the state constitution. Two groups were behind the initiative: fundamentalist Christians and Black churches.
You might think they had a religious objection to gay people and believed they had a religious obligation to impose their religious beliefs, superstitions, taboos and torments on them, but that is not true, any more than those who quoted Genesis 9:25-27 to justify slavery had a religious objection. These phony Christians have only a religious excuse for persecution.
Whether gays are permitted to marry or not has zero effect on the marriages of those who oppose it. The bigots will never interact with married same sex couples. There is no self-interest here, just pure malice.
In my gay lib days I received on average of 350 abusive phone calls and 3 death threats a day. If the callers were motivated by religion, surely they would have made a pitch to accept Jesus. Nope. They just enjoyed dumping on me and feeling thoroughly virtuous quoting Leviticus 18:22 decorated with obscenity. They all have a bullying problem. Christians are simply using gays as their scapegoat, just like Nazis use Jews, or Jews use Palestinians. Bullies will even go after children they suspect belong (or will belong) to the scapegoat group. These hypocrites have been wrapping themselves in the bible, pretending they are motivated by high moral principles, but they are just garden variety bullies.
But what’s with the black churches? Don’t they know that gay people helped them gain equality? Don’t they remember what is like to be denied full personhood? Auden observed, Those to whom evil is done do evil in return. The blacks in these churches are simply choosing their own scapegoat and persecuting as they were persecuted. The Jews did the same thing when they became free. They started persecuting the Palestinians. However, I still don’t excuse them for this. In the Luke 10:11 sense, I wipe the dust from my feet in contempt for these bigot bullies.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians maintain their beliefs not with logic or evidence but with stories, myth, songs and drama. The way to free them from delusion then may require using stories, myth, songs and drama, including fantasies of after death judgement where they get their come-uppance for tormenting gays, excluding women from decision-making, meddling, militarism and other Christian vices.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Difference Between Gay and Atheists Coming Out
When a gay person comes out, it might help gay tolerance, but it won’t influence anyone to become gay. When an atheist comes out, it could well encourage dozens of Christians to abandon their superstition.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
For the 59% of Americans who believe that religion is primarily about living a good life and doing the right thing, they must find it frightening when atheists say it would be a good thing if earth dropped all religion. Perhaps we atheists should formulate our opposition as disdaining:
- believing without evidence
- blind faith
- belief counter to common sense or established scientific fact
- lying about science
- cruelty in the name of religion
We atheists are even more in favour of treating our neighbours fairly than Christians are (Christians usually make exceptions for blacks, gays, women or children.) We have no objection to the music, the rituals or the special foods.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religions have various dirty tricks to lock people into the faith:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Christians and Muslims threaten those who reject the faith with eternal torture.
- Muslims kill those who leave the faith.
- Muslims have schools where young boys are forced to memorise the Qur’an.
- Buddhists insist all young boys become monks.
- Hindus jail people who question miracles.
- Jehovah’s witnesses block all contact with family and friends if you leave the faith.
- Jews try to get you to move to an apartheid theocracy called Israel. There you will have no contact with anyone but fellow Jews.
- Orthodox Jews and Hare Krishnas make you wear your hair and dress in a ridiculous way so that pretty well no one will have anything to do with you but fellow believers.
- Young Sikhs, Christians and Muslims bond by beating up, killing and harassing gay people. This is illegal. If someone were to leave the faith, these crimes could be revealed, much like the Skull & Bones fraternity.
- Christians teach the flock that believing without evidence is more virtuous that believing for a reason.
Disband all the Churches
In balance, mankind would be better off if all the Christian churches disbanded. Why?
- They encourage followers to discriminate against, persecute and beat up gay people. In my years as a gay rights activist, I received 3,200 death threats from these loons.
- They interfere with efforts to control the HIV epidemic.
- They interfere with efforts to slow the population explosion.
- They spew FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) about global warming which will kill as all if they succeed.
- They spread lies about evolution, astronomy and other sciences. They interfere in what they have no understanding of, such as stem cell research.
- They are trying to destroy the great truce — the separation of church and state.
- They con the foolish, elderly and poor out of their life savings.
- They aided and abetted child abuse both physical and sexual and helped priests find ever more fresh victims. This alone is sufficient justification to disband both the Catholic and Anglican sects.
Alain de Botton, in his book Religion for Atheists: A Non-believer’s Guide to the Uses of Religion suggests extracting the good of Christianity, e.g. the fellowship and singing and ignoring the insanity, inanity and cruelty. That is like ignoring the crimes of the Mafia because they run good pizza restaurants.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Do As I Say
Jehovah is big on do as I say, not as I do.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- He condemns adultery, then impregnates a married woman.
- he condemns killing, then orders dozens of genocides.
- He makes very specific rules for humane slaughter, then drowns all the animals of earth how have done nothing to deserve this fate.
- In the story of the Good Samaritan, he advocated treating all nationalities fairly, then slaughters any people living on land that his pet Jews covet.
- He calls for the killing of homosexuals, but treats David and Jonathan as specially blessed.
Christianity teaches some dodgy ethics:
- Confession: The effects of a crime can be erased by some magic incantations.
- Scapegoating: If you make person A suffer, it undoes the effects of person B’s crimes.
- Sinless gods: You can commit genocide sinlessly if you have sufficient status.
- Afterlife: It does not really matter if you kill someone because they will live forever anyway.
- Exclusivity: Anyone but your in-group will be tortured for eternity, so you might as well give them a foretaste.
- Gays: It is your religious duty to kill gay people, or at least make their lives as miserable as possible.
Christians really have some cheek complaining about atheists.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians over the centuries have been willing to kill homosexual based on the superstition their presence causes earthquakes. Yet they have absolutely no concern about the earthquakes proven caused by fracking.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Pat Robertson assures us we must kill all homosexuals or else Jehovah will kill everyone with earthquakes. That is silly. Everyone knows earthquakes are caused when Poseidon strikes the earth with his trident.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Effect Of Religion
The science I have read says religion makes 1/3 of people behave better and 2/3 worse.
My personal experience is that Christians are the most obnoxious people on earth. That is because I am gay I received 3,200 death threats from them.
Claiming that Christianity is a virtue is like claiming the KKK enhances morality if you ignore the fact they lynch blacks. The #1 tenet of Christian belief is harming homosexuals. It is about the only thing left in the bible that anyone takes seriously any more.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Enforcing the Law on Christians
If we can demand that churches stop the persecution of Jews, surely we can ask them to stop persecuting gay people. It is already illegal. All we have to do is enforce the laws on professional Christians too.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Equal Rights for All
Republicans want to deny gays civil rights because gays are wrong. Well, I think Christian and Republicans are a hundred times as evil as gays. By their goofy reasoning, we should deny Christians and Republicans every conceivable civil right, including the right to vote. It does not work that way. The constitution guarantees all citizens equal rights.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Escaping from Christianity
Attempting to use logic on Christians to get them to abandon their faith will not work because nobody reasoned them into it. How do Christians ever escape?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They get away from the smothering affect of family and church socialising when they go to college and meet people who believe quite different things that they do. Their new friends don’t even consider the beliefs of the narrow faith a remote possibility.
- They discover they are gay. They decide that life with fellow gays will be much more pleasant than either suicide or living with people of the faith who will always treat them badly.
- To get by in the practical world, they have to use science that conflicts with faith. At some point they realise they have more trust in their GPS (Global Positioning System) unit to guide them safely than stories about Moses.
- They are confronted by the loss of a loved one. It makes no sense in term of punishment. They did nothing to deserve this. No god would behave this way.
- They confront suffering or violence or sadism on a mass scale. What all-powerful god would refuse to help? Either the god has a heart of stone, in which case he does not deserve worship or he does not exist, in which case worship would be silly.
- They meet someone who is utterly certain their beliefs are absurd. It causes them to ruminate on why they believe them to be true and they discover there is nothing holding them up.
Everyone Is Going To Hell
According to Revelation 14:3-4, everyone goes to hell except 140,000 males who have never been with women, presumably all children or homosexuals. Not only are heterosexuals unwelcome, they would find heaven unbearable. Could it be the Christian persecution of gays is motivated by envy.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Everyone Must be BSing
Straight men can’t help but think that gay men secretly find women attractive, but for some inexplicable reason refuse to admit it. Straight women have less of a problem since gay men find the same people attractive that they do. As a gay man, even though I have ample scientific evidence that straight men prefer women, I can’t help but feel they are forcing themselves to pretend to enjoy women out of duty/pressure and to avoid men out of prudery.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Excuses for Tormenting Gays
Christians enjoy tormenting, beating up and sometimes killing gays. They excuse themselves by pointing to a crazy guy in the bible who said it was ok. What if I started a new religion whose god Ohnono ISBS (Infinite Serene Be Sovereign) demands fingertips from cut from living Christians to be thrown on the sacrificial fire? I agree, I don’t think you should have to put up with that. You don’t even subscribe to my screwy religion. You religion does not apply to me, so why should mine be imposed on you. Similarly I don’t think gays should have to put up your religious crap. They don’t subscribe to your religion. If you are going to run about cramming your Christian crap down our throats, you can’t complain when nonsense from other religions gets stuffed down yours. We might even start treating you with the same contempt you treat us.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If you think it is possible to change sexual orientation by an act of will, or by prayer how about you prove it? Pray to Jesus to make you gay for a day, then pray to be converted back. Don’t have sex. Just prefer the same sex. You cannot do it, so why do you think others can? You can’t even will yourself to prefer vanilla ice cream to chocolate. You can make yourself eat vanilla, but not prefer it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Failure of Freedom of Religion
When America was founded, the notion of freedom of religion was created to reduce violence between religions. Everyone was supposed to respect the right of others to their religious beliefs and practices. Unfortunately, for example, Catholics believe this gives them the right to torment homosexuals. Christians believed their god gave them the right to enslave others. Freedom of religion was an interim solution. We must give up superstition and pontificating without evidence. Without reliance on evidence, there is no hope of agreement. Without reliance on evidence, all is arbitrary madness. We must move on to freedom from religion. In other words, we must stop imposing nutty ideas on others for which there is no evidence. Must stop thinking of this insane activity, commonly known as religion, as a virtue.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
False Science Claims
Oddly, the complaint we atheists have with you Christians has nothing to do with your belief that a supernatural being had a hand in the design or creation of the universe. We are annoyed with you asserting patently false mundane things about science such as:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The earth is flat.
- The earth is only 6000 years old.
- There is no evidence for Darwin’s explanation of how species came to be.
- Noah and the flood is a true story.
- The creator of the universe has it in for gay people.
- The creator of the universe thinks Jews are superior to everyone else and they have the right to take other people’s property.
- Humans must have babies as fast as possible, even using rape if necessary or humanity will die out.
- Global warming is a hoax.
False, Immoral or Crazy Teachings
The following are false or immoral teachings of the bible or the Christian religion.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- π is 3.
- At one point in recent history, genetic diversity of every species collapsed to zero.
- At one point all the life on earth fitted into a single boat.
- Confession and absolution magically undoes the harmful effects of sin.
- Evolution does not happen despite the overwhelming evidence it does.
- Exorcism and prayer are the only legitimate ways to cure illness.
- God’s farts sound like a harp.
- If you don’t follow the Christian rules, you will roast for eternity after you die.
- If your sister is raped, you must force her to marry the rapist.
- Illness is caused by demonic possession.
- Jesus will answer every prayer offered to him.
- Moses lead over a million people around in a desert for forty years. The desert is tiny. It takes only 3 days to cross on horseback.
- Souls enter the blastula at conception.
- The earth is flat, four cornered and the center of the universe.
- The end of the world has already happened. Jesus promised it within his generation.
- The stars are actually holes in a metal bowl.
- The universe is only 6000 years old even though there is light arriving from 13.82 billion light years away.
- There is a god who takes a personal interest in you.
- There is an ocean floating up in the sky covering the earth.
- There is historical evidence to back up the bible.
- There was a global flood that covered mount Everest.
- Women must not speak. They must be subservient to men.
- You can breed striped goats by showing striped boards to their parents to give them the hint what you want.
- You can cure leprosy with dove blood.
- You can undo the effects of wrongdoing by torturing or hurting an unrelated innocent person, animal or god.
- You must cut off your wife’s hand if she helps you in a fight by hitting your opponent in the testicles.
- You must dismiss all other religions without so much as a glance.
- You must kill people and everyone in their village if they have a different religion from you.
- You must kick your wife out of the house when she menstruates.
- You must kill disrespectful children.
- You must kill gay people. For Christians, this is a the prime directive, even though they usually don’t go so far as murder. It is much more important to punish other people’s sins that clean up your own.
- You must kill people who cut the lawn on Sunday.
- You must kill people who eat shrimp salad.
- You must kill people who have garden gnomes.
- You must kill people who wear garments of two or more fibres.
- You must kill everyone in a village where a non-Christian lives.
- You must kill your bride if she has no hymen.
- You are commanded to love the god Jehovah, despite the fact he commands and commits genocide and is cruel, capricious and sadistic. You are supposed to treat cancer pain as Jesus’s kisses.
- Your life belongs to a supernatural entity. He wants you to suffer as much as possible, as a loyalty test.
When did the word family first become a dog-whistle synonym for homophobic?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians are terribly proud of their family values, but the family values expressed in the bible will curl your hair:
- Deuteronomy 21:17 Parents are supposed to kill their kids if they talk back.
- Matthew 10:35-37 Jesus commanded children to hate their parents.
- Deuteronomy 22:23-26 Parents are supposed to kill a daughter who get raped.
- Leviticus 18:22 Parents are supposed to kill their gay sons.
- Deuteronomy 17:2-5Parents are supposed to kill their kids if they reject Christianity.
- Exodus 31:15 Parents are supposed to kill their sons if they do yard work on Sunday.
- Revelation 21:8 If your daughter gets pregnant of wedlock she will be tortured for eternity and her child must be outcast for ten generations. Deuteronomy 23:2
- Leviticus 24:16 Parents are supposed to kill their kids if they swear.
Christians claim to believe all this crap and that it is good. The bloody liars! They have never even read the bible that they claim to believe is the word of god. Even the strictest fundamentalist for all practical purpose rejects the bible as crazy, though they will never admit it. What lying hypocrites! The only part they pay attention to is the commandment to kill gays, and even that they do not follow to the letter.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Family values is a code word to exclude single-parent black families and families with gay parents. It has nothing to do with how well children are treated. Why do advertisers tell us their paper towels are family towels. Why don’t they want to sell to gays and single parent families too? Is it some bigoted code to suggest purity and cleanliness?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians are so dense. The pretend they can’t understand why we gays don’t like them when they phone us thousands of times with death threats, lobby against us receiving HIV medications necessary for life, lobby to take away our civil rights and constantly keep urging people to kill us to please their screws-loose god.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Fighting Religions Fairly
Just what is fair to fight back misbehaving religions? e.g.:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Wahhabi Muslims who destroy the shrines of other religions.
- Muslims or Christians who try to set up theocracies in countries that do not want them.
- Catholics who try to impose their religious superstitions about contraception, abortion, homosexuality, organ transplants, end-of-life decisions on the entire population.
- Churches that aid and abet pedophiles to shield them from secular law.
- Churches that encourage the intimidation or killing of gays, abortion doctors etc.
- Churches that insist on teaching their religious superstitions about science in public schools.
- Religions that teach that their adherents are the master race and as such have the god-given right to confiscate the lands and property of others.
- Churches that harm their own children, e.g. by denying them medical care, forcing them to handle poisonous snakes, beating them or forcing painful or unsanitary circumcisions on them.
Fire with Fire
If Christians are going to work tirelessly to destroy the civil rights of other people (in particular gays, Muslims, blacks and the poor), perhaps it is time to fight fire with fire and work to erase their civil rights, starting with the special tax privileges they get just for being Christian.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Five Worst Things About Christians
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Christians preach poverty, but the popes, cardinals, faith healers and TV evangelists live in fabulous luxury on the backs of the poor and gullible.
- Christians believe they have a God-given right to meddle in the private affairs of non-believers including sex, gay marriage, euthanasia, birth control and abortion.
- Christians insist on pushing their junk science and junk morality on others. They know it is junk, but they push it anyway.
- The world’s priests form the world’s largest pedophile ring that uses fear of hellfire to frighten children into sexual compliance. Christians have tolerated this for centuries.
- Christians have been the driving force making blacks then later gays into scapegoats.
Forced to Lie
Right wingers want to use the law to force others to pretend to respect their beliefs and superstitions. They want the law to punish victimless crimes like homosexuality, licentiousness, blasphemy, heresy, indecency and desecration of sacred symbols (including failing to revere flag worship, a form of idolatry). It is a most odious form of egotism, sort of like ancient kings demanding subjects prostrate themselves in their presence on pain of death.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Forcing Christianity on Others
The biggest complaint I have with Christians is they believe they have the right to forcefully impose their religion on me, in particular religious superstitions on contraception, abortion, physician assisted suicide, science, homosexuality… They feel no guilt about it at all. They are no more ethical than the Crusaders who killed Jews and Muslims merely for failing to be Christian. However, they would be outraged if anyone else trying to impose some other religion by force on them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Forcing Religious Superstitions on Others
The Jews don’t try to force their quirky Kosher food rules on others. Ditto the Muslims with Halal. They realise that religious rules apply only to members of the faith, but the Catholics think they speak for everyone when they force their religious superstitions about gays and the equivalence of a single cell with an adult human on others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Forgiving Hate Crimes
Some think hate crimes against gays should be forgiven if motivated by religion. Should religion also excuse crimes against women, children or blacks? The bible commands believers to stone to death women who are raped. The bible commands believers kill their children for sassing. And, of course, the bible encourages keeping black sex slaves. Seriously, you think the bible is sufficient excuse for such crimes? Does the law trump the bible or the bible trump the law? The law has to work for non-Christians too. Surely the law should be the same for everyone. Christians should not get special privilege, a get out of jail free card.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Four Beliefs
Christians have four basic beliefs:
- A deity created the universe.
- The deity Jehovah wrote the bible, both old and new testaments.
- The bible is inerrant.
- The most important Christian duty is to harass, even beat up and kill, homosexuals in some sects.
To me, there is more than enough evidence to blast all four propositions out the water and no evidence whatsoever to support any of them. However, Christians have predecided to ignore such evidence, no matter how compelling because their mothers taught them they would be tortured for eternity if they considered it.
There are many Christians who no longer believe the bible to be inerrant. They no longer interpret it literally. Some Christians might still think Jehovah penned the bible, but the people taking dictation, transcribers and translators could have butchered it. Because there is no sign of any deity tweaking the running of the universe today, the notion that Jehovah created the universe, but from there it ran itself, including evolution, is slowly taking hold.
So I think as Christianity evolves, we will first see fading of belief in inerrancy, a belief that Jehovah penned the bible and finally a belief that a deity (not necessarily Jehovah) created the universe. Even then, with all supernatural beliefs discarded, many people will continue to bill themselves as Christians because they think that is what respectable people do. Without delusions, they will do no harm. They will primarily be the custodians of Easter and Christmas music festivals enjoyed by everyone.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Four Flavours Of Christian
I classify Christians into four groups:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- True Christians: They do their best to help out people in trouble. I just wish they did not kid themselves Jehovah is going to give them a gold plated Cadillac after they die for their good behaviour. What they are doing is just gullibility, working at a job and being cheated out of promised payment. They are very useful to society but not nearly as virtuous as they imagine themselves.
- Innocuous Christians: They claim to be Christian but behave exactly like normal people. I wish they would not lie. They don’t really believe any of the bullshit, so why must they pretend to? What they do is a bit like pretending to be a child molester.
- Christian Bigots: To these people, Christian doctrine is solely about harassing, beating up and killing blacks, Muslims, gays and other minorities. They feel smugly virtuous about it.
- Professional Christians: People who earn their livings by scamming people with classic Christian cons and by cheerleading for Christian bigots.
