Meaning in My Life
Creationists claim that because I believe evolution and because I believe I am an animal, a primate, yet another of the ape/monkey clan and because I don’t believe in eternal life necessarily my life is without meaning, empty and miserable. That is simply not so. At different points in my life I have derived meaning from:
- Learning as much as I could about everything.
- Fighting bigotry against homosexuals.
- Helping people starving in Ethiopia.
- Promoting the work of Ken Keyes Jr.
- Helping teach computer programming all over the world.
- Trying to stop the Afghan and Iraq wars.
- Trying to convince people to give up religious superstition.
- Trying to stop Trump from doing damage.
If were a Christian and my only choice for purpose in life was to kiss the ass of an infinitely evil bastard like Yahweh and the Catholic church, I would sooner kill myself. I am utterly baffled that any Christian would claim to crave this slavery and believe it necessary for existence.~ Roedy (1948-02-04 age:69)