Fred Phelps (born:1929-11-13 died:2014-03-19 at age:84) late of GodHatesFags.com imagined he had the right to impose his rather eccentric religious beliefs on others. How would Fred feel if we gays similarly decided we had the right to impose our codes of behaviour on him? That is what the constitution is for, to separate religious from secular restrictions on behaviour, to keep us from meddling in the affairs of others that are none of our business.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The late Fred Phelps (born:1929-11-13 died:2014-03-19 at age:84) of GodHatesFags.com explained to a gay man that he is going to hell and there is nothing he can do about it. In Fred’s view, his god hates gays people for what they are, not for what they do, even though he created them that way. Why then did Fred feel compelled to make the lives gay people here on earth as miserable as possible too? Why must he too have mistreated them unfairly? He was, like his warped, imaginary god, a sadist.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Fred Phelps’ Funeral
The late Fred Phelps (born:1929-11-13 died:2014-03-19 at age:84) dedicated his life to hitting others when they are most vulnerable by picketing funerals on the silliest of pretenses, usually because the deceased had some tenuous connection to someone gay. I wonder how he and his sheeple would have reacted to his funeral being disrupted. Would the attention please them, or would hem claim it was unfair?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Freedom From Religion
Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion. It is one thing to let people freely indulge their religious delusions, even when they are harmful to the believers (e.g. Spanish Catholics flagellating themselves causing infected wounds). It is quite another to let yourself be bullied into inconveniencing yourself to humour somebody else’s religious delusions. I include such things as being forced to close shops on Sunday, accepting second class citizenship if you are gay, public money being spent on decorations a religious festival to celebrate a bogus claim of human parthenogenesis and having your children taught blithering nonsense in schools about science, allowing cults to wed pre-pubescent girls off to senior citizens and allowing Catholic church to run the world’s largest pedophile ring, without interference.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Freedom To Ignore Christians
Free speech includes the freedom not to listen. Free speech does not guarantee a spot on the Tonight Show. Christians imagine they are entitled to a seat at the table any time homosexuality, abortion or euthanasia is discussed even though they never contribute any useful information, just their faith-based beliefs for which they can offer no rational justification.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Freedom of Religion
I think it is time to take a fresh look at what we mean by freedom of religion. My basic principle is freedom of religion should guarantee you the same rights that anyone else has, but it should not give you special privileges that no one else has. So for example:
- You should have the right to eat any foods you please and avoid any foods you please.
- You should have the right to live in any housing you can afford.
- You should have the right to wear any ridiculous fashions you please.
- You should have the right to cut or not cut you hair and beard in any absurd way you please.
- You should have the right to enter any premise that admits the public.
However, you should not have special privileges to:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Beat or abuse your children, including such things as circumcising them when not medically mandated.
- Block your children from getting a basic education.
- Hide your face so that a bank cannot photograph you when you withdraw money from a teller or ATM (Automated Teller Machine).
- Refuse to wear uniforms or conform to dress codes in work places where everyone else does.
- Kill, harm, harass or libel homosexuals, women, children, blacks, infidels or any other group your religion claims requires maltreatment.
Freedom of Religion
In Canada, in 2015, pretty well any crazy religious idea trumps civil laws. Parents can deny their children medical care, they can refuse to vaccinate them, they can viciously beat them, they can deny them education, they can take weapons where no one else can, they can insist on special food, they may cover their heads wherever they please, they can ignore requirements for a uniform. They can refuse to wear safety gear.
Canadians are firmly for freedom of religion, so they make all manner of special exemptions to civil law for religious reasons. About the only thing the religious can no longer do is kill homosexuals, though they may harass them and call for them to be killed.
The percentage of people associating themselves with these religions is dropping precipitously. I suspect, over time, the Canadian interest in humouring them will drop, and the interest in protecting children will rise. This will be seen as erosion of freedom of religion. I would counter that freedom of religion is not supposed to give you a licence to harm others, just to do odd harmless things.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Fuck Off With Your Stinking Religion
The way I see it, crazy people may think being gay, of all the thousands of sins in the bible, is the only one that matters. Fine, stay out of bed with fellow males. But your religion is stark raving bonkers. It does not apply to me. To me Christianity is as repulsive as Islam and Satanism. You Christians have no more right to impose your religion on me than you do to force me to bow down before your idols (statues in the churches).~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians tell me that god gives them a purpose in life, but they won’t tell me what it is. God does not tell you anything. What they mean is their church gives them something to keep themselves occupied: pointless activities like praying, singing, kneeling, waving incense around and organising bake sales. The way I look at it, since the universe is apparently not conscious, it can’t very well have a purpose of its own. So you are free to choose your own purpose for your life and to change it any time you please, for example:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Ending hunger.
- Seeing to it that all children are safe, house, fed and educated.
- Guaranteeing women equality.
- Guaranteeing gay equality.
- Eliminating racial prejudice.
- Stopping global warming.
- Protecting the environment.
- Ensuring religious freedom, including protection from the bullying of other people’s religions.
- Making sure everyone has access to clean water.
- Making sure everyone has access to health care.
- Reigning in the power of corporations.
- Guaranteeing freedom to choose when and how you want to die.
- Creating a new variety of rose.
- Raising your own kids.
Gary McFarlane, Christian Homophobe
Gary McFarlane was a marriage counselor and sex therapist for Relate, a British charity. After a number of years he decided his Christian faith meant he was no longer prepared to serve gay clients. He claims his freedom of religion to be a bigot is being trampled because he is being persecuted and forced to serve gays equally. By analogy, if he took a job as a lion and tiger tamer, then after some harrowing experiences, complained he was henceforth refusing to tame tigers, on religious grounds and demanded to keep his job at full pay. If Mr. McFarlane wants to be a counselor where he can discriminate against gays all he pleases, he should find employment in an institution where bigotry is legally protected and encouraged such as the Catholic church.
Presume Mr. McFarlane ultimately loses his case and is assigned to a help a gay couple. He greets them with a look as if he had just sucked a case of lemons. There is no way he could function as a competent counselor. He would have to be fired for incompetence.
As a black man, McFarlane should understand why it is wrong to give into your prejudice and refuse to serve some of your customers, as if they were unclean and vastly your inferiors.
One interesting feature of this case is Lord Carey, the former Archbishop of Canterbury made an appeal to the court that only judges with a reputation for being sympathetic to Christianity be allowed to adjudicate the case. The cheek of these Christians, demanding bias!~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) source source source source
Right wingers love to say Every child deserves a mother and a father. That may be true, but the reality is there are not enough heterosexual parents to go around. Some kids have to put up with single parent families, orphanages or foster care. Most heterosexual couples choose to abandon children needing adoption. They prefer children who look like them. Same sex couple parents is a better option than all these alternatives. Some studies show, on average, they are even better than heterosexual couples, since gay couples don’t have children by accident. Gay parents who adopt always sincerely want to parent.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Gay and Catholic
There are large numbers of gay Catholics trying to reform the Catholic church. I find this utterly absurd. It is like Jewish Nazis trying to talk the Nazi party out of hating Jews. Hating gays is the #1 tenet of the Catholic faith. It is their raison d’être. Catholics ignore almost everything in the old testament except hating gays. This is Stockholm syndrome. Gays should leave the church and work to dismantle it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If someone is gay the best camouflage is to be extremely anti gay and spout religious clap trap.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
President Ronald Reagan in the USA and Premier Bill Vander Zalm in BC Canada came up with the same plan to murder hundreds of thousands of gays and get away with it, motivated by religious fundamentalism. They simply banned all education materials about HIV/AIDS. There was so much misinformation in the media, when the government ignored the problem, it made it sound like AIDS was an urban myth. Being the wishful thinkers they are, people took no precautions. Most of my friends died as a result. Charles Everett Koop, the surgeon general eventually forced Reagan to relent. Vander Zalm later came up with the idea of concentration camps for infected people, but he was quickly shot down.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Gay in Middle Ages
If you were gay in the middle ages, you did not have much choice:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- become a sailor
- become a monk
Christians claim they are worried, even at 7.392 billion, the earth is underpopulated and every possible action must be taken to ensure more births. This includes forcing gay men to marry women they do not love and inseminate them with turkey basters and raise kids. If underpopulation is the actual Christian concern, why not allow men to marry male partners whom they do love and raise kids that they have by adoption, egg donation, surrogate mother or something new and high tech?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
We gays are making some slow progress with the Christians.
- At first they burned burn us alive in public ceremonies.
- Then they put us in jail.
- Then they dragged us behind cars.
- Then they fired us from our jobs.
- Then they evicted us from out apartments.
- Then they took our kids away.
- Then the crashed our funerals.
- Then they crashed our weddings.
- Then they made laws legally nullifying our relationships.
- If this softening keeps up, perhaps they will eventually feel satisfied just to spit on us.
I can’t imagine any other group that would not retaliate with violence. Gays are a thousand times more literal followers of Jesus than Christians are.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Gays Cannot Take Over
Christians fear gays more than blacks, Hispanics, illegal immigrants, Koreans, Muslims… imagining they will take over society. They are the one group that must always remain a minority. Gays have no biology to increase their percentage of the population.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Gays Follow Jesus More Than Christians
The Christian bible calls for putting all gays to death. It would be reasonable for gays to call, in return, for all Christians to be put to death. However, they don’t . Ironically, gays follow the teaching of Jesus in Matthew 5:39 much more strictly that do Christians.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Gays Taking Revenge
You never hear of gays taking revenge on Christians by beating them up, getting them fired or refusing them housing, burning them alive, torching their churches… Since turning the other cheek is one of the core teachings of Jesus, it seems the gays take his teachings more seriously than the nominal Christians do.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Get Out Of Jail Free Card
Religious people often demand special privilege, simply because they belong to a certain religion. They demand a get-out-of-jail-free card. For example:
- Sikhs demand an exemption to bicycle helmet laws.
- Muslims demand the right to cover their heads in court.
- Christians demand the right to home school their children and fill their heads with medieval superstition instead of the skills needed for life in the current century.
- Muslims demand the right to stay home from work and still be paid on their holy days.
- Christians demand the right to force non-Christians to join in Christian prayers.
- Christians demand the right to beat their children with sticks.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses demand an exemption to the draft.
- Sikhs demand the right to carry daggers on airplanes.
- Jews demand the right to ignore humane slaughter laws.
- Christians demand the right to spread contagion by refusing to vaccinate their children.
- Christians demand the right to bully, persecute and even kill homosexuals.
- Christians demand the right to kill their children by withholding medical treatment.
- Muslims demand the right to kill apostates (people who leave the faith).
- Muslims demand the right to kill anyone who fails to show sufficient respect for their religion’s customs.
Of course, not all members of each religion make such demands.
My thinking is, if there is to be an exemption, everyone should get it. It should not just be the privilege of a single religion. For example, I think everyone should be permitted to cover their heads in court, not just Muslims. We should not even consider an exemption when it would result in the harm of third parties. Religious exemptions should never bestow the right to harm others, only one’s self.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Get Out Of Jail Free If You are Catholic
The Catholic church demands immunity from prosecution when its priests rape or molest children. Similarly it demands immunity when it preaches hate and persecutes gay people. Just because they have been around for hundreds of years should not exempt them from them law.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
Gifts of Science
Science brings us the miracles of our daily lives, abundant food, clean water (hot, cold or warm), rain-proof shelter heated/cooled to precisely 20°C (68°F), antibiotics, anti-virals, electric vehicles, lighting, artificial Christmas trees, replacement hips… This abundance depends on skilled labour who understand the methods of science. If you insist on polluting their minds with religious claptrap, you will generate a quite different society, one that burns witches and homosexuals and is powerless against the plague or clouds of locusts, namely the middle ages when the church had everything its way.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians complain about atheists criticising them. Yet Christians not only criticise atheists, they encourage people to discriminate and kill them, especially gays. They effectively make it impossible for an atheist to hold office. Christians meddle in the organ donation and family planning decision of atheists. How can they expect gentler treatment than they dish out?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
God Abandoned the Jews
The poor Jews must imagine that י ה ו ה (Jehovah) turned his back on them. He allowed Germany to go rogue and start killing people of all ages just because they were Jewish, Gypsy or gay.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
God of the Gaps
A few centuries ago, Jehovah was much busier than today. He had to hoist the sun into the sky each day. He had to paint each pixel of the day’s sunrise and sunset for every spot on earth for the delectation of his favourite species, man. He had to bring the rains. He had to blow the winds. He had to count the proportion of homosexuals, and if sufficiently high, cause an earthquake. He had to make the crops grow. He had to turn the leaves to autumnal colours. He had to punish the wicked with lightning strikes, boils and various diseases. He had to strike random people down with premature death and take them away to be his willing slaves.
Today, most Christians give him very little to do. He had to jump-start the universe 13 billion years ago. He had to craft the first bacterium. He had to talk to crazy people in their heads to tell them to sacrifice their or other people ’s kids. He had to dictate bits of the bible to crazy people via voices in their heads. He has to look in his book of who was naughty and nice to decide who to torture for eternity in fire and who to torture for eternity by forcing them to sing his endless praises like a cosmic Chairman Mao. For all practical purposes, Jehovah has retired.
Science claims that a god is not needed to jump-start the universe or to jump-start life, but Christians are proud of their scientific ignorance, and as you might expect, that idea flummoxes them. They imagine the cosmos is constrained to behave just as it does in their back garden.
Take this to its logical conclusion. Christians will eventually admit god has nothing at all to do. The universe functions just fine without a god. So what then? They will claim, granted there is no need for a god, but it has one nonetheless (we Christians are privileged know by secret magic means), but he is hiding, like some cosmic mole rat, making sure he leaves absolutely no traces of his existence.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
God Hates Homosexuals
If God hates gays so much, why does he make so many of them?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Good News
You have probably seen various polls showing young people are abandoning the churches in astounding numbers. The main reason they are doing so is the way the churches treat gays and lesbians unfairly.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Good Without God
The notion you cannot be good without believing in a god is nonsense.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Look at all the very badly behaved Christians in history, e.g. Henry VIII, gay bashers, witch torturers…, George W. Bush.
- Look at all the well behaved atheists in history, e.g. Noam Chomsky, Ernest Hemingway, John Lennon, Rafael Nadal, Brad Pitt, Charlie Chaplin, Thomas Edison, Mark Twain, William Shatner…
- If you are a Christian, when you do a kind deed it is really because you expect a holy lollipop when you die, or you fear roasting if you don’t ? Don’t you really do it because you have kind feelings to the person you do it for? Don’t you do it because you feel good when you do? Don’t you do it because you want to be a good person? That’s what motivates us atheists.
Government Grants for Murder
Do you think neo-Nazi organisations with a clause is their constitution calling for the assassination of all gay people should get government grants? If not, how you do justify putting up with Christian churches getting such grants? They all have that clause in their constitution — the Old Testament.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
A Great Evil
One of the most wicked things you can do is indoctrinate children into Christianity. If you want to give them a good moral compass, be a good example. Don’t be a Christian hypocrite.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The most quoted verses of the bible are the ones calling for killing gay people. Children do as they are told over and over.
- Teaching them that an invisible monster controls the world, and nothing they do has any effect if the monster does not approve, disempowers them.
- You are teaching them to distrust science, the main tool we have to understand the world.
- Teaching them Jesus will bail them out of trouble gives them a false sense of security.
- Christians are insufferable pushing their nutty beliefs on others. Only fellow Christians can tolerate them socially.
- You hand children over as dupes to be fleeced by ecclesiastical con men, terrified of hell and expecting heaven.
- You are making your children crazy, instilling delusions.
- You teach children to waste time praying pray, instead of doing something useful to reach their goals.
Ask a Christian why their prime commandment is to hassle homosexuals and make them as miserable as possible. Punishing homosexuals is far more important than any of their own sins despite Matthew 7:3-5. They will quote some bible verses and explain that compels them to obey. Yet for some reason they ignore many other bible verses which are similarly irrational and cruel:
- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 where you must kill children who fail to pay sufficient respect.
- Leviticus 11:9-31 where you must kill lobster eaters.
- Exodus 35:2 where you must kill anyone who cuts their lawn on Sunday.
- Deuteronomy 13:13-17You must kill everyone in a village where a non-Christian lives.
- Deuteronomy 22:13-21 where you must stone your bride to death if she is not a virgin.
- Exodus 21:20-21 get yourself some slaves and beat them.
So they are not telling the truth. They are just using the bible as an excuse to harass homosexuals for the sadistic pleasure of it or to get a ego buzz by imagining they are superior to another.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians ask why I hate God so much. My objection is not with Jehovah and other fictitious deities, but with Christians who:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- insist Jehovah is real despite the evidence.
- Insist that a incompetent book written by ignorant, primitive humans is the work of the creator of the universe despite the evidence.
- use their religion as an excuse to harass gays and atheists.
- interfere in non-believers’ reproductive and end-of-life decisions.
- interfere in organ transplants.
- indoctrinate non-believers’ children with Christian superstition in public schools.
- work to eradicate science and promote superstition.
Hatred of Muslims vs Hatred of Islam
Islam is an unusually violent, obnoxious, paternalistic, homophobic religion. It infects the minds of more people than any other religion except Christianity. It makes people intolerant, ignorant and conceited. They have nothing but contempt for any views but their own, even though, like all religions they have no evidence for their beliefs. If you don’t disapprove of it bullying Muslims, then surely you have no concern for the welfare of Muslims.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If you believe Revelation 14:3-4, everyone goes to hell except 140,000 males who have never been with women, presumably all children or homosexuals. Why do Christians worship a god who hates them?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Hitler Agreed with Catholics
Hitler and the Catholic church agreed, that homosexuals should be eliminated by killing them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Hitler’s Death Camps
Hitler’s death camps contained Jews, gays, Roma and the disabled. You would think that would have forged a lasting political alliance against the Christians.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Three scientific studies have shown homophobes are nearly always gay themselves.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Homophobes are Gay: Study
The word homosexual was did not exist in the English language even as late as 1900, much less in the time of King James when the bible was translated. Homosexual refers to sexual orientation, which sex is more appealing. It has nothing to do with sexual activity. For example, straight men can have sex with other men in prison, all the while fantasising about women. They are not homosexual because they prefer women. They are just making do, as they might make do with masturbation. On the other hand, a homosexual man might out of fear of HIV be completely celibate. He is still homosexual.
Normally we do not punish people for what they think, only for what they do. Christians imagine they are obligated to punish homosexuals simply for what they think. Part of the problem comes from translation problems of the Greek words asenokoites (male temple prostitute) and malakos (young male prostitute). The King James I Corinthians 6:9 prudishly translated these terms into abusers of themselves with mankind and effeminate respectively. The original bible is complaining about the physical act of male prostitution, not the thought crime of being attracted to a guy. The love of Jonathan and David surpassing the love of women was celebrated.
The Christians are ignoring their own bible. They are using it as a excuse for malice and mayhem to scapegoat homosexuals. It is absurd that Christians consider tormenting gays the most important commandment when their bible commands no such thing.
Further, in that same verse, the bible condemns adulterers and people of other religions. We don’t see Christians putting nearly so much effort into making life miserable for them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Imagine what would happen if, by some miracle, all the Christians were hoovered off the earth or otherwise eliminated. In the USA, about 75% of the people would disappear.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Millions of mortgages would go into default and the banks would foreclose. Real estate prices would plummet.
- Millions of bank accounts would be abandoned and after a suitable delay, the banks would confiscate the funds.
- The credit card companies would have to write off at least a trillion dollars in bad debt.
- With most of the climate-change deniers gone, the world would finally get on with reducing greenhouse gas emissions and clean energy.
- With most of the religious right gone, the Republican party would become an insignificant power, at least for a while.
- With the Christians gone who trust Jesus to clean up after environmental damage, we would start to care for our forests and rivers.
- Church property owned outright would just sit around and rot. At first, it would not be confiscated for non-payment of taxes since there are no taxes. Eventually though people would notice these crumbling churches were no longer being used for any religious purposes and civic governments would tax them, then confiscate them.
- Muslims would become the dominant religious group.
- With the Christians gone, people who interfere with public health on HIV, measles, mumps, whooping cough, TB (Terabytes), malaria etc. would be gone too. We might just eliminate these diseases altogether.
- Gay people would be safe to walk the streets.
- The world’s largest pedophile ring would be gone.
- Government tax revenue would drastically shrink. The government would have to consolidate schools and abandon most of the military.
- Europe would only be minimally effected. They would take over the rôle the USA formerly had in the world. China would not be affected that much. South America and Africa would decimated. Russia would be affected more than Europe, but not as much as the USA.
Hostility To Atheists
Christians are extremely hostile to atheists. They rank them lower than gays, on par with pedophiles and terrorists. Why?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Because atheists shake their faith. They don’t want their faith shaken even if it is based on falsehoods.
- For professional Christians, atheists are working hard to expose them as frauds.
- People of other religions harmlessly exchange the details in the general bullshit. Atheists threaten the whole foundation.
- People falsely imagine their morality comes from religion. If there were true, we would live in a Mad Max world. Everyone’s morals are much more advanced. Read the bible cover to cover if you doubt. Christians worry that if their children abandoned faith in Jesus, they would start behaving badly. They refuse to look at the stats showing people who do not use Christian morality are much better behaved. Consider the atheist Swedes have much lower murder, crime and teen pregnancy rates.
- Some Christians have been taught that atheists are Satan worshippers and sacrifice babies. This is blithering nonsense.
It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion or sexual orientation. But it is perfectly legal to discriminate against bigots. They are not a protected class. So go ahead, hound the homophobes to within an inch of the law.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
How Is Being Christian Different?
A proper question both for science and religion is: how is our internal experience of the world that we perceive through our senses different from the actual world? Presumably, it is reasonably homologous, but does that mapping process introduce errors? How do our beliefs warp the accuracy of that mapping? Is the subjective life of a Christian substantially different from that of an atheist?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
How Christians Cheat Gays
Christians have no problem with demanding that gay people pay into pension funds, but receive no survivor benefits the way straight married couples do. Christians feel smugly pleased with themselves any time they can cheat a gay person and get away with it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
How Much Breeding
For a stable human society, each person must have an average of 2.00 surviving children and 4.00 grandchildren. If someone has more, it means someone else must necessarily have less. Religions preach greed in this matter, out of a selfish desire to expand themselves at the expense of other faiths. It is ironic that religions are so harsh on childless couples, especially homosexual ones, when they are the ones who make large families possible for others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The ancient Mayans sacrificed youths to the rain god. At least they had the decency to sacrifice one of their own. Right wing Christians sacrifice gay people in the hopes of placating the god Jehovah.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I am Glad I am Not A Christian
I am so glad I am not a Christian and never was.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Like everyone, I have death as a sword of Damocles hanging over me, but as I Christian I would dread being tortured for eternity of bored to distraction for eternity. This would haunt my every waking moment. Further I would be driven to distraction thinking about my poor friends who had already died.
- I would feel so embarrassed trying explain my beliefs to others and not having a single fact to support them.
- I would feel sick about burning gay people alive without being able to give a single justification other than a book said to.
- I am glad I get to give my money where it will do some good, rather than to professional con men.
- I am glad I am allowed to study science. I don’t have to pretend to be stupid.
- I would feel like such a shit pretending the bible is inerrant when it clearly is not.
I am Good Because I am Not Gay
Millions of Christians derive much of their self esteem from the fact they are not gay. To bolster this effect, they ride gay people, especially teens, trying to convince them to commit suicide, though usually not explicitly. They make it absolutely clear that gay people are not welcome on the planet and the Christian bible says to kill them. They succeed, of course, in promoting suicide. Young gays convinced by Christians of their worthlessness is the largest group of teen suicides. Oddly, Christians are 100% convinced that Jehovah sees failing to throw the first stone at a homosexual as a much worse sin than convincing a teen to commit suicide.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I Have It Easy
When I feel frustrated to the point of fantasising murder of Christians who refuse to give up tormenting gays, or who insist the bible is literally true and inerrant, I realise what a fight earlier folk had convincing them to bathe, to pay attention to anal sanitation and to stop trying to drive demons out of the sick with violence.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Idiot Mayans; Stupid Christians
When hard times hit the ancient Mayans, you can’t fault them for lack of energy. They sacrificed children by the cartload. Their religion failed them. It could not provide sound guidance under unprecedented circumstances. Similarly Christianity is failing modern Christians. They toss a few more homosexuals on the metaphorical bonfire hoping to appease the vengeful sky god, without doing anything to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If A Business Behaved Like a Church
What if a department store chain thumbed its nose at the law and:
- Refused to hire women, gays or non-Christians.
- Ran a pedophile ring.
- Ran a hate campaign to encourage their customers to deny civil rights, persecute, harass and kill gays.
- Urged violent vigilante action against pro choice supporters.
- Interfered with people using birth control.
- Interfered with terminally ill people forcing them to suffer by forcing them to live when they beg to be put out of their misery.
- Conned the poorest of the poor into handing over their money.
Few people would put up with this. However, almost everyone thinks the Catholic Church should be granted an exception. We would not tolerate a church violating other laws. For example, we would not let them sacrifice infants on altars. We would not let them violate the building codes or the fire safety laws. We should not let them get away with breaking any laws.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If Gays Treated Christians…
How would Christians like it if we gays treated them the way they treat us gays? Imagine the power structure were reversed.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
- Gangs of gays would waylay Christians, men and women of all ages and beat them to a pulp, often killing them.
- Gays would not permit Christians to marry because they are ritually unclean.
- Gays would refuse to hire known Christians. To get a job, Christians would have to pretend not to be.
- Gays would insist schools not interfere when kids bullied young Christians.
- Gays would insist schools teach that Christians are an inferior form of life.
- Gays would proclaim that Christian relationships had no more value bestiality.
- Gays would assert that all Christians are child molesters and bar them from any profession involving children.
Ignoring the Bible
Logically a Christian should avoid taking advantage of what science has to offer in the form of modern medicine, including painless dentistry, since his infallible bible claims that diseases are caused by unclean spirits and exorcism is the proscribed treatment. When his own health is at risk, he ignores the faith, but when it comes to forcing Christianity on others, e.g. persecuting homosexuals, or teaching the Christian creation myth in public schools as serious science, then suddenly, he becomes an enthusiastic true believer.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Ignoring the Bible
Many people claim they believe everything in the bible and regard it as an infallible moral guide. They have invariably never read it cover to cover to see what they are signing up for:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Jews are the master race.
- killing gays
- subjugating women
- beating and killing children
- death penalty for trivial crimes, like eating lobster
- killing the children of your enemies
- eating feces
- killing any non-Christian or person living nearby.
Ignoring the Bible
Modern day Christians ignore all the teachings of the bible, including those of Jesus and Leviticus. They focus 100% of one obscure verse in Leviticus hidden among his desires to put people to death for every imaginable crank sin. The Christian creed has collapsed down to Thou shalt persecute homosexuals. For the rest, do what thou wilt. If Jesus could see his religion now, he would say You have got to be kidding.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Ignoring the First Stone
Jesus, with the first stone story, makes it clear Christians are supposed to focus on cleaning up their own sins not the sins of others. Christians usually turn this advice on its head. They pick homosexuality a sin in others to consider as more important than all others for which they personally and conveniently feel no temptation. Heterosexuality is an accident of hormones, no virtue on the Christian’s part. Christians would be such decent people if Christianity had not addled their brains and given them such an unwarranted superiority complex.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Most Christians presume Leviticus was just kidding when he called for killing anyone who wore a shirt of linen and cotton blend. But most of them presume he was deadly serious when he also called for slaying all the gay people. It is high time the Pope and the leaders of other churches formally explained his call for murder was not meant to be taken seriously and apologised for their 4000 year old procrastination.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Imagined Special Rights
Every religion believes all other religions to be bogus and itself perfect. As such they imagine they are a special case:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Jews believe they have the right to take other people’s land.
- Christians believe they have the right to impose their religious superstitions about contraception, abortion and homosexuality on everyone.
- Muslims believe that everyone must affect respect for Mohammed, the Qur’an and Allah.
Impossible to Respect a Christian
How can you possibly respect someone’s religion when its primary purpose is persecuting homosexuals, helping pedophiles find victims or fleecing gullible old ladies?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Improper Catholic Imposition
Is it right to force gay patients to be treated at St. Paul’s Hospital when Paul of Tarsus is the patron saint of anti-gay bigots? It it right for any government hospitals to be named after Catholic Saints? It violates the 1955 supreme court ruling that all religions must be treated equally.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Married Catholics seek advice from gay, virgin priests. With that sort of help, no wonder the church had to make it illegal to divorce.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If you presume a supernatural being created the universe, then what Christians claim about this being is incredibly insulting e.g.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- he rigs sporting events
- He rigs singing contests
- He watches people masturbate.
- He talks directly to subnormally intelligent people and gives them greeting card wisdom.
- He commands killing and genocide.
- He tells some people the best lottery ticket numbers to buy.
- He commands his followers to harass gay people.
- He takes sides in wars and helps kill children.
- All the utterly terrible things said about him in the old testament.
Invisible Crimes of Christianity
Just as fish don’t notice water, we don’t notice the crimes of Christianity:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Selling fraudulent science.
- Systematically sexually abusing children.
- Encouraging the murder of abortion providers.
- Denying homosexuals equal civil rights. Encouraging violence against gays.
- Using fraud to rip off the poor and elderly.
- Fraudulent faith healing.
- Violating freedom of religion of others by using the Christian majority and the Christian-dominated government to force their superstitions on others.
Inviting the Crazies
Every time there is a debate about gay rights or euthanasia, or abortion the moderators always invite some crazy fundamentalist who thinks they have the right to impose their hate-based religion on everyone else. That is like invited a speaker from the KKK to speak every time the problems of black people are discussed. You want to represent plausible points of view, not the crazy minorities and hate groups just because they have a colourful point of view.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Inviting Criminals to Every Public Discussion
We don’t invite the Mafia to participate in every public discussion of issues like homosexuality, euthanasia, abortion, population control, evolution etc. So why do we invite another criminal organisation, the Catholic church, convicted again and again of abusing, molesting and raping children and conspiring to cover it up? They also spew hate for homosexuals which has lead to a spate of beatings and suicides. They are hardly experts on morality. This is like consulting the KKK for what constitutes ethical behaviour.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
Its All About Me
A Christian woman on hearing her son was gay and had AIDS said How could he do this to me! What a revolting creature! Everything is always about her. She imagines she is Queen of the Universe. The sun rises and set in her armpit. It is that attitude that lets Christians force their filthy religion on others without conscience.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Jehovah Cult
Parents worry when their children join modern cults like Scientology or the Moonies. Rightly so. They should also worry when they join iron age cults like the worship of Jehovah, which still has not renounced its founding principles of tormenting and sacrificing animals, humans, animals, Jews, blacks and gays, that still teaches the earth is flat and is only 6000 years old and that celibacy and pedophilia are the preferred forms of sex.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The god Jehovah was criminally insane. He advocated genocide of Amorites, Bashonites, Benajamites, Canaanites, Cushites, Girgashites, Hittites, Hormahites, Jebusites, Mesbonites, Perizzites and, of course, homosexuals. We would lock up lunatics who mindlessly followed the commandments of Caligula, but there are too many Christians use that method to stop them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Jehovah’s Witness Homophobia
I lived a snowy winter on in an uninsulated cabin on Quadra Island without heat and very little food. Lorne and Jean Oliver, a kindly older Jehovah’s Witness couple, every Friday would invite me to a magnificent dinner, topped with home-made blackberry cobbler and ice cream (my favourite desert). I would soak up the warmth of their roaring fire. We would then debate theology for the evening. They were very informed about their church’s dogma. I would prepare for each evening by text searching the bible for topics of conversation. They eventually persuaded me to join them at church. I was reluctant because of the church’s hatred for gays. They said Don’t worry, the church has changed When we got there, person after person popped up and testified how terrible gays were and responsible for all the evils of the world. I trusted my host’s protestations this was not the usual pastime. i It since occurred me this performance was for my benefit. She never asked me to go again. She cried and felt deeply ashamed. The irrational hatred of gays is to Christianity as the insane hatred of Jews is to Nazism. It is the one fundamental unifying principle. It defines them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Jesus as Leader
The Christian choice for planetary leader quit his job and became a homeless person then joined an all male gang and then was convicted of a capital crime and executed. He is reputed to be the emotional favourite of Republicans, yet Jesus is so utterly unlike any Republican candidate I have ever seen.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Jesus Non-Sequitur
Jesus’s core doctrine was to take no thought for the morrow, abandon your family, get rid of all your goods and become a beggar. The proof for the validity of this doctrine is a claim that Jesus’s mother did not have sex with anyone and that Jesus came back from the dead. If true, these would be impressive deeds, but would have absolutely nothing to do with the sanity of Jesus’s doctrine. It is a giant non-sequitur. Amusingly, even fundamentalist modern day Christians almost universally reject his core doctrine. They made up their own replacement, which involves tormenting homosexuals, something Jesus never mentioned. Some added prosperity-magic to the mix. The Catholics added opulence.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) The True Core Of The Jesus Myth by Christopher Hitchens
Jesus on Gays
What would Jesus say about the cornerstone of his church degenerating to become the persecution of homosexuals? He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. John 8:7~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Jesus’ Choice of Dinner Companion
Jesus was reputed to prefer tax collectors, the poor and sinners as dinner companions. Modern day Christians go out of their way to ostracise sinners such as unmarried mothers, gays and homeless people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Just Tell The Truth
Christians have threatened my life thousands of times, mostly because I am an out gay. I don’t want any retribution; I just want them to start telling the truth.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Keep Your Religion to Yourself
I don’t care how wonderful and infallible you think your religion is, you have no right to force it down my throat, even if you are the majority. That includes forcing your superstitions about gays and souls on me as well.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Kill a Gay; Save Your Marriage
Christians blame the existence of gays for the collapse of their marriages. Yet consider Texas. It is the most Christian state. It is also the most anti-gay state. It is also the state with the highest divorce rate. There is something wrong with this assumption.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
There’s a very slim chance that leprechauns exist too, but you don’t see fundamentalists running around claiming with absolute certainty they exist or tormenting gay people to keep the leprechauns happy.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Life Without Christian Morality
Perhaps the most galling thing about Christians is their conceit that if Christian morality were rejected there would be chaos, when they traditionally have been a force for evil: pro slavery, persecution of blacks, Jews and homosexuals, overpopulation, suppression of equal rights for women and gays, encouraging the spread of AIDS, intolerance, pro child rape and child molesting, suppressing all manner of freedoms, promoting Americans/Jews as the master race, pro war, anti-environment, pro-pollution and pro doing nothing about global warming. They imagine they have the right to micromanage the lives of others. They have no clue what constitutes moral behaviour.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
A British Christian registrar (civil marriage officiator) Lillian Ladele refused to perform civil unions for gay couples. She is suing in the European Court of Human Rights for her right to discriminate.
That is about as peculiar as getting a job as a vet and refusing to treat dogs and cats.
She denies she is a homophobic bigot because her bigotry is motivated by Christianity. She is unaware that nearly all homophobic bigots are Christian or Muslim. I personally have received over 3,200 death threats from them. When bigots drag gays to death behind their pickup trucks they do it in the name of the same Christianity Ms. Ladele uses to justify her bigotry. The only difference is just how far she is willing to go in her vigilante punishment of gay people. She apparently has never been taught the history of how bigots used the bible to justify enslaving her African ancestors and generally mistreating them. It is odd, then, that she considers the bible sufficient moral justification for bigotry against gays, denying them the ordinary privileges of citizenship.
People who request civil unions usually have been rejected by the churches or whom have rejected the churches. Gays and atheists are the most obvious people in this category. Why would someone with rigid Christian views take up a profession of performing marriages the churches refuse to perform and may even consider invalid? She is a power tripper who enjoys making lives miserable for others. She is no victim. She deliberately put herself in a position where she could torment gays. She is motivated by malice, not religion.
Adjudicating this case will entail a balancing of rights. Who is harmed more, the couple denied a ceremony, or Lillian Ladele who has to perform a ceremony for people she does not like?
What precedent do you set? Does a driving test examiner have the right to refuse Muslims? Does a doctor have the right to refuse to treat immigrants?
That is the whole point of discrimination legislation. If you hang out your shingle to accept the general public, especially if you are the government, you may not turn people away based on race, religion, sexual orientation etc. especially if you don’t like them for religious or other superstitious bigoted reasons.
If a registrar wants to be a bigot, she should find employment in an institution where bigotry is legally protected and encouraged such as the Catholic church.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Limited Rights to Christians
I respect your legal right to believe in Christianity, but by no means does this imply that I concede you have a right to torment blacks or homosexuals, or to force your filthy religion down other people’s throats.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Limiting Rights of Christian Bigots
I do not accept the right of Christian bigots to use the bible to deny gay people equal marriage rights, any more than I respect their ancestors who used the bible to justify their bigotry in denying black people freedom from slavery or equal civil rights. There are thousands of verses relevant to these matters in the bible and they choose to cherry pick the most vicious. They are malicious, cruel bastards and we should not let them get away with pretending to be motivated by holiness.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Living Among Christians
Imagine being whisked back in time to 1600. Most of the people around you believe in witches and like to watch women burning alive. You know this is blithering nonsense, but you can’t seem to persuade the witch-burners. That how I feel today confronting Christians and their delight in tormenting gay people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Locking in Creationism
There are two kinds of creationists, the professional con men who earn a living from it and their victims who hand over 10% or more of their lifetime income for the privilege of being brainwashed. The con men have a serious problem. Creationism is completely counter to fact. If they let their followers think about it, or expose them to science, they would soon realise how bogus it was. The con men have evolved a very sophisticated set of brainwashing tools to keep their victims in thrall. It works like this:
- The con men convince the victims they are very stupid. They cannot trust their own ability to reason. They can only trust god (in the form of the con men and their interpretations of the bible).
- The con men convince the victims that non-believers are all master magicians. They work for the devil to present simple rational arguments against creationism that appear sensible, but which are actually treacherous and bogus. So oddly, creationists believe all non-creationists are much smarter than they are, a result of their alliance with evil. This is an extreme paranoid delusion. Creationists think the majority of the people on earth (the non-creationists) are plotting to have them tortured for eternity. Why would anyone want do so such a terrible thing? Even creationists are not that devious or malicious. Those trying to talk creationists out of their delusions do not shout, threaten or harm. Surely some of them would be expected to give away their extreme hatred.
- The con men teach that the only way to protect yourself from all this Satanic treachery (and resultant hellfire) is to avoid all science and reason, especially evolution and believe in creationism no matter how silly it sounds.
It is true that creationists are unusually stupid, but that is only because they were brainwashed as infants to surrender their reason to the creationist con men.
Just what then actually motivates people to try to talk creationists out of their beliefs?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Because creationism is flat out wrong. It conflicts in every detail with the facts.
- Because children taught creationism cannot get good jobs in science and industry. That tanks the economy.
- Because creationists harm their children by relying on quack faith healers.
- Because creationists irrationally like to torment gay people and sometimes kill them.
- Because creationists, for irrational reasons, and with fanatical zeal, interfere in the lives of others on such issues of contraception, abortion, sex education, marijuana, nude sunbathing, organ transplant and end-of-life decisions.
- Because creationists force their religion on others. They refuse to accept the religious truce of separation of church and state. They demand to be treated as a special case.
- Because creationists refuse to obey the law. They imagine they are above the law. They think they are better than everyone else, with the right to boss everyone else around.
Making Excuses For Catholic Mayhem
As a gay lib pioneer, I have had over 350,000 abusive calls from Christians and received an average of 3 death threats a day. My friends and have been beat up and killed. Yet still the genocidal teachings of the Catholic church are treated as some sacred right. Let us put them in jail when they advocate bullying, persecution and murder.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Would a Christian embrace celibacy for life just because somebody else’s religion said they should? especially even if they did embrace celibacy they would still be treated as a pariah? Obviously not. Then why do Christians expect gays to kowtow to their religion? Why do they think the government should join in the irrational vendetta against gays?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Mean What You Say
I often say to Christians, If you don’t mean these crazy, and blood thirsty things in the bible, such as Leviticus 20:13 why don’t you find some way to formally repudiate them? The idea horrifies them. On some level, they do mean them. Jehovah commands every imaginable evil act, hence excusing it. Further, the whole notion of absolution is that you can do any horrible thing you want, so long as you buy an indulgence or persuade a priest to say a magic spell. Do what thou wilt was stolen from Christianity.
Amusingly Mary Polak, the Liberal candidate in the riding of Langley in BC, said her faith requires her to honour this verse, but she respects her campaign manager, Todd Hauptman, who is gay. She also opposes marriage equality and any form of education that acknowledges the existence of gay people. Her faith also requires her to honour slavery, but she makes an exception for that. What a hypocrite!~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Meaning and Purpose
If god’s life has intrinsic meaning, why can’t yours? God does not need a god to give meaning to his life. Atheists don’t need a god to give meaning to their lives. Instead of accepting some dull purpose in life like singing praises to Jehovah, you can decide your own, like ending hunger, restoring the environment, social justice for gays or women, literacy… Further, at different stages of your life, you can change your purpose, without anyone else’s approval.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Had I been injured in the 9/11 attack, I would be quite annoyed with various Christians milking my misfortune for their own nefarious purposes such as:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and Ken Hamm using it to sell their bigotry by suggesting 9/11 was a punishment from Jehovah for being insufficiently cruel to gay people.
- Those crazy Christians who found two pieces of steel riveted together and claimed it was a miracle from Jehovah. What nonsense! It would be a miracle if you did not find such a piece of rubble.
Christianity is a mind wasp that bores into the brain of the victim and releases its venom. The stinging venom drives the victim crazy. They become obsessed with killing and harming gays. They lose all ability to reason and believe blindly whatever they are told by the mind wasp cult, no matter how irrational.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Would you yank a part out of your car just because you did not understand its function? That is what Christians want society to do — purge it of all its homosexuals.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Had the bible called for torturing red-haired people to death, there would be lots of people still doing it. They would never question why. The people who insist on tormenting gay people for no reason other than a few lines in the bible are equally doltish.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Modern Day Witchhunts
Christians invented the witch hunt. Farmer Brown’s favourite cow died. This is terrible. Someone must be punished — anyone. Even today Pat Robertson and his ilk try to blame hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, 9/11… on homosexuals who have the temerity to exist.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What’s this BS about religious people being more moral? They are more likely to abuse kids. They are more likely to treat women as chattels. They are most likely to abuse gay people. They are more likely to cheer on wars. They are more likely to abuse the homeless. They are more likely to meddle in other people’s affairs.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Gays are much more moral than Christians. You never hear them calling for retribution against Christians. You never hear them calling for killing all the Christians. You never hear them demanding compensation for damages. They never beat up Christians. They never burn down or vandalise their churches.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians have the most appalling morality. Ironically they think everyone else’s morality is worthless and theirs is stellar.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Christians have no sense of fair play. They demand the right to harass gay people, and bully children suspected of being gay. They imagine simply because they are Christian they are so exalted that they should be exempt from the law.
- Christians believe in scapegoating. My tormenting an innocent animal or person, magically your sins are erased. This is utterly barbaric. The notion that Jesus suffered for your benefit is sick.
- The only reasons Christians behave well is for heavenly reward or to avoid hell. Christians are no more moral that cattle avoiding a prod.
Morality of Homophobia
A decent moral system should ensure everyone is happy and thriving. A moral system where gays are beaten and otherwise discriminated against is faulty. In such system, such as the Christian one, gays are miserable. Gays being happy would not in any way interfere with the lives of others. Such a defective moral system, could not have been created by a deity.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
More Christian Hypocrisy
Christians deny gays equal civil rights, claiming there is absolutely no hate involved. Then they go on to explain that gays marrying would be like a woman marrying a dog and that gays and gay sex are disgusting and that children must be protected from even knowing that gays exist. These arguments are similar to the hypocrisy Christians used first to justify slavery and later to deny blacks equal rights with separate by equal. If that is not hate, what is?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Mormons and Gays
40% of homeless Mormon youth are gay. They were kicked out of their home.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What is the most egregious thing the Catholic church does?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Encouraging superstition, such as demonic possession and the literal truth of the bible? No, it is much worse than that.
- Encouraging the suppression of civil rights, persecution and murder of gay people? No, it is worse than that.
- Running the world’s largest pedophile ring? Terrifying children into sex acts with threats of divine retribution. No, it is even worse than that.
- They not only interfere with birth control of their members, they interfere in everyone else’s family planning as well. They have succeeded in exploding the earth’s population many times higher than is sustainable. That population explosion has triggered the biggest mass extinction event in the last 65 million years. They committed this uber-crime for the most crass of motives, to acquire more members and hence more money.
Most Important Moral Issue
A poll revealed that 20% of Americans believe that the most pressing moral problem facing America is preventing gay people from marrying. They consider it more important that domestic violence, drug addiction, political corruption, promiscuity, gluttony, teen pregnancy, euthanasia and even abortion. I find this mind boggling. Christians want to block people they have never met from publicly promising fidelity to each other, a prime Christian value. Since gays and Christian rarely cross paths, whether gays marry or not has no effect whatsoever on the lives of the Christians. I suspect these same mindless Christian bigots, a generation ago, focused on making life miserable for blacks just because their preachers told them to.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Motivation For Christian Hatred of Gays
What motivates Christians to spend millions of dollars to deny gay people equality? Whether gays may marry or not affects them not in the least. It is not as though they are trying to discourage promiscuity. They are trying to encourage it. It is spite, pure meanness. It is the same vile sentiment that motivated them half a century ago to deny black people equal civil rights. They are stupid people and this is about he only away they have of feeling superior to others. They are envious that gays enjoy their lives so much more than they do, but that is their own choice to wear hair shirts. Their misery has nothing to do with gay people. It is caused by their choice of an inferior life philosophy.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Every church, culture and religion has its own list of what constitutes moral and immoral behaviour. Christians don’t recognise this plurality. The only list that has any validity at all is theirs. Even a small deviation from their list represents chaos, an utter abandonment of all decent behaviour. Any change to the list, or challenge to the list, represents a threat to the absolute, direct-from-the-mouth-of-god authority of their entire list.
The rationality of any individual rule is irrelevant and is not debatable because Christians believe the rules as a whole were dictated by the creator of the universe and thus don’t have to make any sense. His purposes are inscrutable. They don’t dare argue with the creator of the universe. Fear is what makes Christians cling to nutty ideas, not their apparent truthfulness. This conceit makes Christians extraordinarily resistant to change and logic. American Christians are among the most violent people on earth. That speaks quite poorly for the Christian moral code.
Atheists have a hard time making sense of the utterances of Christians because, since atheists don’t believe in the existence of any deities, they don’t fear gods. Atheists don’t belong to any churches, so they don’t fear social ostracism for rejecting some part of church teaching. You will discover atheists typically have strong moral codes which they hold with conviction. They reasoned them out. They did not just read about them in a book. They are thus much more sensible than Christian codes.
Even Christians, 99% of the time, have the common sense to reject biblical moral codes as somehow not applicable to them. Pretty much the only biblical injunction they carefully follow is scapegoating homosexuals.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Murder of Raymond TaavelRaymond Taavel was a well-known gay activist in Nova Scotia. He served as co-chair of Halifax Pride Week and was once the editor of Wayves magazine, a local gay publication. A burly psychiatric patient out on unescorted leave beat him to death while shouting anti-gay slurs.
I put the blame squarely on the churches and in particular the Catholic Church which is the original source of anti-gay propaganda.
I was a gay activist in the 1970s. I received about 380,000 abusive phone calls and 3000 death threats. Every homophobe justifies his violence with church doctrine. The churches no longer preach stoning adulterers or burning witches. It is high time they laid off encouraging violence against, bullying, harassment and persecution of gay people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In the Netherlands, there is no problem with anti-gay discrimination among the native population. But among the recent Muslim immigrants there is, including beatings and murders. I think prospective immigrants should be told, This is a tolerant country. If you go discriminating against gays, harassing them or beating them, you will be sent home.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Muslims Acting Like Christians
What would you think of a group of Fundamentalism Muslims who managed to get control of the town council and passed the following ordinances designed to encourage the spread of Islam.
- City purse to provide money for loudspeakers for the five times a day call to prayer.
- Public stoning of anyone who eats pork.
- Required to spit at least once a month on the town’s gay couple.
Christians are similar imposing their religious beliefs on others:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Avalanche of non-stop kitschy Christmas music for four weeks each year imposed on non-Christians.
- Tattletaling anyone involved in procreation without marriage, even the baby.
- Required to spit at least once a month on the local gay couple. This is the most important teaching of the church. Gays are the holy scapegoats. Without someone to spit on, how could we Christians have any self esteem?
My Personal Story
My parents were nominal atheists, though my mom was superstitious, believing in ghosts, ESP (Extra Sensory Perception), witches etc. I fairly quickly figured out that Santa Claus was a lie. To me God and Jesus was just more of the same BS. I read the Greek, Roman and Norse myths. I loved the stories, but I never once entertained the possibility they might be true. I named my pets after classic heroes.
My mom told me to stay away from Christians. Of course, as a teenager my rebellion took the form of sneaking out to visit churches to interview people about what and why they believed. I concluded they had not the first clue. They just had vague childhood ideas lingering on from childhood. Later in life I explored the Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Muslims who were much clearer on the twaddle they ostensibly believed.
When I was 15 it dawned on me that I was gay. It had never occurred to me previously that there was anything wicked about my attractions for other boys. My parents harboured the same homophobia and misconceptions of our Christian neighbours. If I had not managed to become straights, I decided to commit suicide on my 21st birthday by lowering myself into the frozen Deeks mountain lake weighed down by rocks. As luck would have it, I met gay people and realised everything I had heard about gays was a lie. I wrote a book called A Guide for The Naïve Homosexual. All the people coming to visit me as a result of the book evolved into a gay lib group. My phone never stopped ringing with Christians swearing at me and threatening to kill me. I got about 350 calls a day. This lead me to very dim view of Christians, one I hold to this day.
I set up a website called mindprod.com. I wrote many essays and snippets on why religion was false and evil. I also tackled related subjects like the Afghan and Iraq wars, gay lib, euthanasia and marijuana legalisation. My left-leaning views infuriated the American Christians who renewed their death threats.
There was never any question for me that Christianity, and religion in general, were nonsense. Only the stupidest people swallowed it and they had no arguments to support their belief. The claim that Jesus was any more plausible than Apollo struck me as too outrageous for words. It always seemed like Christians were pulling my leg. Nobody could seriously believe something that silly. My current thinking is Christians have been traumatised with threats of hellfire when they were too young or too distressed to think clearly. Clinging to Christianity has no rational content, no it is very hard to reason a Christian (or Muslim for that matter) out of his delusions.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
A Christian British Airways employee, Nadia Eweida, was asked to stop wearing a cross. She is suing in the European Court of Human Rights. Air line employees wear uniforms. It is part of the job. Airlines spend millions of dollars designing the uniforms to create a particular effect. Gaudy beads, leg warmers, a cross, a political button, a find from an Indian bazaar, a nun’s habit, a Habib… all spoil that effect. The cross is particularly bad because its trying to push a point of view not shared by the airline or its customers. It makes customers uncomfortable, particularly non-Christians. It may even be perceived as threatening, as if to say, only Christians are welcome here or I strongly disapprove of drinking alcohol even though I am peddling it under duress. If the passenger is Muslim, it would say I approve of the genocide of your people in the crusades. If the passenger is gay, it says I would like to kill you if I could get away with it. If she wants to proselytize, let her do in on her own time, or go work in a Christian supply store. She has no right to push her delusions on the airline’s captive customers. I would see no objection to her wearing religious fetishes under her clothing. She claims she is being fired for being Christian. Nonsense. She was fired for refusing to stop modifying her uniform to give the false impression British Airways promotes Christianity. She would have been similarly fired for refusing to remove a political button, a football team pin, an ask me about Amway tag or a decorative pendant made by her niece. The whole point of her cross is to advertise Jesus. In principle, it is no different from advertising Amway. Wearing the uniform as given is part of her employment contract.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Neo Nazi Christians
Imagine a religion that called for murder of all Jews, blacks, or Polish people… We certainly would not be giving them government subsidies. Yet we give subsidies to the Christian religion that calls for the execution of all gays. It is like subsidising a neo-Nazi church. If they don’t mean kill all the gays, they should remove it from their official handbook, or officially interpret it in a way to nullify it.
The only reason they get away with it is tradition.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
With religion you have no agreement on what is wicked/sinful/haram. How could you possibly expect to? Religions notions don’t have to be justified with reasons. They are superstitions. Even within Christianity, churches cannot agree on the wickedness of gay marriage, for example.
Without religion, you have law. Here, astonishingly, within each country a consensus was found on extremely detailed matters of wickedness. Law is supposed to make sense. That gives it a huge leg up over religion in being universal/absolute. People had rules of conduct for 100,000 years before Jehovah was even a twinkle in Jewish eyes.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
No Forced Craziness
Christians have every right to believe whenever untrue or crazy dogmas they please, so long as they don’t impose them by force on others. By others I include Muslims, gays and all children. By force I include using law or any form of punishment.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
No Phony Respect
You ought not to affect respect for someone’s religion any more than you should feign respect for his belief in fairies. You are just encouraging his delusion with your dishonest pretense. On the other hand, so long as his nutty beliefs do not cause him to attack you (e.g. as Christians attack gays or deny civil rights) you have no business trying to make his life miserable.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
No Quarrel with Jehovah
I don’t quarrel with god any more than I quarrel with Paul Bunyan. I quarrel with Christians making untrue statements and persecuting gays and non-Christians pretending god made them do it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians make an argument for some creative principle that designed the universe, then claim that justifies tormenting homosexuals. It simply does not follow.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Not In the Bible
Some proverbs are so familiar, people just assume they came from the bible. These ones did not:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. However, Matthew 7:12 says Therefore all things whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
- Heaven helps those who help themselves.
- The devil makes work for idle hands.
- Marriage is between one man and one woman.
- Jesus has nothing to say about gay people.
- Spare the rod and spoil the child. Proverbs 13:24 does say He that spares his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastens him early.
Not Just Gays
Those that use Leviticus to justify killing gays have never read Leviticus. If they did, they would know it requires you to murder just about everybody including those wicked folks who eat shrimps, crabs, clams or oysters.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Nutshell Argument
A Christian makes some claim, e.g. It would be a good thing to roast all the gay people alive.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I say Why do you think that?
They say The bible says so.
I say So what?
They say Its the word of God.
I say It could not possibly be. If you read the bible cover to cover you soon discover it was written by a band of pompous, uneducated, control freaks. It is full of errors and inconsistencies. If God wrote it, it would have to be perfect. It is nowhere near the quality you would expect of the creator of the universe. Further, God is depicted as evil, sadistic, cruel, devious, deceptive, capricious and frankly nuts. Surely he would not make himself look more Satanic than Satan while simultaneously claiming to be infinitely merciful. The authors of the bible did not even know the earth was round, that π was not 3, that stars were distant suns, that there was no celestial ocean, how to cure leprosy, how to breed animals, much less anything about atoms, molecules, relativity black holes, the age of the earth and quantum mechanics. How could the creator of the universe not know all those things?
They say You lie. The bible is 100% true, and 100% the inerrant word of god. It contains no inconsistencies. You must be taking things out of context.
I say Have you read it cover to cover yet? I can’t see how you possibly could have and failed to notice what a mess most of it is. You sound like someone who has only read the cherry picked highlights.
They say Well no. But experts have and they agree with me..
I say Did anyone ever give you a reason why you should trust that the bible is the word of God?.
They say Well no, but everyone has known that since Adam.
I say So you just took it on faith, trusting someone else who trusted someone else…. However, there is no way you will ever convince me without some reason. I have never heard any reason why god likely composed the bible and thousands of reasons why a deity could not have composed it. It is thus insane to believe it is a god’s handiwork. Further, since I have read the bible cover to cover and you have not, it would not make sense for me to be taking instruction from you on what it contains.
Objective morality is an oxymoron. Morality is a value, a type of thought, something inside the mind. Objective means an object in the world that exists independent of any mind. People sometimes try to claim the bible contains an objective morality, but since Christians pick and choose from it what they please and interpret it as they please, it is not even a common morality. Every other religion has such a divine moral code too. There is nothing special about the Christian one. Further, all it represents is the moral thinking of ignorant animal herders 3000 years ago. There is no reason to suppose their ideas are any better than ours. In fact, every Christian I have ever met uses modern morality and ignores biblical morality, (with the exception of dutifully tormenting (but not killing) homosexuals) while thundering about the absolute perfection of God’s word.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Odious Christian Behaviour
Christianity makes its adherents behave in an odious way:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They hand their children over to priests to be molested and raped.
- They harass and kill homosexuals and encourage others to do so too.
- They block birth control.
- They interfere in other people’s abortions.
- They force the terminally ill to undergo unbearable pain.
- They promote junk science which leads to suicidal policies.
- They are constantly trying to force their religious superstitions on others.
- Their churches are still segregated by race.
- Facts and reason means nothing to them. All that matters is primitive superstition.
- They think they are better than everyone else.
If you oppose fundamentalist Islam for its dogmatism and suppression of women and gays, then logically you should oppose fundamentalist Christianity for exactly the same reasons.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Opposition to Gay Marriage Is Irrational
Christians usually oppose gay marriage. This is irrational. Sometimes gay parents adopt kids. Are the kids better or worse off? These kids would otherwise be raised in foster homes or orphanages. Science has shown two parents are better than one, no matter what the genders. These kids are much better off because of gay marriage. They are better off even than in heterosexual single parent families. This is much closer to the Christian ideal than an orphanage.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians think they have the right to impose their taboos on others, in particular homophobia. That would be like Hindus forcing everyone to treat cows as sacred.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians think they have the right to impose their taboos on others, in particular homophobia. That would be like Muslims stopping everyone from eating pork.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christianity is formed of a great many beliefs and attachments, for example:
- disbelief in a self-creating universe.
- belief in the inerrancy of the bible.
- belief in answered prayer.
- belief in faith healing.
- liking the baked good served at coffee after church.
- desire to carry on a family tradition.
- attachment to the songs and ceremonies of the denomination.
- belief in heaven and hell.
- belief in an invisible spy in the sky watching them masturbate.
- relief from confession.
- enjoyment of feeling superior to others, especially gays.
It is unlikely anyone will yank the band aid off all at once and drop all these attachments. Likely they will peel away one at a time over the years.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Parts of the Bible Christians Ignore
Here are some parts of the bible that all Christians ignore. If the bible is the inerrant word of god, how dare they use common sense to override these idiotic verses:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Deuteronomy 13:13-17 You must kill everyone in a village if even one person in the village is not Christian.
- Exodus 20:3-17 You must kill someone if they cut their lawn on Sunday.
- Exodus 20:3-17 You must kill someone if they own a photograph or sculpture.
- Exodus 21:15 You must kill your child if they fail to show you sufficient respect.
- Numbers 3:13 You must sacrifice your first born.
- Leviticus 18:22 You must kill all homosexual people. Many Christians treat this as the only sin that counts.
- Matthew 18:34 You must torture people if they don’t pay their debts on time.
- I Chronicles 16:30 You must kill adulterers, both male and female.
- Exodus 22:18 You must kill witches.
- Leviticus 11:9-31 You must kill anyone who eats a rabbit.
- Leviticus 11:9-31 You must kill anyone who eats a lobster.
- Deuteronomy 22:28-29 You must either kill a woman who is raped or force her to marry her rapist.
- Matthew 19:3-9 Divorcees, except men who divorce sexually immoral women, who remarry are adulterers, and hence must be killed.
- Leviticus 21:18-21 You must not permit anyone with injury to his genitals into your church.
- Matthew 6:5-6 You must not pray in public.
- Matthew 19:21 You should give all you have to the poor.
- Leviticus 14:2-11The best way to cure leprosy is to daub dove blood over the patient.
- I Kings 7:23π is 3.
- The age of the earth is 6000 years. This is Bishop Ussher’s estimate by adding up the durations of various events in the bible.
- Genesis 30:37-39 Striped and spotted animals are created when the copulating parents view white stakes.
Pat Robertson’s Christianity
When a disaster strikes, you can count on Pat Robertson to exploit it to sell his wing nut Christianity by claiming it is the god Jehovah’s revenge for something Robertson disapproves of. However, has been remarkably silent in the face of the extraordinary wild fires in Colorado Springs, Colorado. What could he say? These people are white, Christian, Republican, global warming deniers and anti-gay. They are without sin.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Peer Pressure Evil
Let’s say you were a kindly Muslim. Your fellows like whipping women who fail to cover they heads sufficiently in public. You think this barbaric, but you keep quiet because you think everyone around you is highly in favour of it. You are concerned they may discover your liberality and come after you. To throw them off the scent, you wave you sword and demand death to the infidel women. Unbeknownst to you, your three closest friends feel the same way. I suspect this mechanism worked in the time of Savaranola, The Inquisition, the witch trials, the Holocaust, lynching blacks and gay bashing. It helps propagate pathological violent ideologies.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Picking A Religion
I have always been interested in religions. Here are some notes on helping you pick one.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Main Religions Buddhism Very undogmatic. They tell you to simply ignore any dogma you don’t like. Reincarnation is more plausible than heaven/hell. Their reincarnation scheme integrates other species. Usually peaceful though a rogue militant sect has arisen in Sri Lanka. Christianity Kitsch. Most important precept is harassing gays. Most Christians ignore most of the rest of the bible. Aimed at the aggressively stupid. The god Jehovah is intensely evil, but Christians are so afraid of him they pretend not to notice. Their main selling point is Jehovah will torture you if you reject their religion. Species chauvinism. Anti environment. Greek Polytheistic. Many imaginative stories intended to be taken metaphorically. The gods do not pretend to be omnipotent, omnibenevolent etc. Hinduism Garish. Joyful. Very superstitious. Adherents spend hours a day in rituals. Big on flowers. Islam The Qur’an is more plausible as a work of a deity than the bible. It is also more reasonable. Adherents are rigid fundamentalists happy to kill people in gruesome ways for the most trivial reasons. Reading the Qur’an will give you nightmares for months. Jain Extreme reverence for life. Vegetarian. Wear masks to avoid inhaling insects. Judaism Christianity is based on Judaism, but Judaism is much more relaxed and rational, except for the Zionists. No hell. Norse Polytheistic. Many entertaining stories, tending to be gorier than the Greek. Mormonism Joseph Smith, a convicted con man, founded the religion in 1830. The stories of how he conned his neighbours with his preposterous stories is a monument to gullibility. Mormons tend to be healthy and good looking. They have a strong sense of community. Roman Like Greek, with new names and a few additions. Emperors liked to declare themselves gods. Scientology A practical joke that people took seriously. L. Ron Hubbard said he created it for the money. Taoism Raise vagueness and multiple meanings to high art. Poetic. Concerned more with what you have to do for practical success than philosophical moral principles.
Christianity has so poisoned the air with homophobia, that parents are afraid to tell or show their kids they love them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The most disgusting thing about Christians is they preach hate toward gay people who did nothing to them. They encourage violence even toward children who have been accused of being gay. The bastards are so smug they pretend this vile behaviour is the highest virtue.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Pretending Gays Do Not Exist
OneMillionMoms want to ban all gay characters from the media, even comic books. They want to promote the lie that gay people do not exist. They are similar to segregationists who sought to hide the fact the black people existed from white children. Oddly though, they seem to have no problem with cannibals, mass murderers, psychotic sadists, war criminals, rapists, child-torturing Iraq war vets etc. being depicted on prime time TV. What really burns them up is existing while gay. Talk about gagging on a gnat and swallowing a camel.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Preventing Christians From Doing Harm
It must be shocking for Christians to learn one of my life goals is to eliminate their religion. They must imagine I am sort of Hitler bent on harm. Quite the reverse. I want to stop Christians from doing harm including:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Persecuting homosexuals, often driving them to suicide.
- Running the earth’s biggest pedophile ring that uses Jehovah as a bogey man to terrify children into compliance.
- Blessing and encouraging wars, especially against non-Christians.
- Telling lies about science and scientists.
- Interfering with efforts to stop global warming.
- Interfering in the private reproductive lives of non-Christians.
- Encouraging run-away population growth among Christians.
- Conning the poor, elderly and feeble minded out of their life savings.
- Interfering in the end-of-life decisions of non-Christians.
- Interfering in organ donations and transplants.
- And that is just my major complaints…
Fundamentalist Christians such as Michele Bachmann believe they should have a religious right to discriminate against gays, e.g. refuse service in shops, businesses, governments… Some of her bigot friends go so far to claim the right to beat up or kill homosexuals. When civil rights activists point out that this right conflicts with the right of homosexuals to go through life unmolested, Christians argue:
- The rights of homosexuals do not count. They are untouchables in the Christian view.
- The rights of Christians are holy rights. They trump everyone else’s rights. God trumps the government.
I would argue against the Christians this way:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Freedom of religion includes freedom to reject Christianity. Christians do not have a right to impose their religious superstitions about gays on non-Christians. In return, other religions cannot impose their beliefs on Christians.
- In the USA the rights of everyone are equal. Christians are not privileged. Every religion thinks they are #1, but no one else is required to go along with such childish puffery.
- Freedom of religion gives you the right to practice your religion freely. It is not a get out of jail free card to harm others. It does not give you the right to do anything your religion requires, only those things that you can do without interfering with others.
The Problem With Islam
Usually I point my criticism toward Christianity. Here are the main things wrong with Islam:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Islam does not believe in separation of church and state.
- Islam kills apostates.
- Islam treats women like cockroaches.
- Islam hangs gay people.
- Islam often condones murder and bizarre violence.
Protected Religious Practices
There is a school of thought that one should never criticise religion. I agree it is boorish to criticise religious food taboos, hairstyles, forms of dress and styles of music. This is their business alone. However, another way of saying that something is motivated by religion is that the only reason to do it is tradition. It does not have a valid reason. This means you should examine any religious belief to make sure it has no victims, for example: pro choice people, homosexuals, people of other faiths, girls who are forcibly circumcised, the terminally ill who want do die, children taught junk science, people who go without organ transplants, people forced to pay huge fees for disposal of their bodies…~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Humans have an incredible ability to rationalise wrongdoing. One of the Hutus in the Rwanda genocide justified killing his neighbours by saying I did not kill them. I just cut off their hands with a machete (making them bleed to death). A Christian could poison the dog of his gay neighbour and feel profoundly virtuous claiming God commanded me to do it.. Christians can push their religion on others in the courtrooms and schools and convince themselves they had done everyone a favour. Christians can block the physician assisted suicide of non-Christian dying in intractable pain convinced this meddling was justified because their sadistic god would not like it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Ratzinger Pedophile Coverups
Pope Ratzinger both before and after his papacy is best known for his pedophile coverups. He appointed more than of the cardinals that elected Pope Francis (Jorge Mario Bergoglio). Despite Bergoglio’s moderate reputation (I don’t know how you could call a Jesuit moderate and he is on record as supporting the traditional anti-gay anti-birth control views.), we can thus be assured that Catholic traditions will preserved including child molesting, persecuting gays, oppressing women, interfering with the end-of-life and organ transplant decisions of non-Catholics and meddling in everyone’s family planning, spreading pestilence as a side effect. Francis does not look like a pope. He looks like Woody Allen dressed up as a pope or Leslie Jordan who played Bernard Ferrion on Boston Legal.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Ratzinger’s Non-Confidence Motion
Pope Ratzinger resigned because he lost confidence of the Catholic congregations. The church is haemorrhaging members. He has his own personal child molesting scandals lingering from his pre-pope days. Further, his butler exposed financial scandals. Child sexual abuse is as fundamental to the Catholic Church as praying to the Virgin Mary. There is no way he could excise it even if he tried. The Catholic Church is the world’s largest and oldest pedophile ring.
Who is to replace him? A Canadian? Nothing would change. Canadian Catholics cheerlead gaybashing, oppose gay marriage, oppose birth control, oppose abortion even after rape, want to exclude women from the clergy and deny the right to die under any circumstances. The only place left in the world where the Catholic Church is not actively evil is South America. They would be wise to tap that vein of virtue and vigour, particularly El Salvador. What the cardinals might do is elect an African pope to the right of Attila the Hun. For a short while they might fool people that they have done something progressive.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What techniques do Christians use to gain new converts?
- Repetition starting in the cradle taking advantage of the natural credulity of infants.
- Hypnotic induction.
- Chanting and singing slogans.
- False promises of multi-fold rewards for tithing.
- False promises of infinite wealth and bliss after death.
- Threats of hell fire after death.
- Threats of death, torture or shunning for non-belief.
- Beating up scapegoats, particularly gays.
- Catching people at their lowest ebb and promising them whatever they need, e.g. never-ending companionship.
What techniques do atheists use to try to talk people into abandoning religious superstition?
- Pointing out inconsistencies in Christian doctrine and scripture. They logically cannot be correct.
- Pointing out discrepancies between scripture and what is scientifically known to be true from observation. Scripture cannot be correct.
- Pointing out how both in theory and in practice a belief in Christianity makes people behave less ethically.
Notice two things:
- Atheists are much more ethical in their approach to conversion.
- Christians cannot easily be argued out of Christianity because they were never argued into it.
What Christians need is reassurance that they will not be tortured. They are adult children of trauma. Whether god exists is irrelevant. What counts is whether he will torture them. They believe they cannot take the chance, even if it is remote. They need motherly reassurance not logical arguments why god is bogus.
They also need know how their pastor is conning them. It is irrelevant if other pastors do.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
A generation ago, bigots argued against civil rights for black people using the same religious/superstitious arguments they are trotting out again today to deny gay people equal rights.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Refusal to Provide Evidence
Christians cannot produce any evidence for the existence of their god. Instead they demand others provide absolute proof of his non-existence. The law only requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt in a capital crime. A Christian would insist on chemotherapy unless his doctor could provide absolute proof he did not have cancer. A Christian would confess to being gay because he could not provide absolute proof he was straight.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Refusal to Read the Bible
The fact that Christians today are so ignorant of the bible stories suggests they don’t read the bible, but use it as a holy object, to wave and people to intimidate them. That ignorance makes me wonder what churches are teaching today as Christianity. Has rejection of contraception, hatred of homosexuals, the evil of abortion, the rejection of climate change, compulsory school prayer, gun ownership, segregation and contempt for the environment replaced the traditional teachings?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Refusal to Repudiate
Christians refuse to repudiate obsolete doctrines such as:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- You must kill your child if he sasses you.
- You must beat your child if he disobeys you.
- You must beat your slaves to the point of death.
- You must stone homosexuals to death.
- You must stone adulterers to death.
- You must kill brides who are not virgins.
- You must allow rapists to purchase their victims for sexual slavery.
- You must kill people who eat shrimp.
- You must kill people who wear underwear made of nylon and lycra.
- You must kill people who fail to keep a fire burning in the church altar.
- You must kill people who lend money at interest.
Refusal To Serve
Imagine somebody got a job in airport security. Part of the job required them to pat people down. Imagine they made a fuss and refused to pat down men, or children, or gays, or Hasidic Jews, or Muslims, or untouchable caste Hindus, or women wearing ha jibs… What would you do, make special provision to have someone on duty at all times to deal with the classes they found untouchable? What if that relief person also had an untouchable list? I think the only sensible way to deal with this is to fire the reluctant worker. They got the job under false pretenses that they were willing to pat down everyone.
This same principle should apply to any job where the worker serves the public, e.g. waits food, bakes cakes, issues marriage licenses…
Christians think their silly superstitions trump the rights of everyone else. They imagine the universe is constrained to rearrange itself to accommodate them. These reasons to refuse service are arbitrary and silly. No one else should have to pay any attention to them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Rejecting the Bible
I reject the bible as a counterfeit work. It is a clumsy forgery of what is alleged to be the work of a deity. The amusing thing is nearly all Christians reject it just as much as I do. About the only thing they keep is the bit about killing gays, which does not even apply to them. Most of them have read at most a cherry-picked couple of pages. They ignore every other commandment as too barbaric, e.g. killing your kid for sassing you, or killing your wife for not having a hymen, or killing your neighbour for cutting his grass on Sunday, or killing your neighbour for being a Buddhist. They keep the stuff about Adam and Eve, but that is just an entertaining fairy tale. It has no significance unless you are a historian of science.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religion and Law
I see the essence of the separation of church and state debate is how much power does a majority have to impose religious notions through the law.
For example, the majority does have the right to make rape illegal, even if the reason they want such a law is purely to appease Jehovah. The minority accepts the law as making sense secularly too.
However, would a majority have the right to make blood transfusions illegal, given the only reason is religious? I would say no. However, it might be very hard to stop a majority from abusing its power.
The religious majority persecutes gays, opposes birth control or opposes abortion of a single cell for purely religious reasons and they have been getting away with it. They are effectively using the law to impose their religious beliefs on others.
There might be quite a squawk if a religious majority banned religious clothing of other religions, or commanded everyone wear a crucifix, even if this symbolic yoke imposed much less on practical freedom.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religion is a False Phobia
When a new predator arrives on an island, it often wipes out some of the existing prey species because the prey have no genetically-passed fear of the new predator. For example, humans wiped out the dodo from the island of Mauritius this way because dodos had no fear of humans.
Humans have evolved a mechanism to deal with this problem. They have a wetware scheme for rapidly installing new phobias. Parents can learn new phobias from experience and can instill them in their children with hypnotic songs, bedtime stories and by example demonstrating fear but mostly by repeated warnings.
The catch is, that same mechanism can also be used to induce false-alarm phobias, and these phobias then propagate from generation to generation mutating and causing havoc. Two examples of common false phobias are a phobia of elderly, white-bearded, invisible men (aka Christianity), homophobia, garter snakes and black cats. These false phobias accumulate over the generations and induce all manner of irrational and cruel behaviour.
It is difficult to remove such false phobias even when you have recognised them intellectually as false. One of the most rapid and effective methods is called EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing). It requires the conscious co-operation and effort on the part of the person with the false phobia, so it cannot, for example, be used to deprogram murderous religious fanatics who do not want to be deprogrammed.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religion as the Foundation of Morality
Religious people worry that without their religion, there would be no foundation for morality. What is the morality their religions teach?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Other people’s birth control is more your business than theirs.
- What other people do in bed is more your business than theirs.
- You, as a believer, count as a full human. Others do not. Your god will torment them for eternity for choosing the wrong form of worship. You should make their lives as miserable as possible in anticipation.
- Your god wants you to kill gays and many others.
- It is your job to kill or make unmarried mothers as miserable as possible.
- Eating shrimp is very very wicked.
- You must keep people alive as long as possible, even against their will because your god enjoys their suffering. Pain is Jesus’s kisses.
- You have the right to take other people’s real estate if your god promised it to early adopters of your religion.
- Women and children are chattels who need to be beaten.
- It was a mistake to repeal slavery.
Religion Overriding the Constitution
Religious belief should not give you a special right to harm others. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms says gender, sexual preference, race and religion are not valid grounds for discrimination. Religion should not give you special licence to override the constitution.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Trinity college refuses to accept this duty of Canadian citizenship and bars gays from its law school.
Religion Is Protected Hate Speech
Religion is not only protected hate speech it is protected hate deeds. Christians are given a green light to persecute, harass, beat up, deny employment, deny the right to marry, deny the right to adopt, bully children, lie about… gay people all for no reason other than a line in a iron age book also condemning hundreds of classes of people to death that everyone ignores as obsolete. Their cruel behaviour is considered their divine right and their exercise of freedom of religion. It would be quite rational of gays to retaliate in kind, but, of course, such behaviour would not be tolerated for a microsecond. In other words, irrational hate is ok, but rational hate is not.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians have some pretty strange religious superstitions:
- You may not have sex unless you first have a religious ceremony to make it ok.
- You may not have sex if you are homosexual.
- The only legitimate sex is with the same person your entire life.
- You must force someone near the end-of-life to endure horrible pain because Jehovah the god gets off on pain. You must force them to stay alive to endure the maximum pain.
- People must die because you think organ transplants are icky.
- Abortion is wicked because undetectable souls enter the zygote at conception (even though nobody even knew about zygotes in biblical times).
- It is wicked to use vaccines to prevent HPV/cancer because they make sex less dangerous.
- Condoms are wicked because they prevent HIV.
- You must force other people to pray to your god in public even though the bible says public prayer is wrong.
- You have to believe a children’s story about a global flood that never happened.
- Studying evolution causes moral depravity.
Freedom of religion gives Christians the right to observe these nutty superstitions. However, Christians refuse to recognise freedom of religion also is supposed to stop Christians from imposing this insanity on others. They use their numbers to obtain extreme religion freedom for themselves and curtail it for others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religion is Wicked
Religion is not an innocuous affectation. It is wicked and dangerous. When someone says they believe in God, what they really mean in they accept the teachings of some church. Those doctrines will include such nutty ideas as:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- There is no need to take action on global warming.
- It is your duty to harass homosexuals.
- Women should defer to men.
- You must interfere with other people’s birth control to maximise the population explosion.
- You must interfere with other people’s end-of-life decisions.
- You must interfere with organ donations and organ transplants.
- The earth is only 6000 years old and all science is a demonic plot.
- The poor and sick deserve their fate. They must have done something to offend God.
- There is no need to worry about endangered species because Jesus is coming soon.
- Children should learn the science popular 4000 years ago in school instead of modern science.
- The errors and inconsistencies in the bible are not really there. It is inerrant and perfect.
Religions Are Groups of People With Common Delusions
I have always looked on a religion as a group of people and what they do. Their god was just some silly make-believe game they played. From this point of view the only thing I could use to adjudicate a religion was how well its adherents behaved. I was unimpressed by everyone but the Buddhists. But even they are behaving badly of late.
The Christians would chastise me and say I should not judge Christianity by how Christians behaved, but by what the bible says about how they should behave. One Christian suggested that Christianity was designed for particularly wicked people, so you should expect Christians to behave worse than average.
I read the bible and discovered not only did their god behave worse than Hitler, their rules, if followed, were stark raving bonkers. I am sure very few Christians have ever read the old and new testaments in their entirety. I have created a bible study guide to point out some of this craziness.
It is not that Christians are failing to live up to a high ideal. The teachings of the bible are downright evil. Christians are behaving as well as they do because they ignore the bible. In no way is Christianity making them behave better.
Nearly everyone who has threatened to kill me over my life was a Christian and they were doing it ostensibly for religious motives — feeling it was ok to threaten me because I was gay. They are crazy loons. They should be incarcerated.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religions Must Take Responsibility for What they Teach
Every religion teaches the notion of some in group. God loves these people. He does not like anyone else. The holy book somewhere will advise avoiding out group people and killing them.
Secular morality tempers these religious commandments.
When people join a religion, it is a bit like joining the Nazi party. When they later kill Jews it should come as no surprise to them or anyone else. They have no excuse and the religion has no excuse either.
If Christians did not mean you should kill gay people, they should formally disown the bible verses that command them too. Until they do, blood is on their hands.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Obviously, employees may not wear political tee shirts because that gives the mistaken impression the company promotes some political candidates. In a similar way, an employee should not wear a giant cross or a hijab because it gives the mistaken impression the company promotes Christianity or Islam. This is especially true in a company where there is a corporate uniform such as fast food, airline or parcel delivery.
You might argue employees never exposed to the public should be given complete freedom in dress. However, they are deliberately intimidating fellow employees with implied proselytising. If employees want the comfort of religious symbols, let them wear them discreetly under their clothing. Other employees should not have to be exposed to them.
For example, the cross is the symbol of bloody human sacrifice and a call to murder gays, similar to the swastika. I don’t think some bullying Christian should be permitted to metaphorically shove that revolting thing down my throat. We over-accommodate religious superstitions. After all, religious dress codes are just traditions/superstitions with no practical justification.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If religion stuck to meaningless questions such as the purpose of the universe and speculating on the nature of undetectable supernatural beings, then it could be compatible with science. But it does not. It demands to have its way on matters of scientific fact such as evolution and social policy such as abortion, gay marriage and euthanasia. It demands to impose its superstitions on non-believers as well. Traditionally religious tolerance has been considered a virtue, however, putting up with such bullying is just plain cowardice.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religious Caste Systems
Religions like to institute caste systems. Most people are familiar with the caste system in India ranging from Brahmins to untouchables. In the USA the Catholics put themselves a the top, then the protestants, then the Muslims, then the atheists and the gays as their untouchables. Evangelicals put themselves at top, then moderate protestants, then the Hispanics, then the blacks, then the Muslims, then the atheists, and the gays as their untouchables.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Essentially the problem in deciding what should count as a religious exception to civil rights is this. Christians are so conceited, they think they are the only people who count. The rights of the gays not to be maltreated are of no concern. Only the insane sadistic whims of Christians matter. There should be no exception which harm others, which for all practical purposes means there should be no exceptions.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
There are Christians demanding special exemptions to murder gays, to harass them, to refuse them service, including medical care, to bully them, to beat them up. From the gay point of view, these exemptions are madness. They are based on a bronze age superstition that requires sacrificing gays to prevent earthquakes. From the gay point of view, putting up with this maltreatment is quite an imposition just to humour lunatics.
Christians are also demanding special exemptions to murder their own children by denying them medical care, refusing vaccinations and by severely beating them.
Even non-Christians still think of religious exceptions as having very high priority, when in reality they are just the ravings of the deluded. We can permit Christian superstitions and protect them, but only when they don’t cause harm to others. It is madness to sacrifice a child so that some adult can enjoy the luxury of indulging in a superstition. Religious rights shouldn’t trump other people’s right to life and liberty.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Let’s say that bible-based discrimination against blacks were still a major problem. Would we give religious exemptions to Christians to discriminate against blacks? I think it highly unlikely. Why then give exemptions for discrimination against gays? Why are gays more deserving of mistreatment that blacks? If you favour the exemption, the reason is your own bigotry. To some degree, you think gays should be punished for being gay and you want the bigoted Christians free to do it for you.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Those who support religious exemptions to anti-discrimination law to allow Christians to harass gays are saying that gays should be good sports and humour the whacko Christians with their bronze age superstitions about gays causing earthquakes. In other words, Christian delusion trumps gay pain. Why should gays have to put up with that especially from such obnoxious, delusional people as the Christians? Nobody else has to put up with that. Would you give the Christians a pass on animal cruelty laws so they could torture goats? I doubt it. Are not gay people at least as deserving of life as liberty as goats?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What motivates a Christian to want the legal right to discriminate against gays? He hates gays, simply because gays are the official Christian scapegoat. It is socially required to hate them. The Christian enjoys the fantasy of turning away some gay customers with a rude remark. He finds distasteful the fantasy of serving a gay couple e.g. selling them a cake. He has almost no interest in what this discrimination feels like to the gay people. They may be turned away from accommodation, and can’t find an alternative. The Christian spitefully enjoys creating this inconvenience. He likes causing pain for gays. The gay person is puzzled, What did I ever to do harm them? Gays are citizens just like everyone else. Surely their needs count too. Why is everyone focussed only on the religious freedom to behave badly? Surely the right to go through life unmolested trumps the right to enjoy making others miserable.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Just how extreme do you have to be to be considered a religious extremist?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Believe in talking snakes?
- Lobby for nuclear war so you can have lunch with Jesus?
- Lynch a homosexual?
- Blow up a building?
- Behead someone?
The same freedom that protects your right to worship as you please, is the same freedom you stomp on when you meddle in gay people’s lives to prevent them from marrying.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religious liberty is a Good Thing™. Democrats, Republicans, Christians and Atheists all agree. The catch is Christians define religious liberty as their right to impose Christianity on others, and to punish non Christians for violating Christian superstitions (e.g. homosexuality, abortion and euthanasia). That is not religious liberty. That is Christian theocracy.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religious Politicians Lose My Vote
When a politician starts harping on religion I will not vote for them. Why?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Nearly always they are trying to convince me they have superior moral values just because they belong to some church, not for what they have done. That is the mark of a con man.
- Along with religious values comes many irrational beliefs, e.g. that you don’t have to be concerned with global warming because god will deal with it.
- family values is dog-whistle code phrase meaning harassing gays and opposing contraception and harassing those who choose abortion under any circumstances. It has nothing whatever do to with the values needed to raise healthy children.
Christians claim they have a right to make the lives of gays as miserable as possible because they have a sincere religious belief they should do so. When do we gays get to point out we too have a sincere belief we should not be mistreated, that we are equal to everyone else. Christian are so conceited they believe they are better than everyone else, and have to right to torment lesser beings for their entertainment.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religious Schools Teach Bullying
Religious schools oppose programs to stop bullying of gay and lesbian students. In other words, they want to encourage bullying of gays by looking the other way. These bigots believe that tormenting gay people is a virtue, but they refuse to acknowledge their bigotry.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Religious Superstition in India
In India in 2013-12, Hindus, Muslims and Christians ganged up to insert their anti-gay superstitions into law. There are no reasons for this but establishing religious dominance. Apparently, India does not support freedom of religion.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Ancient religious superstitions keep resurfacing like some foul ooze leaking from the ground. I include such things as:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- persecution of witches and homosexuals, including denying gays equal civil rights and encouraging bullying of children accused of being gay.
- murdering those of other sects.
- persecution of atheists.
- genital mutilation without consent.
- the Catholic fertility cult that seeks to dominate by overbreeding.
- belief that sins even as serious as raping a child can be wiped away with an incantation.
- use of prayer and other magic in place of medical care.
- belief in spells.
- caste systems.
- conning the poor into handing over money in return for empty promises of a cushy afterlife.
- asserting that a deity will destroy the world any day now and hence there is no need to take care of it.
- and finally the opposite belief asserting that no god would permit man to destroy the world no matter how hard he tries or how foolishly he behaves.
Religious Vaccination Exceptions
I contend the religious objections to vaccination are bogus. There were no such thing as vaccines 2000 years ago. No mainstream religion could possibly have a long-standing objection.
Further, just because you believe in sky fairies and crackers that turn into putrefied corpses, it should not rate a get-out-of-jail-free card for attempted murder on your neighbours. When you refuse to vaccinate, you endanger people who cannot vaccinate for valid medical reasons (i.e. compromised immune system). Their right to life trumps your right to be silly. In a similar way, we no longer permit Christians to stone homosexuals to death, even though their religion unequivocally commands it.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Imagine the future where tormenting a gay person in the name of religion is seen as just as reprehensible as tormenting a black person.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If your vision of heaven requires either the misery of or the elimination of some group, e.g. gays, blacks, Jews, Palestinians, Muslims… then you can count on them strenuously opposing your attempts to bring heaven on earth.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians complain that atheists are rude and strident because they fail to respect their beliefs as if they were equally-valid, optional views on the best flavour of ice cream. Christians are demanding that atheists pretend not to comment on the fact that Christians are spouting utter gibberish. Do Christians offer this extreme courtesy they desire? For example, how to Catholics treat Protestants, or Protestants treat gays? They commonly call for their opponents to be killed, hardly the tolerance they expect in return.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Respecting the Pope
When people encounter the pope they revere his fame, power and wealth, not his virtue. It is like encountering a Mafia godfather. Remember, he is the head of the world’s biggest pedophile ring. His church is the world’s biggest hate group. It is the root source of anti-gay violence.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Rich Santorum, Bigot
Christians like Rick Santorum demand the right to bully homosexuals, to teach their children to bully them and to block anyone from telling their children otherwise, based on nothing more than this is the tradition of their faith. The bullying take the form of calumny, threats, violence and interfering in who can marry whom. In general, the law respects this demand and requires homosexuals tolerate Christian bullying. Christians (though Jews and Muslims are even worse) often demand that non-believers accommodate their traditional dietary and sabbath rules. It is completely reasonable for them to ask others to go out of their way to accommodate them and it is only polite to accommodate them if possible, but the believers don’t have divine right to force others to comply with their religious rules that apply only to them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The bible contains thousands of commandments, mostly ridiculous. The commandment that attracts by far the most attention is Leviticus 18:22, the commandment to harass gays. Christians love this commandment above all others because they experience no temptation personally to violate it and because it gives them permission to be as venal as they please to a scapegoat, all the while feeling profoundly virtuous.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Root of Cruelty
Religion is the primary cause of all cruelty to gay people and most cruelty to women. It sharpens the differences between ethnic groups justifying violence. We must stop pretending religion is a force that makes people behave better. It clearly does the exact opposite. It makes people cruel, intolerant and self-righteous.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Root of Most Evil
Christianity is not the root of all evil, but it is the root of most of the evil in Canada and the USA. The evil includes, anti-environmentalism, animal cruelty, militarism, homophobia, child abuse and bigotry in general.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Sally Ann Bigotry
The Salvation Army’s official policy is to exclude gays. As a church they have a legal right to discriminate that way. But they go quite a bit further. They call for killing all gays and all the children of gays. Had they said this about Jews, there would be no question that they are a hate group and they should be shut down. This kind of talk generates violence against gays such as gang beatings with two by fours, dragging to death behind pickup trucks, smashing heads to a watermelon pulp, shoving a beer bottle up the rectum and breaking it off and even crucifixion. I don’t think we gays should have to put up with this any longer. I think any church than advocates such violence in any way should be shut down as a hate group. They must repudiate this ancient, irrational superstition. It makes as little sense as killing witches.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Tony Perkins, the Pastor of the Family Research Institute, preached that God caused floods to express his displeasure with gay people. Then a flood inundated Mr. Perkins’ home, requiring evacuation by boat.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Screw Freedom of Religion
Americans don’t believe in freedom of religion. They are happy to impose their religious beliefs about marriage on gay people. They are also willing to force their religious superstitions about abortion on others, using violence and threats of violence.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Secret Of My Success
Back in the 1970s I was one of the gay lib pioneers. When I came out publicly, I knew of no other person who had done so previously, though I found out later there were plenty. I had success that blew my mind, thousands of times better than I expected. It was as if I gave the universe the merest tap and it shifted. I think the secret is this. I did not see my job as persuading anyone of anything. I was simply teaching everyone how it really was, mostly by dispelling ridiculous misconceptions. I wonder if I might be able to do the same for religion in general. This could simply be outrageous conceit. It could be the world was ready to change and millions of us acted almost at once, inspired by seeing the early results of everyone else.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Self-Righteously Imposing Christianity
The biggest problem with religion is it teaches the flock that its dogma represents universal truth and the believers have the duty to impose these beliefs on others through law, for example, concerning matters such as public prayer, abortion, end of life decisions, evolution and homosexuality. Religions refuse to accept the freedom of religion and freedom from religion of others. They believe only in their right to do whatever promotes their religion no matter how onerous it is for others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Selling At Work
Public servants should not be permitted to wear religious symbols at work, Why?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- We don’t allow political buttons because those buttons are intended to intimate and bully customers. Ditto religious symbols.
- Doctors want to wear crucifixes to advertise their political positions on euthanasia, birth control, abortion, rape and homosexuality. If you are gay, a crucifix might as well be a swastika. It means You don’t deserve to live. The motivation is intimidation.
- Day care workers want to wear crucifixes to encourage their young charges to become Catholic. The intent is get the children to transfer affection from the teacher to Catholicism.
- In countries where immigrants hail from, these displays may be taken as a request for a bribe on the part of this church.
- If a corporation wanted a uniform or corporate dress code without religious symbols, nearly everyone would say corporations have that right. Why not the civil service?
- Doctors and nurses are not supposed to wear watches or jewelry of any kind because bacteria accumulate in the cracks. I suppose it would be reasonably safe if they wore religious symbols under clothing next to the skin, well away from patients.
- You unnecessarily provoke conflicts, say by allowing a Jewish tax agent to wear a kippa (beanie) and Muslim citizens perceive he is mistreating them, even when he is not.
Have you ever heard of a product or idea, other that atheism, being sold solely on the grounds that it is more likely true than the competition? I haven’t. I think we need to make sure everyone also understands the practical benefits of atheism. e.g.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Stats on the effectiveness of Christian vs atheist health care and sanitation.
- Stats on the effectiveness of Christian vs atheist strategies for wealth accumulation.
- Effectiveness of burnt offerings to the gods vs spending the money to effect the desired outcome directly.
- Christian vs GPS yacht navigation.
- Christian vs atheist techniques for avoiding earthquake and volcano damage (e.g. use of gays and/or virgins).
- Christian vs atheist techniques of population control.
- Christian vs atheist schools of thought on child rearing.
- Christian vs atheist time and money commitment.
Separation of Church and State
Separation of church and states requires the following:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The government may not meddle in the affairs of churches.
- Churches may not meddle in the affairs of the government.
- The government may not encourage or discourage any particular religion.
- The government may not fund religious schools, though the non-religious teaching may be funded.
- The government may not teach any particular religion in public schools though it can teach religions in general.
- The churches should not be able to force their religious beliefs into law, e.g. on abortion, contraception, gay marriage, organ transplant, end-of-life decisions…
- No faith-based initiatives.
- No churches endorsing or campaigning for political candidates.
- There are no religious tests to filter out political candidates.
- Churches should not take any money from the government. Doing so will corrupt them. They will come to say only what the government approves of.
- I think churches should pay the same taxes as any other organisation, but that is not traditionally considered part of separation of church and state.
God and Government: Twenty-Five Years of Fighting for Equality, Secularism, and Freedom Of Conscience
The Religious Right is Wrong on the Constitution
Are you a Christian? If yes, have you no shame?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- You hand your children over into the hands of clergy who are known child molesters and child rapists.
- Your creed calls for killing gay people who have not harmed you in any way.
- You meddle with the end-of-life and organ transplant decisions of strangers.
- You lie that abortion is about killing babies when it is actually about removing specks flesh smaller than the rooster spot in an egg. You meddle in the contraception and reproduction of complete strangers.
- You teach myths for which you have not a grain of evidence as if they were true.
Sin Of Homosexuality
Vandalism is a sin, but simply wanting to destroy a garden gnome or flamingo lawn ornament is not. Having sex with someone with the same sexual plumbing is a sin, but so is wanting to. Wanting to is just as serious, even though it is not something you have any conscious control over. Christians really have it in for gays. They want to punish gays for what they think, not just for what they do.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Sky Is Falling
American Christians have been crying the sky is falling, panicking over the legalisation of gay marriage. They forget 20 other countries adopted gay marriage years ago, and nothing terrible happened to them. They also forget 37 states also adopted gay marriage prior to the supreme court ruling and nothing terrible happened to them. I suspect the Christians don’t seriously expect a catastrophe, they just want one to help bolster their wavering faith.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Source Of Morality
Christians claim without a belief in god, there can be no morality. This is nonsense. Sources of morality include law, rationality, tradition and common sense. Christian morality is not moral. It includes scapegoating, harming gays, stoning the adulterous to death, eating shrimp and refusing to be deferential.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians continually accuse gays of demanding special rights, rights that gays alone will enjoy. What is so unique about the right to marry the person you love? What is so unique about the right to hold a job if you work diligently? Surely Christians demand these rights too, or would if someone tried to take them away. Playing word games, Christians say that the right to marry someone of the same sex is a special right. We gays are happy to offer that same right to Christians too. The right may not mean much to them, just as the right to marry an opposite sex partner is not meaningful to gays. Blocking gays from marrying is just as bigoted as blocking a mixed race couple from marrying. It is interfering with love. It is claiming you know better that the couple if they should marry, even though you have never met them. What arrogance!~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Special Rights for the Religious
We have seen religious people such as Mike Huckabee demand special rights that others do not enjoy. For example:
- A Muslim flight attendant refused to serve alcohol. This is half of her job. This is like a stripper demanding to be paid even though she refuses to pole dance.
- Various government clerks, e.g. Kim Davis, Lillian Ladele and Gary McFarlane have refused to issue marriage licences to same-sex couples. It is not their job to rule on who is allowed to be married. They are trying to subvert the law. They are like a police officer who arrests people for chewing gum because he personally does not like gum.
- A baker refused to sell wedding cakes to gay couples. This is no different than a lunch counter refusing to serve blacks.
- For religious reasons a professor refused to wear an FM device so all his deaf student could access his lecture. What nonsense! How could a religion created thousands of years ago have anything at all to say about electronic devices?
- My computer company refused to serve the military or anyone in the military. Because my motive was not religious, my motive was not irrational enough to be protected.
- A Sikh refused to wear the standard Mountie uniform. He insisted on wearing a turban. This could be accommodated with little inconvenience, and the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) decided to let him do that. However, in general I think an employee does not have a right to modify a uniform in any way. If you don’t want to wear a McDonald’s uniform, work somewhere else.
If you give in to all these requests to override the law with religious belief where does this lead? If you have the religious freedom to get out of jail free for any law or get out of doing your full job, simply by claiming your personal religion demands it or that god that told you so, then you can break any law and avoid any work activity even washing your hands after using the toilet (because Jesus said not to). You will have chaos if you allow any religious reason to trump any law. All law becomes potentially invalid. Claiming that god’s law trumps man’s law makes no sense. Every religion, every church and every believer has its own view of what god wants.
The Kim Davis case is about protecting the right to discriminate against homosexuals, not religious freedom. How can you tell? Davis has been married four times. She in an adulterer. She believes in no tenets of Christianity except persecuting gays. Ask Mr. Huckabee about the religious rights of a clerk to refuse to issue gun licences and to refuse to marry couples when one or both has military service. He would demand that clerk resign immediately and comply with the law, religious freedom be damned.
The indulgences to religious superstition can cause varying degrees of inconvenience/harm to others:
- indulging a special diet.
- indulging special clothing.
- excusing you from some part of your work duties.
- wearing giant religious symbols to intimidate and proselytize.
- treating a customer rudely or refusing to serve them personally.
- blocking a customer from getting service.
- encouraging violence against others.
- violence against others, including murder.
In the 1960s in Canada, Christians believed they had a moral right to kill homosexuals. In 2015 people like Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee are championing the right to discriminate against homosexuals. They claim Christians are a superior class of people, and hence their religious right to enjoy cruelty trumps the rights of homosexuals to avoid being discriminated against. This master race crap should have died with Hitler, but the Republican party keeps digging it up.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
A gay Christian is an example of someone with Stockholm syndrome.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Evangelical Christians have a peculiar value system. They revere Ted Haggard, who paid young men for sex, took methamphetamines to enhance sexual pleasure and committed adultery. However, they also say that gay virgins should be put to death.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Strictarians are a fictitious Islamic sect. They follow the Qur’an completely literally. Further, the refrain from doing anything not explicitly permitted in the Qur’an. So for example:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- They marry at 6 years of age.
- They throw male homosexuals off tall buildings.
- They lock lesbians up in buildings until they die of thirst or hunger.
- They kill anyone who leaves the faith.
- They refuse to use toilets, toilet paper or indoor plumbing.
- They refuse to use cars, busses, trains, airplanes, horse or dog carts. Camels are permissible.
- They refuse to eat sushi, pizza, chow mein, pasta or Yorkshire pudding.
- They refuse to buy things in stores or on-line. They shop only in outdoor markets.
- They refuse to use telephones or any electronic devices.
- They refuse to use antibiotics or other medicines.
- Dentistry is done by removing teeth with small rocks.
- Surgery is forbidden, unless done without anaesthesia.
- Mosques must be constructed without nails or iron girders.
If I were in charge of the Catholic church, here are my suggested changes:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Stop fighting science except where you have evidence science is doing stupid things.
- Drop this nonsense about demons being the cause of mental illness.
- Allow clergy to marry and get serious about putting a stop to priests preying on children.
- Stop pretending that beating up and killing gays is a virtue.
- Make a distinction in the severity of wickedness between contraception, the morning after pill, abortion in the first trimester, abortion in the second trimester, abortion in the third trimester. Make clear these rules apply only to Catholics. They are religious rules.
- Make a distinction between murder and requested physician assisted suicide. Make clear these rules against suicide apply only to Catholics. They are religious rules.
The #1 cause of both teen suicide and teens being thrown out onto the street is bigoted Christian parents ostracising gay children.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Superstition in Africa
Religious superstition makes people in Africa do all manner of really stupid and cruel things such as female circumcision, killing albino children and using the body parts to make magic potions and killing gay people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Superstition Ugandan Christians
In Uganda in 2013-06 the legislature debated a bill calling for the death penalty for gays. This is as backward as burning old women as witches. This is the fruit of America C-Street religious bigots. Uganda is the pustulous anus of the earth. May all responsible die horrible deaths.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Taming Barbaric Religions
We have reigned in some of the less powerful religions, like the Aztecs with their child sacrifice, but we still have not yet tamed the Christians and Muslims with their persecution of gays and abuse of children.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I think we should make it extremely clear to Muslim immigrants they will have to leave much of their culture and religion behind if they want to immigrate:
- No Shari’a law.
- No killing apostates.
- No killing people who insult Islam.
- No killing people for being of a religion other than Islam.
- No killing or harassing gay people.
- No female circumcision.
- No beating wives or children.
These are non-negotiable parts of Canadian culture and tradition.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I don’t like tattoos. I don’t like being around people who have them. I can think of half a dozen reasons why they are foolish choice, but I would not dream of taking away civil rights from people who like them. I just wish Christians would mind their own business in a similar way concerning gays, contraception, abortion, adultery, education…~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I have often puzzled that Christians often consider homosexuality a towering sin that must be resisted with a massive act of will. For most people, homosexuality has no appeal whatsoever. Similarly, for homosexuals, heterosexuality has no attraction. This suggests these earnest Christians obsessed with homosexuality are gay themselves, e.g. St. Paul who held the prairie fire view of homosexuality that if men were ever offered the opportunity of sex with men, they would never go back.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Ten Commandments
People who recommend that the Ten Commandments become the law of the land surely have not read them for 50 years and have completely forgotten what they say.
There are four variants of the ten commandments in the bible: Exodus 20:3-17 (the most popular), Exodus 34, Deuteronomy 5:7, Deuteronomy 10:4 (the only place the phrase ten commandments is used, but it does not list them), Deuteronomy 27.
For most Christians, the only injunction in the bible that is of any importance is Leviticus 18:22 the one that commands you to put gays to death. This sin is quite popular, since most people have no desire to commit it. They can get very excited about the sins of others. Luke 6:37 tells people to focus on their sins, not other peoples’ but nobody pays any attention.
The Ten Commandments have no problem with rape, slavery, genocide, infanticide, abortion, blood drinking, animal cruelty… You might think this was just an oversight. But if you read the bible cover to cover, Jehovah frequently makes these crimes mandatory.
One of the variants of the ten commandments demands human sacrifice of all first born. Surely Christians can’t have read this when they recommend the Ten Commandments be made the basis of all civil law.
There are thousand of things that the bible calls for the death penalty. Most Christians pay absolutely no attention:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Making statues or paintings
- Disagreeing with your parents.
- Wishing you had a car, computer, stereo etc like your neighbour’s.
- Eating lobster, clams, shrimp, oysters, camel, rabbit, pork, swans, owls, eagles, ospreys, bats, dogs or snails.
- Wearing socks made of two or more different fibres.
- Marrying a non-virgin.
- Taking your day off on Saturday.
- Eating leftovers on the third day.
- Failure to sacrifice animals and cook/burn them precisely according the ritual rules.
- Using antibiotics.
- Not dealing with the ritual uncleanliness of menstruation.
- Trimming your beard. Elsewhere it condemns you for not trimming your beard. Elsewhere it demands rounded and square shapes.
Ten Reasons I Don’t Like The Catholic Church
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- The entire institution is dedicated to molesting and raping children and helping pedophiles get away with it.
- By telling lies and promising miracles, they con the poorest of the poor into handing over their meagre incomes
- They block gay equality, particularly marriage.
- They interfere with family planning and abortion of non-Catholics using threats and violence.
- They interfere with the end-of-life decisions of non-Catholics, forcing them to suffer no matter what.
- They interfere with organ donation and organ transplants.
- They profess poverty and giving to the poor, but in actuality, they live in extravagant pomp.
- They insist on teaching children junk science.
- They block measures to control bullies who go after kids presumed will grow up gay.
- Over history they have murdered and tormented scientists.
- They created the Spanish Inquisition and torture for people who questioned their arbitrary dogma.
How do theocracies behave? Consider Saudi Arabia, the dark ages of Europe and modern day Israel. They tend to become more and more extremely fundamentalist over time, enforcing laws that have no secular purpose, that just enforce religious superstitions, e.g. sabbath death penalty for working in the yard. They tend to be less egalitarian, scapegoating gays, women and children. They tend to be anti science, technology and learning. They squelch divergent opinions. They have an exaggeratedly high opinion of themselves which they use to justify attacking neighbours and committing genocide. One sect imposes its views on all the others on pain death. Anything that contradicts the arbitrary dogma is grounds for execution. Dress codes are enforced.
What I find so odd is that so many Americans think they would prefer to live under a theocracy. I suppose they never consider the possibility of any sect but their own being in charge. Further, since they have never read the bible cover to cover, they have no idea what a nightmare they are signing up for if they opt for a return of the moral codes of 3000 years ago.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Is There A God? Is Irrelevant
The question Is there a god? is almost irrelevant. What you really want to know is did the Christians lie to you about the evidence for the only god being Jehovah who commands you to persecute homosexuals and give 10% of your income to a pedophile ring.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Tossing Virgins Into Volcanoes
Placating the god Jehovah by tormenting homosexuals is as silly as throwing virgins into volcanoes to placate the god Pélé.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
You may have noticed that religions affect an easily-offended touchiness. Muslims will kill you if you mock their faith or try it on, and decide it is not for you. Christians pretend it is unspeakably rude to question any of the nonsense they spout.
Why? Because their religion is extremely fragile. It has no evidence to support it, and a ton of evidence to refute it. All that holds it together are large numbers of ignorant people who have never read the bible claiming to believe it despite evidence (on faith) because they imagine they wish it were true.
But why do the clergy care if people believe nonsense?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Because they are professional con men. Each mark forks over 10% of his lifetime income in return for nothing but the right to come sing each Sunday. That is one major scam. Bernie Madoff would be envious.
- If clergy can convince their marks they are speaking for the creator of the universe, that gives them immense authority. People will mindlessly do the most idiotic things if they are told it is god’s command, like vote Republican or poison their gay neighbours’ dog.
- Pedophile clergy can use fear of imaginary hellfire to intimidate children into sex acts and their parents into not interfering.
If tradition were a valid excuse for bigotry, we would still be lynching blacks and keeping slaves. If religion were a valid excuse for bigotry, we would still be running Muslim children through with swords. Religious freedom is not a get-out-of-jail free card to let you harm others simply because you claim it is a tradition of your chosen faith. So in particular, Christians should not have any special religious freedom to harass homosexuals. The right not to be harmed trumps the right to enjoy harming gays. Religious freedom is about being able to practice your religion without interference from others, not your right to trample the rights of others for superstitious reasons or to force your religious beliefs on others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Tradition is Not Sufficient Warrant
American bigots justify continued bullying, persecution, suppression, denial of equal civil rights and denial of marriage to gay people on the grounds of 3000 years of tradition. I would like to remind them that 3000 years of tradition was an equally spurious justification for slavery, segregation, refusing women the vote and beating horses and children to death. Whether gays marry or not has no effect whatsoever on straight marriages. Opposition is acting out of spite and malice. The pleasure of bullying and the smug satisfaction of superior social status is what is actually motivating the bigots.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
When someone demands special treatment based on tradition, I consider that reason void. For example, Christians demand the right to kill, harass and discriminate against homosexuals since they have been doing it for 5100 years. I reply, then isn’ it time for a review of that practice? In all that time the Romans stopped tossing Christians to the lions, witches are no longer burned and we discovered iron. Another example, the Vatican still recommends exorcism, basically torturing a mentally ill person to frighten the demons out of him. It is a tradition. In the time since their last review we have discovered neurotransmitters, anti-psychotics and brain surgery… A review is required. Sikhs demand exemption from sports uniforms and head safety gear, for no reason other than tradition. Yet even non-Sikhs treat this traditional religious superstition as inviolate. They always gave to this religious bullying.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Traditionalists are a fictitious Christian sect. They follow the bible completely literally. Further, they refrain from doing anything not explicitly permitted in the bible. So for example:
- They are nearly always polygamous.
- They indulge in incest, but do not talk about it.
- They stone homosexuals to death.
- The best entertainment is raping and killing children.
- They kill anyone who a not a traditionalist.
- They must kill everyone in a village where a non-Christian lives.
- Instead of engagement, they use rape to arrange marriages.
- They smash garden gnomes and flamingos on neighbours’ lawns.
- They kill people for eating lobster.
- They smash the artwork of any other culture.
- They kill people for working in their gardens or driving their cars on Sunday.
- They refuse to use toilets, toilet paper or indoor plumbing.
- They refuse to use cars, busses, trains, airplanes, horse or dog carts. Camels, oxen and goats are permissible.
- They refuse to eat sushi, pizza, chow mein, pasta or Yorkshire pudding.
- They refuse to buy things in stores or on-line. They shop only in outdoor markets.
- They refuse to use telephones or any electronic devices.
- They refuse to use antibiotics or other medicines.
- Dentistry is done by removing teeth with small rocks.
- Surgery is forbidden, unless done without anaesthesia.
- They refuse to use elevators.
- Only organic ropes and cables.
- Churches must be constructed without nails or iron girders.
Almost all Christians claim the bible is 100% correct and that they at least attempt to follow all its commandments, but as you can see from the list above, none of them are completely Traditionalist. They ignore almost everything except harassing gay people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Treating Christians Fairly
I have almost nothing nice to say about Christians, but I would like to make it clear I don’t condone persecuting them, in the way Christians often persecute gays, Muslims, Jews, blacks, atheists, people with HIV etc. Christians should be treated equally in employment, marriage and housing. They should be safe from being beaten up. They have a constitutional right to deliberately harbour a god virus, just as they have a right to deliberately contract diabetes. Neither is all that hot an idea, however. I reserve my right to point that out and to interfere with them forcibly infecting others with god viruses.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Treating Christians With the Golden Rule
Christians often complain about my barrage of criticism of them. Unlike Christian criticism of me as a gay man, my criticism is true, if one-sided, where Christians offer nothing but fantastic lies about gays. I have studied Christians first hand. Christians have just made up what they have to say about gays. Further, I don’t threaten to kill Christians or urge others to and they do me. And finally I don’t try suppress their civil rights as they do mine. I follow the golden rule. I treat Christians as I would have them treat me. They do not.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christianity was created in tribal times. Even to this day, it works by tribal loyalty and submission to authority. For example, Christians, for the most part, don’t make up their minds individually on issues of the day. They have been trained in tribal loyalty to support the church position. By knowing someone’s Christian sect, you can pretty well tell how they feel about abortion, euthanasia, homosexuality, a given war… For a Christian, what counts most his how his tribe believes. Arguments for and against any individual belief are all but irrelevant. Christians will happily defend any absurdity, or its opposite, if the church advocates it.
Christians feel little responsibility to defend their beliefs or to ensure they are consistent. That is the church’s job. By analogy, the constant probing of atheists feels to Christians like asking them to defend the medical decisions of their doctors. They trust their doctors. Christians are not experts in medicine. Christians don’t feel qualified to engage atheists in debate or to trust atheist arguments so matter how logical they seem. The best they can do is parrot the responses they have been taught to fend off atheists.
In contrast, atheists generally are people who broke with their fellows. They think out each social issue separately, independently of what their associates think. Knowing they are atheists won’t tell you all that much about their other beliefs. For example, the late Christopher Hitchens cheerlead and apologised vigorously for the Iraq war where I decry anyone who supports it as a psychotic monster. We are both atheists, but atheism has nothing to say either way about supporting war. Pretty much all Mr. Hitchens and I have in common is we don’t buy the snake oil of the churches.
The essential problem is Christians have been taught atheists are evil with an unspeakable hidden agenda and that even when they sound perfectly logical, they must be pulling some dirty trick. The first step must be to persuade Christians to trust their own integrity more than the churches’. That might be accomplished by attacking the fallible, crooked people who run the church, rather than its nutty doctrines directly. You could think of it as a divide and conquer approach.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christians support Trinity Western in excluding gay students. They support a Christian bakery refusing to sell to gay people. They support a Christian bed and breakfast refusing to serve gay couples.
What if the shoe were on the other foot? Christians are just as odious to gays as gays are to Christians. Would Christians support the right of a gay bakery to refuse service to Christians? Would they support the right of a gay bed and breakfast to refuse service to Christians?
Gays would have far more justification to discriminate against Christians than the reverse. Christians call for killing and beating up gays. As a gay activist, I had 3,200 death threats from Christians. On the other hand, gays have never harmed Christians.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
I am a gay male. Christians have threatened my life 3,200 times. In addition they have made 380,000 threats of hellfire and insults, often obscene. Christians have a deep religious (aka irrational) belief they must kill gays, or failing that they should make gay people’s lives as miserable as possible. Christians, such as Mike Huckabee, often complain that the law sometimes interferes with this special religious right to torment gays for amusement. As a gay, I have a deep non-religious (aka rational) belief that I should not have to put up with this sort of abuse from Christians. When do my deeply held beliefs get taken into account?
After all this abuse, by some natural law, I should have a right to burn down a few churches, or eliminate a few Christians. After all, Christian are clearly the bane of planet earth, second only to fundamentalist Muslims. It would be a good thing if all the Christians on earth were hoovered up never be seen again. Oddly, even the majority of Christians agree with me. Yet I would never dream of doing such a thing. Why cannot Christians treat me and my fellow gays with live and let live?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If Christians can use their holy book to call for stoning gays to death, then surely it should be legal for gays to call for burning Christians alive in their churches. Christians have been doing this so long it has become a cherished tradition. They don’t realise how monstrous it is. They imagine they have a holy and legal obligation to do it. It never occurs to them it is illegal or wrong. It is no more benign than calling for lynching blacks, drowning Jews in wells or burning all Muslims alive in white phosphorus.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Turning the Tables
If the tables were turned and gays advocated bullying Catholic children, persecuting Catholics and killing them, how long would society tolerate that? Would it be considered a constitutionally protected activity?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Almost all Christians are under the delusion everyone thinks as highly of them as they do of themselves. This is not no. For example, I hold Christians in much lower regard that Christians hold Satanists. They are far more immoral. Why? For a start:
- Christians run the world’s largest pedophile ring.
- Christians call for the killing of gay people who have done absolutely nothing wrong, not necessarily even having sex.
- Christians work tirelessly to derail science and truth generally.
- Christians promote barbaric and ancient science and morality.
- Christians lie to people about the magical ability to erase the effects of sin and the afterlife.
- Christians con the poor into giving them gifts they cannot afford.
- Christians have killed millions by interfering with sex education and family planning.
So I do not approve of Christians imposing their inferior morality on me on or anyone else.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Twisting the Truth
Fundamentalists are so brainwashed that if the bible said, starting in 1960 all trees would start growing with their roots in the air and leaves underground they would insist it was indeed true despite the evidence it was not so. The would somehow twist the meaning of the words all, roots, leaves and air so that it could be interpreted as true. They just assume the bible is true as a postulate, without any evidence and despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. They maintain this silly belief with nothing but lies and repeated and heartfelt assertion. Deliberately believing what is untrue leads to all manner of insane behaviour, like destroying the environment, interfering with other people using birth control, persecuting gay people and butchering people of other religions.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Types of Christian
When you think Christian, what images come to mind first?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
- A stupid person handing over large sums of money to televangelists or phony faith healers?
- A prude.
- A child molester.
- A stupid gullible person who makes a virtue out of refusing to even try to think for herself.
- Some people kicking a gay person on the ground.
- Someone conning others out of money.
- Someone complaining about the government coddling the homeless.
Types of Crime
There are two kinds of crimes, those you commit for your own personal motives and those you commit because you were egged on by your life philosophy. Both Christian and atheists commit crimes out of personal motives, but atheists do not commit crimes motivated by ideology, whereas Christian do, most frequently harassing gays, blacks, Jews, Muslims and women. They are convinced they are committing these crimes to please their god. There is no equivalent motivation for atheists.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Types of Delusion
There are a number of different kinds of delusion:
- See or hearing things that are not there, or experiencing them strongly transformed, e.g. seeing people with red glowing coals for eyes.
- Believing or claiming to believe things false to fact about the present, e.g. that the earth is flat, or that there is an invisible man in the sky who will torture you in eternity if you don’t kill enough homosexuals.
- Believing or claiming to believe things happened in history that did not. e.g. that George Washington freed the slaves, or that the earth stopped spinning at the command of Joshua.
It is not a delusion to believe something controversial for which there is evidence on both sides. You can be wrong, of course, but that does not imply anything faulty with your thinking ability. Delusion requires ignoring evidence for/against the aberrant/usual view. There is no evidence to support any religion whatsoever. People who indulge in religion are thus delusional. I think we should stop pretending religious delusion is innocuous.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
When I was a child, if someone said the word Christian, you would think of a kindly old lady who knitted socks for Russian orphans. Today, instead, quite different images come to mind.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- A psychotic killer who has assigned himself the job as Leviticus’s avenging angel.
- A televangelist/faith healer conning the masses in his sequined white jumpsuit and exaggerated southern accent.
- A gang of bigots bashing a homosexual to death with two by fours.
- A mass of priests gang raping a child.
- A person who bombs abortion clinics, thus killing both mother and fetuses.
- A military man who forces Christianity on his troops to help them murder Muslims without guilt.
If I see a depiction of Jesus and a photo of Hitler, Jesus is more repulsive. It is not because of anything Jesus is reputed to have done, but what his followers have done to me personally in his name and what his church has done over the ages — torturing and burning heretics/witches, massacres of Muslims, promoting apartheid and encouraging persecution, beating and murder of Jews and gays.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Catholic Church has done so many unforgivable things. Among them was convincing gay people throughout the ages that their only acceptable sexual expression was to serve the church in celibacy and make do with Jesus as a fantasy male lover.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Universal Constants Say Nothing About Morality
Evidence that the constants of the universe were selected by some superintelligence is in no way evidence that you should persecute homosexuals, avoid abortions, close all shops on Sunday, or that the earth is only 6000 years old.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Universal Scapegoat
According to Pat Robertson and friends, when misfortune befalls a homosexual, it is god punishing him for being gay. If misfortune befalls a heterosexual, it is god punishing him for being insufficiently nasty to homosexuals. If misfortune befalls someone who trashes the environment, it is still some homosexual’s fault. Robertson sees gays as the universal scapegoat.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Using the Law to Force Religion on Others
It can be quite depressing for a modern atheist to watch the way American Christians are using civil law to successfully force their religion down everyone’s throats, spreading lies and crank notions about homosexuals, evolution, global warming, embryology, euthanasia, birth control… To counter that despair, study the dark ages where Christians had everything the way they wanted and how utterly bleak and unbearable they made existence with their superstitions and institutional cruelty. Yet somehow we crawled out of that black hole. America has partially fallen back, but can rise again. America has the intellectual help and economic competition from the rest of the world to keep them from falling as deeply into religious insanity as we did in the dark ages.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Vatican considers homosexual marriage the greatest threat to civilisation then they set up a homosexual prostitution ring. Hmm.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Violation of Religious Rights
If you are a Christian and you beat me up, threaten to kill me or otherwise harass me simply because I am gay, you have not only violated my civil rights, you have violated my religious rights. I have the right to belong to a religion or philosophy that says being gay is just fine. Your religion gives you no special right to harm me or try to convert me to Christianity through intimidation.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Virtue is Hurting
Imagine if Hitler had prevailed. People would be mindlessly persecuting Jews, imagining it was the virtuous thing to do. That is exactly what happened when the Catholic church prevailed and sold the planet on its irrational hatred of gay people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Humans make up their gods. The gods have the characteristics the humans want them to have. Oddly, Christians decided their god should be:
If I were making up a religion, my god would be:
Presumably there were some gods like that, but those religions petered out. Religions that thrive do it by terrifying and threatening their adherents.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
We Are Nothing Special
Scientists have studied the stars and discovered the universe is homogeneous and there is nothing special about our position in it. Yet Christians continue to spout the old lie that earth is the center of the entire universe created for man’s delectation. It is a monstrous conceit.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
If you travel the world, you will discover the Hindus and Muslims take their religion much more seriously than any American Christian. The religious artifact, a mask of Minerva Sulis, that impressed me the most with its emotional power was from Roman times. When I debate with Christians, all they can offer to support their odd beliefs is a gut feeling. Yet surely the gut feelings of the Hindus and Muslims are much more profound. Christians ignore nearly all of their bible. They just cherry pick a few verses to justify persecuting homosexuals or in earlier times, black people.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Christian churches welcome murderers, child molesters, drunks, drug addicts, prostitutes, bank robbers, rapists… but the draw the line a gays, whose sin harms no one.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What Christians Mean By Freedom of Religion
When Christians talk about freedom of religion, they mean the right to burn Qur’an s, block the construction of mosques, insert Christian dogma into the school curricula, tax freedom for Christian churches, the right to molest children without legal interference, the right to persecute gays, the right to tell gays they must pretend to be straight, the right to force non-Christians to observe Christian prayer, the right to insert Christian language into civil law…~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
What Don’t Christians Kill The Tattooed?
It is fairly common for people to feel uncomfortable around tattoos. Yet you never hear Christians demanding that tattooed people be killed, jailed or denied civil rights, unlike the way they persecute gays. This is odd. People with tattoos clearly choose them. Further, they flaunt them in public. Further, they often choose themes involving death and demons. Gays are much more discrete about their sexual activities that heterosexuals are. I spent the first 21 years of my life completely unaware that there were any other gays living in my city.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What Have You Got Against Christians?
In a debate a Christian bigot will ask, What have you got against Christians? There is a very long list, but the main thing is, in your religion, your god commands you to kill me, simply because I am gay. Christians have issued thousands of personal death threats, and innumerable threats against all gays. You have sold this religion to Africa, where they take it literally and kill gay people every day.
In that light, I think I am very gentle with you. Logically, I should try to kill you, and all your fellow Christians, perhaps by bombing your churches. We gays never do that. We hope you will come to your senses. We did nothing to hurt you. You have no case to harm us just because we are not following the strange rules of your religion.
Your god also commanded you to kill anyone eating hare. For some reason you don’t seem to feel as compelled to carry out that execution order. You are supposed to kill your kid if he sasses you. For some reason you don’t seem to feel as compelled to carry out that execution order. For some reason you singled us gays out. That proves your hatred of gays has nothing to do with your god. It is just your excuse for bigotry and scapegoating.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
What Is Important To Christians?
It drives atheists nuts when Christians claim they believe in bible stories like Genesis or Noah’s ark which are simply impossible for a thousand reasons. Christians claim to believe every word in the bible, but they really don’t. Very few of them have even read the bible cover to cover. What’s really important to Christians are values:
- hating gays
- teenage celibacy
- breeding large families
- nominal obedience to some church
- anti-environmentalism. Trash the earth all you like because Jesus will clean it up.
When a mother fears her child will abandon the faith, it is not that he will stop believing bible stories, it is that he will abandon these values and shame the family by renouncing the church. However, Christian values are no longer suitable for the modern age.
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Hurting gays accomplishes nothing. It is the same spiteful nonsense as motivates cruelty to Jews, blacks, Muslims…
- Teens are reaching puberty much younger than ever before. It unrealistic to force celibacy on them.
- The planet is grossly overpopulated. People should be encouraged to have smaller families not larger. This business about a single cell being sacred (where a single skin cell is not) and girls are forced to bear the sons of rapists is just smoke to cover wanting ever more babies — an ancient and obsolete desire.
- Blind obedience is the royal road to evil.
- There are so many people now, even our inadvertent actions wipe out species after species and destroy the very environment that sustains us.
What? Me Worry?
One odd thing about Americans is if someone told them their next door neighbour had a large collection of machine guns in their basement, they would not be alarmed. If they heard he was hearing voices commanding him to do various bizarre things, including killing all the people in the neighbourhood who were gay or who had ever used conception, the morning after pill or abortion, they might be mildly concerned. However, if they heard he believed these voices were either the god Jehovah or the prophet Jesus speaking to him specifically, they would not worry about the matter further.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Who Is Interfering With Who’s Freedom
On 2012-04-12 the Catholic church complained the Obama administration was restricting their religious freedom. The two examples they gave:
- Hospital employees are covered for birth control. Of course, no one is required to use birth control or make claims on the insurance. They want Catholics blocked from being covered.
- They want to persecute gays, especially deny marriage equality. Their bible calls for their execution. Obama won’t do this for them.
They are not upset about their own freedom; they are just not as free as before to restrict other people’s freedom.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why Be Rude?
Why be rude to Christians? Why not just politely point out the errors in their beliefs? Why must we atheists ruthlessly mock their beliefs as too absurd to even consider? Why must we repeatedly dredge up all the terrible things their religion has done since its inception? Because Christians are unbelievably vain and dense. They believe they have the perfect religion, and when they do terrible things to others it is the highest virtue. They need to be hit between the eyes with a virtual baseball bat to make them wake up and understand not everyone shares their exalted opinion of Christians, their ridiculous family values and their barbaric Christian values. They don’t even understand that killing gay people just for being gay is wrong. They are so convinced they are morally superior to everyone else, it takes virtual dynamite to make them consider the possibility that view is not universal.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why Can’t You Leave Us Alone?
Creationists ask Why can’t you leave us alone? If I am having a conversation with someone and they lie, or someone on the radio says something untrue, I correct them. The lies creationists tell are particularly pernicious. They try to convince people to kill or harm gays. They try to convince people to destroy all the sciences. They try to convince people to take no action on climate change. They have a death wish and want to take the entire planet down with them.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why Civil Unions Are Not Acceptable
A bigot on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) conceded that gays should be allowed to marry, but marriages between gay people should be called civil unions. Get stuffed! We gays have had it with you Christians looking down your noses at us gays and demanding we kiss your behinds. We are not second class citizens! We want equality! If you want separate terms use church marriage and civil marriage with either term potentially applying to same sex or mixed sex marriages. Separate but equal is a lie. If there are two different terms for gay and straight marriages, they will never be equal. You don’t want them equal. That is the reason you insist on separate terms. You are elitist fuckheads.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why Debunking Christianity Matters
Debunking Christianity is not just a matter of scoring debating point when discussing the origin of the universe. It is also a life and death struggle to stop Christians from persecuting and killing homosexuals, especially in Africa and America. There is a similar struggle with Islam.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why Fight Religion?
Why fight religion? For the same reason you treat someone in a mental hospital with paranoid schizophrenia. They are in a hell, terrified of imaginary demons/gods. Christians are just as crazy. We don’t usually treat them as ill simply because they are so numerous. We are compassionately relieving them of paranoid delusions.
Christians are deluded that the creator of the universe wants them to murder gays. They are as whacko as Muslims who feel obligated to kill anyone not in their sect.
Christians are dangerous because they believe that the creator of the universe put them in charge of everyone’s sex life, birth control, organ donation and transplants, end-of-life decisions, recreational drug/alcohol use… They are insufferable meddlers.
Christians try to infect the young with their nutty ideas by corrupting the education system. They are not content with brainwashing their own kids.
Christians have a suicide wish, trying to take the entire planet down by blocking all attempts at controlling climate change. They think concern for the environment is devil worship.
If Christians did not meddle, did not try to impose their delusions on others, then there would be a case for just letting them be, but they don’t. They are more dangerous that ordinary lunatics because they act in concert and effectively pull the levers of political power.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The evangelicals ignore about 99% of what is in the bible. Yet they have hung on with both feet to using homosexuals as scapegoats? Why only this?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Homosexuality is a sin of other people. Normally you don’t have to worry about committing it.
- No matter what a loser you are, you can feel superior to a gay college professor, scientist, billionaire etc.
- You have license to be as cruel as you want to selected people without a guilty conscience.
Why I despise Christian Apologists
I have the utmost contempt for Christian apologists, especially William Lane Craig. They start with a lame argument using 400-year old science why the universe had to have a jump-starter.
- Then they leap to the conclusion the starter was supernatural, a deity, and outside space, time and the universe (even though the universe by definition contains all that is, including any deities).
- Then they leap to the conclusion it named itself Jehovah.
- Then they leap to the conclusion Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead.
- Then they leap to the conclusion Jehovah watches all the masturbation of all teens on planet earth.
- Then they leap to the conclusion your most important moral duty is to make the lives of homosexuals as miserable as possible.
- Then they leap to the conclusion Jehovah answers every prayer, even though he obviously does no such thing, unless by answers you mean silently ignores prayers.
- Then sometimes they even leap to the conclusion you should vote Republican.
None of this follows. It is one giant non-sequitur, and they know it! But the bastards keep repeating the lies and pretending these are necessary consequences of the universe-starter argument.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why I Hate Christians
The problem with Christians is they believe they have special privilege to meddle in affairs that do not concern them in the least such as:
- gay marriage
- physician assisted suicide
- forcing their religion on others, especially children
Others are competent adults capable of life decisions. Christians imagine they are honorary parents to the human race, but no parents are as outrageous busybodies as Christians. Christians have no right to interfere or override. They are such annoying meddlers I wish them all a painful death.
They are free to disapprove. They are free to claim their imaginary god will torture those who disagrees with them, but they are not free to interfere in the private lives of others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why I have Contempt For Christians
Christians complain that I am overly contemptuous of them. In the 1970s, I received about 400,000 abusive phone calls and 3,000 death threats from Christians. They were furious that I was would not apologise for being born gay. I would not symbolically flagellate myself and grovel before them and their exalted morality to beg the right to continued existence. Who is overstating their case? I think I would even be justified in publishing nothing but expletives and malicious lies after the way they treated me.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why I have to Talk You Out Of Christianity
I feel compelled to talk you out of your false Christian beliefs because those beliefs cause you to do evil things, such as:
- Not all Christians do this, but many withhold medical attention from their children. They allow them to die.
- Not all Christians do this, but many refuse to vaccinate their children. This leads to their children and others becoming infected and dying.
- Most Christians will persecute homosexuals. Some will even kill them.
- Most Christians will interfere in other people’s family planning.
- Most Christians will interfere with sex education, leading to unwanted pregnancy and STDs.
- Most Christians waste time in emergencies praying.
- Most Christians interfere in other people’s end-of-life decisions.
- Most Christians interfere with donations for organ transplants.
- Most Christians donate to their church which does no real charitable activity.
- Churches and televangelists con little old ladies out of their life savings.
- Faith healers trick people into avoiding medical help.
- Most Christians try to force their religion down others’ throats.
Contrary to Christian myth, I am not trying to get you to sell your soul to Satan, but to behave morally.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why My Authority Exceeds Ratzinger’s
If there were a god, I think I have more right to speak for him than Pope Ratzinger does. Why?
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- I don’t aid, abet and cover up child rape.
- I call for responsible population control to protect the earth. The pope calls for its destruction by overpopulation.
- I call for reducing the wealth gap. The pope takes from the poor to support his preposterously luxurious lifestyle.
- I call for equal civil rights for all. The pope calls for scapegoating homosexuals and denying them civil rights.
- I call for preservation and humane treatment of all species. The pope believes animals have no rights. They are the chattels of man whose sole purpose is to serve man.
Why Tolerating Christianity is Wrong
The fundamentalism that Americans exported to Uganda resulted in the state executing people just for being gay. They want that for the USA too. They want a theocracy. They don’t believe in freedom of religion or separation of church and state. They want to take things back to the way where were in Europe in the year 1300. These people do not deserve toleration since they refuse it to others.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why We Should Combat Christianity
Here are some of the reasons I have come to detest Christians and to believe we must try to derail their foul religion. The most important reasons are near the top.
- Christians impose their religious superstitions about end-of-life and physician-assisted suicide on non-believers.
- Christian interfere with organ donations and transplants.
- Christians delight in doing whatever they can to make the lives of gay people as miserable as possible.
- Christians impose their religious superstitions about contraception and abortion on non-believers.
- Christians are so arrogant, with such an inflated sense of entitlement, that they feel they have a natural right to impose their beliefs on others, but won’t even tolerate others building a temple.
- Christians prefer wishful thinking to what is obviously true from the evidence.
- Christians endlessly lie they know things for certain that are mere speculation.
- Christians of some denominations such as the Catholics and Anglicans aid and abet priests to spend a lifetime molesting and raping children.
- Christians lie to the elderly and feeble minded to con them out of their life savings with preposterous empty promises.
- Christians destroy the natural curiosity of children and turn them into pig-headed ignorant boobs too afraid to reason or experiment.
- Christians tell endless lies about science and history. They repeatedly deliberately misrepresent what science has to say. This is not just ignorance. It is deliberate malice.
- Republican-fundamentalist Christianity popular in the USA is completely counter to the teachings of Jesus. It is pro-war. It is against helping the poor or sick. It is all about accumulating power. It is racist. It is all about bullying others and meddling in their affairs.
- Professional Christians (especially televangelists and phony faith healers) are parasites on the body politic, accumulating vast wealth while paying no taxes.
- Christians interfere with organ transplants.
- Most Christian music and art is unbearably dreary or kitsch.
Let me make it clear. Even though these loons have threatened to kill me on over 3,200 occasions, in no way am I calling for Christians to be harmed or shunned. I call for trying to convert them, to persuade them to give up their cruel religious superstitions and arrogance. I also call for political action to block them from imposing their religious superstitions on others by force or through law. They are innocent brainwashing victims of the previous generation of Christians, just as they are the victimisers of their children. Christianity is an evil superstition passed from generation to generation without rational thought, like female circumcision. The way I see it, they are suffering from a mental illness, one so common that psychiatrists have not dared to label it so.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Why You Cannot Ignore Christians
Why not just leave Christians alone to enjoy their delusions? The problem is these delusions harm others, not just the Christians who harbour them. For example, these delusions cause Christians to:
~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
- Harass gay people, drive gay teens to suicide, fight against equal civil rights for gays.
- Commit crimes. Christians are disproportionately represented in prison. Because of their belief in ecclesiastical erasure of sin, they don’t take crime as seriously as normal people.
- Kill. Christians, especially soldiers believe they cannot really kill their victims so they have less compunction about killing civilians or children.
- Interfere with other people’s family planning, especially abortion.
- Interfere with other people’s end-of-life decisions.
- Interfere with organ donations and organ transplants.
- Interfere with the teaching of science.
- Extort money from the poorest of the poor with false promises of eternal bliss or magical healing and empty threats of eternal torture.
- Some fundamentalist Christians deny their children medical treatment.
- Avoid dealing with environmental degradation and climate change. They assume god will look after it.
- Christian churches have an arrangement to harbour pedophiles in return for serving as priests.
All evidence for or against existence aside, Christians hope that bastard, the god Jehovah, exists and gay people hope he does not.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In the Congo, Christian pastors have a scam going that is sweeping the country. The pastor accuses children of witchcraft and doing things like stealing blood to fly at night. The parents have to ransom their kids by handing over money (half a year’s salary). The pastor then does violent exorcisms. This is all done in the name of Jesus. All kinds of witch kids have been killed in the name of Jesus. These churches were imposed on Africa by western colonialism, and are sustained by contributions from the west to impose extreme right wing agendas like executing all homosexuals.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
Withdraw Tax Breaks for Criminal Organisations
We don’t give the KKK special tax breaks, so why do we give them to the Catholic church, an institution that has dedicated itself over the centuries to two great evils, persecuting gays and molesting/raping children?~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68) Deliver Us from Evil
Worse Than Satanists
Christians see themselves as virtuous elder brothers whose rôle is to chastise and control less enlightened people. I see them as a far bigger source of evil than the Satanists. Christians have threatened my life thousands of times simply because I am gay. Never once has a Satanist done so. Christians work hard to deny me equal civil rights. Satanists mind their own business. Christians are doing all they can increase greenhouse gas emissions by spreading lies about the science. Satanists have no such suicidal agenda. Christians are constantly trying to force Christian dogma and junk science as part of the school curriculum. Satanists would not dream of such imposition. Christians interfere with organ donations and end-of-life decisions of others. I have never heard of Satanists committing such busy-body meddling in the affairs of strangers. The problem is arrogance. Christians presume to know better how to run other people’s lives. They imagine they are mothers and everyone else are their young children. It is time to tell these meddling busybodies to get stuffed in no uncertain terms.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
The Wrong God Problem
It is odd but Christians cannot conceive that there might be a universe-creating god, but one who did not call himself Jehovah, did not favour Jews over their neighbours, who did not create a virgin then do a sort of Fantastic Voyage trip to trick people into thinking she conceived Him (in a sort of deistic big bang auto-creation event) and who did not hate gays. Oddly, Christians have an easier time contemplating the possibility there might be no god whatsoever.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
There are many atheists who post videos on YouTube or on websites intended to convince people to drop their religious beliefs. There are quite a variety to choose from. My favourites are near the top:
- Richard Dawkins: he is cultured, educated, fair and outraged that Christians would so blatantly lie.
- Christopher Hitchens: (deceased). He punished idiocy.
- Sam Harris: thoughtful and dispassionate.
- Bill Maher: a professional comedian.
- Aron Ra: He likes teaching about science. He was originally a creationist.
- Hermant Mehta: Kindly. He is genuinely concerned for the welfare of his opponents.
- Daniel Dennett: a kindly older man. He is wonderfully undogmatic and down to earth.
- Bart Erhman: He so full of information about the history of the bible. If Christians only knew this.
- DarkMatter2525: Fractured bible stories in the form of cartoons. Sometimes pretty silly (e.g. casting Arnold Schwarzenegger as Sampson).
- The Bible Skeptic: Brett Palmer. He has a mellow relaxed voice. He is not a terrier. He appears only as a voiceover.
- NonStampCollector: Metaphorical cartoons illustrating the philosophical idiocy of the bible.
- Cool Hard Logic: Goes after the craziest of the crazies and patiently dissects their delusions with science. He is openly contemptuous.
- Theoretical Bullshit: Scott Clifton. The handsomest of the pack. Tends to get lost in Christian abstract bullshit.
- Acharya S: D.M. Murdock. She is persuasive and appealing. The problem is she does not have the credentials I would like from someone giving me information about such a controversial and esoteric field as biblical scholarship.
- Venaloid: a mild mannered guy who finds unusually stupid Christians then tries to treat them as if they had intelligence greater than broccoli.
- Jaclyn Glenn: She is a Glamourous young woman whose utterances I suspect are often motivated by attention seeking.
- Armoured Skeptic: (presents himself as an avatar with a faceplate). He is a bit of a smart Alec. He is a little too full of himself.
- The Thinking Atheist: Seth Andrews. Tends to ramble on and on without getting to the point. Repeats himself.
- Pat Condell: He is a grumpy old man who likes to share his strong opinions on many topics, but he never explains why he holds his opinions.
- Peter Hitchens: (Christopher’s younger brother) a boor without being as clever as his brother. He is a theist.
- Atheism Is Unstoppable: He represents himself in his videos with a kangaroo icon. I really don’t like this guy. He jeers at his opponent’s physical flaws, speech impediments etc. I watched him once torment a mentally ill teen, much the way a school yard bully would.
Talking about myself, I would say my positive attributes are getting to the point quickly and originality. My most negative attribute is that I am not compassionate toward Christians. I would just as soon they all dropped dead. As a gay person, I will never forgive them for killing my friends and threatening me so often.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In Zimbabwe, superstitious tribesmen rape as many prepubescent girls as they can, inserting sharp sticks into their private parts in order to collect blood which has the magical power to make them rich or to cure HIV. In North America, Christian gay bashers stalk gay males to beat and/or kill them to curry favour with their deity.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In Zimbabwe, superstitious tribespeople persecute women who give birth by Caesarian, and deny them the right to marriage saying they are no longer real women. In North America, superstitious Christians persecute gay women and deny them the right to marry claiming they are not fully human. Zibmabweans are genetically almost identical to us. This degradation is caused by religious superstition.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
In Zimbabwe, superstitious tribespeople persecute women who give birth to twins and drive them away fearing their presence will block the rain. In North America, superstitious Christians persecute gay people and deny them civil rights fearing their presence will cause earthquakes and fire to fall from the sky. Zibmabweans are genetically almost identical to us. This degradation is caused by religious superstition.~ Roedy (born:1948-02-04 age:68)
This page is posted
Optional Replicator mirror
Your face IP:[22.214.171.124]
You are visitor number|